The Auld Alliance

ALF

The letter below has been sent to both Scottish national distance clubs.What do the members think of the proposal?

I would be obliged if you would place this suggestion before the committee at your earliest convenience.

As you will be aware that in 2020 an attempt was made to go to the longest race along with the SNRPC. As it did not materialise I have a suggestion that may meet with approval.

I am prepared to organise a six hundred mile race from France (600 Miles to the central belt).

How will it work so far:

1) I will pay birdage.

2) I will pay transport.

3) I will arrange basketing.

4) Both clubs will have their own race and duplicate into my race.

5) I am hoping to have in the region of £5000.00 prize money.

6) Open to any suggestions.

Regards

Vince Hendry 5168

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alf, has Vince any suggestions for a race point. Both organisations could benefit from this with no expenditure for either. Good on Vince. Hopefully it might take off.

John b

The race would be from Troyes John

So far 100% of replies on this proposal are positive ones...cant really see where a negative or argument against could come from.

At the end of the day the commities of both national organisation should follow the will of the majority of those they represent. Anyway we'll done Mr Henry hope it takes off

The letter below has been sent to both Scottish national distance clubs.What do the members think of the proposal?

I would be obliged if you would place this suggestion before the committee at your earliest convenience.

As you will be aware that in 2020 an attempt was made to go to the longest race along with the SNRPC. As it did not materialise I have a suggestion that may meet with approval.

I am prepared to organise a six hundred mile race from France (600 Miles to the central belt).

How will it work so far:

1) I will pay birdage.

2) I will pay transport.

Regards

Vince Hendry 5168

here is the first negative reply MY RACE thats why it wont happen

Good to see.

I think, personally, that the Scots are more likely to do this than in England.

Be good to see it happen.

The only 'Knockers' 'boo - hoo boys' will be those, the feint hearted that will have no intensions of going!

their stupid excuse will be many. not counting that they will hate to see Great Merit' and deserved credit of those going.

Yes the Distance crap will be flaunted.

Birds ... well many stupidities and untruths will be put forward as 'Downers'.

Wouldn't it just be wonderful, if only those, who've read, understand these successful challenges - being done often- of nigh 150 years were the only ones to comment.

But 'skinny scare ribs' of jealousy won't allow that.... EVEN though they won't send themselves.

It is one very main reason that pigeons aren't as good as they once were - TESTED!

Of course they can do 600 miles. Been done- in all weathers - so very many times.

Edited by Roland

Great idea but with due respect if someone wanted to buy me a new car every year of think that would be brilliant too.

Will you be funding the race for the next 10 years?

Or is this an expensive point making exercise?

If your funding this race every year for years to come it's fantastic and good on you, if it's a one off to prove a point then we have had enough narcissism in doos it's killing the game.

How will it work so far:

1) I will pay birdage.

2) I will pay transport.

Regards

Vince Hendry 5168

The sun rising comment and narcissism comment are pure waffle "the meaning of ‘waffle’ is to talk or write at great length without actually saying very much. The negative comments made have stopped members discussing this offer, if it is felt by some that there is an ulterior motive why is that not being discussed. I feel a forum is a platform to put your views forward in a grown up fashion without being put down by people who do not agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion without being ridiculed. I personally think it is a brilliant opportunity and serious distance pigeon men should jump at the chance of a free race, it is an opportunity to entice more fanciers to try distance racing for the first time.