Proposed 700 Ml Racing Into Central Scotland .

eastcoaster

think these would be the best two pigeon men in britain to ask about 600ml plus racing, brian denny, in the nfc against the full of england and winning at 750ml/ jim donaldson peterhead, with the snfc 30 years of winning 600ml plus races,

good pigeons prepared right win no matter were you stay , south/east/north/west, makes no differnce,, time on wing is the killer

and winning pigeons come into scotland up the tramlines

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think these would be the best two pigeon men in britain to ask about 600ml plus racing, brian denny, in the nfc against the full of england and winning at 750ml/ jim donaldson peterhead, with the snfc 30 years of winning 600ml plus races,

good pigeons prepared right win no matter were you stay , south/east/north/west, makes no differnce,, time on wing is the killer

Well said Davy

I think I would be correct in stating that everyone on Basics is a novice when it comes to 700 miles racing so to rectify that particular problem for those who are interested you can forget the SNFC and Federation programns.

Having lifted Young Birds that have never seen the inside of a basket and started with a 112 mile race has given me a dose of further confidence to attempt a programne with the intention of jumping Old Birds 100 miles every week starting in April for three weeks which is the equivalent of Cheltenham as the West coast route is the only answer,IMO, this would allow you to catch BICC races at 500 miles in May which would set you up for 700+ in early June.

Who is for it !!..I wont hold my breath.

I think I would be correct in stating that everyone on Basics is a novice when it comes to 700 miles racing so to rectify that particular problem for those who are interested you can forget the SNFC and Federation programns.

Having lifted Young Birds that have never seen the inside of a basket and started with a 112 mile race has given me a dose of further confidence to attempt a programne with the intention of jumping Old Birds 100 miles every week starting in April for three weeks which is the equivalent of Cheltenham as the West coast route is the only answer,IMO, this would allow you to catch BICC races at 500 miles in May which would set you up for 700+ in early June.

Id love a crack at it bt tbf I would go to any race lol

It's the transport that will put a lot off... need to get yer doos to sheffield for marking

No me. .....am still looking for the tram lines

how do you think they come into scotland

I do hope they come up the m6 cos that's the correct line of flight into the solway and the direction the birds are trained on. Wind obviously makes a difference as does the race point.

I would think you probably hope the same? If the birds from Ypres came up the west coast when they hit the English coast then that's perfect. ......but it dusnae happen. Your birds from falaise may come up the west coast and break east at a given point......but that point will be up to the birx

We were flying the west/middle of the country when Jack Adams spoke about this. Our birds are now definitely coming up the A68 and A7. Sometimes like the YB National I see them on the A1.

Jedburgh northwards John? If that's the case from Ypres, reims etc I thought they would have been more east?

A lot of romantics on here,there is plenty of organisations who will get your birds too 700 miles but when the time comes I don't see many sending,there are very few guys who send to scotlands longest race and even fewer birds that have flown 600 miles!!!!!!!! But hey the best of luck. :partick-thistle-Crest: :partick-thistle-Crest: :partick-thistle-Crest:

A lot of romantics on here,there is plenty of organisations who will get your birds too 700 miles but when the time comes I don't see many sending,there are very few guys who send to scotlands longest race and even fewer birds that have flown 600 miles!!!!!!!! But hey the best of luck. :partick-thistle-Crest: :partick-thistle-Crest: :partick-thistle-Crest:

Aye deffo