The Auld Alliance

ALF

Great idea but with due respect if someone wanted to buy me a new car every year of think that would be brilliant too.

Will you be funding the race for the next 10 years?

Or is this an expensive point making exercise?

If your funding this race every year for years to come it's fantastic and good on you, if it's a one off to prove a point then we have had enough narcissism in doos it's killing the game.

Obviously you are not interested. But must have squeak, be it a subtle downer eh!

Edited by Roland

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sun rising comment and narcissism comment are pure waffle "the meaning of ‘waffle’ is to talk or write at great length without actually saying very much. The negative comments made have stopped members discussing this offer, if it is felt by some that there is an ulterior motive why is that not being discussed. I feel a forum is a platform to put your views forward in a grown up fashion without being put down by people who do not agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion without being ridiculed. I personally think it is a brilliant opportunity and serious distance pigeon men should jump at the chance of a free race, it is an opportunity to entice more fanciers to try distance racing for the first time.

I like my waffle toasted way lurpak butter :peace-sign-258:

aye, you can just use any distances you want who gives a hoot .it has to be flown under some sort of rules. or is it my rules that apply here? security is the next thing why not let both organizations race mark their own birds and you transport them free as you say and it's up tae the individual tae duplicate into my race that would make more sense :smiling-scarecrow-329: then that would stop any cant arguing oh nearly forgot you will have tae sort which type of basket or crate tae use that can be a sore point tae

Baffles me why there should be any difference in distances (I know there is)

Question is why? The libsite co-ordinates and your race loft coordinates shouldn't be any different no matter what system you use to pinpoint

Dont know if the issue is the RPRA use diff libsites from shu

Edited by geordie1234

Question is why? The libsite co-ordinates and your race loft coordinates shouldn't be any different no matter what system you use to pinpoint

Baffles me too George, dont know if the RPRA use the GPS for measuring or not, but you would think that the lengh of a bit string would be the same in English or Scottish miles

Baffles me too George, dont know if the RPRA use the GPS for measuring or not, but you would think that the lengh of a bit string would be the same in English or Scottish miles

Yeah exactly...imagine a stranded hill walker radios in his co-ordinates and the mountain rescue says dammit he's using benzing we use xyz we canny find him lol

Coordinates or lat longs should be identical.

I think one organisation my use tge great circle route to work out distances and tgd other doesn't. Great circle is usually used by ships crossing oceans, or planes covering large distances too.

Coordinates or lat longs should be identical.

I think one organisation my use tge great circle route to work out distances and tgd other doesn't. Great circle is usually used by ships crossing oceans, or planes covering large distances too.

Aye sounds about right tbh... ones went wae one so the other said lets use the other one 😂

Only in doo racing can ye put up money to fund a race for the whole of Scotland and get called a narcissist fkn unbelievable this game

Aye sounds about right tbh... ones went wae one so the other said lets use the other one 😂

Only in doo racing can ye put up money to fund a race for the whole of Scotland and get called a narcissist fkn unbelievable this game

narcissist was a good word george i got far better yin in my mind

Great idea but with due respect if someone wanted to buy me a new car every year of think that would be brilliant too.

Will you be funding the race for the next 10 years?

Or is this an expensive point making exercise?

If your funding this race every year for years to come it's fantastic and good on you, if it's a one off to prove a point then we have had enough narcissism in doos it's killing the game.

Why don't you sponsor it for the next 10 years?

:smiling-scarecrow-329:

Why don't you sponsor it for the next 10 years?

why don't you answer what rules the race will be flown under as for going tae a 600 miles race I do go when I choose you posted this letter on here you must know the answer to some of the cons tae MY RACE or is it just the pros you know 30 pieces of silver its the security that worries me like :smiling-scarecrow-329:

Seem like a great idea, whether the 2 national can come together on this I’m not sure but surely it worth a go. Will be difficult due to COVID restrictions to have meetings etc and probably to late for this year but at least start discussions and u never know maybe next year.

I dont believe the negative comments on this 600ml race.

Let them that want to send to it just send quite simple.

Them that dont, just sit back n watch and twiddle yer thumbs! :drinking-coffee-200:

100% right.

Let those that daren't keep their peace. Indeed WHAT right do these so-called Fancier have? Why do they belittle, or spout disregards of those trying to help the sport? Think many terms could apply here. Not least jealousy and fear in their ability and they are overpriced pigeons they've bought. Those pampered and molly-coddled for fear of losing. Money lol so-called investments lol

Simple pigeons have been tested regularly to about 30 years ago. Built the reputation and brought the best out of them! All great strains, go back to the fact that they were/are from a proven distance and had day pigeons.

Let those who wish to go for a 600 miler do so, without the jealousy of those who fear. Those that breed culls year in and year out filling the churches, and town centres, with their' fodders of discards, ' should be rejected. At significant expenses too.