Oldbirds

have done a "head count" earlier , and surprised to find i am Wintering 88 birds :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: . how many do you have this Winter ? :pidge:

36 widowers and their hens of which 24 race, although I'm a wee bit overstocked with youngsters if anyone interested!! Also I keep 8 pairs of stock birds.

How things have changed over the past 50 years !! In 1965 their were 43 lofts in the club sending 400-450 birds weekly averaging 10 birds per loft and 20 youngsters were reared in 2 rounds. Nobody could afford to keep more and a 14ft loft was a big one. Now if you dont winter 60 birds upwards you are classed a small team fancier.. SO I will always be a small team fancier with no chance of competing against the MOB fanciers. Its no wonder the game is f££ked and we cannot get people to join. :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

How things have changed over the past 50 years !! In 1965 their were 43 lofts in the club sending 400-450 birds weekly averaging 10 birds per loft and 20 youngsters were reared in 2 rounds. Nobody could afford to keep more and a 14ft loft was a big one. Now if you dont winter 60 birds upwards you are classed a small team fancier.. SO I will always be a small team fancier with no chance of competing against the MOB fanciers. Its no wonder the game is f££ked and we cannot get people to join. :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

We were small team fanciers ending 10 every week.......you got your turn but its very hard to sustain channel racing these days on a small team so you have to adjust or accept that you will need a bit of luck to get yer choosen one at the gold cup etc............people were clocking more pigeons at the shorter channel races than i had in the loft???? They must have set them up well??

First raced in 1972 into 16 ft loft

Rung 30 youngsters raced the programme could be left with 22

No such thing as stock

Fast forward 2015

If you bought 30 rings raced the programme you would be left with a couple if you were lucky

If you did not have stock and raced everything you would end up with zero pigeons flying into this location in a very short number of years

Never thought of myself as a mob flyer but certainly need a team to compete nowadays

Atb mick