Rpra Update For Su Members.

greenlands

It’s a situation the pigeon fancy in Scotland should not be in.

At this stage the word “Interpretation†should not be used or require to be applied. It should be a given fact if we can or can’t race at the present time (or when). This should not come from the unions "Interpretation" but from the Scottish Executive as a direct verdict if racing is allowed after conversations with the union. We are a minority past time so we cannot expect to have been mentioned explicitly in last Thursday’s easing of lockdown and phase 1 but the representative unions should have been in negotiation post Thursday (and throughout) with somebody from the executive who would have the capacity to decide if we can or cannot race (what we can or can’t do)

It is very possible to interpret what is being said either way and all sides should be respected.

Sundays announcement from the SHU used interpretation and at this stage it should say either way as a direct result from speaking to X. It was expressly disappointing that interpretation was involved.

Initially I heard the RPRA (and that may be wrong) would negotiate on behalf of all unions so perhaps this has been done to which case all unions should be singing from the same hymn sheet. Again though not interpretation but a direct verdict should be available.

The coverage on tv and in the press from England today should assist. Undoubtedly even once racing starts unfortunately some fanciers in at risk groups will not be able to participate and we gave to be mindful and fully respectful of that.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well walter you and roland have more threads locked because of your political views

MOST likely some truth there, Tommy. Mind we - together couldn't compete with Bigda and Mambo etc. lol Indeed you have had more than a fair share lol. :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Maybe, it is because of the Fifer's wish, and rightly so, to protect you and some from home truths lol :emoticon-0136-giggle:

However, on the pigeon front, WE DO sincerely speak with sense and truth!

It can't be allowed any more surely 'For the good of one, and stuff the rest!

We are all in this together—past happening galore stand out so very much, by so many, causing great harm. The harm done to the sport and fancy. Many for a not caring and selfish attitude and off 'Gaining a March'!

The senile brags to the members of the public. Like the stupidity often spouted regards 'needing To cull to get to the top', and much more, unneeded and unwanted tripe emitted by the lesser fancier to try and boost his failings. Like now! Many have lost loved ones! Thousands are missing seeing family and friends. Yes everyone now has seen or heard of deaths!

Yes, we see so many bleating wanting to be exempt and trying to find the selfish and senseless comparison to enable us to do as we have always done! Defiantly to be treated differently!

I can't speak for Walter, only as for myself, let me assure one and all I will talk as I see the truth! If and when pulled up, or explained I am wrong! Okay I will stand corrected and be pleased. (I have many times) In the meantime, I AM proud to spout a few home truths as I see them. Can't please everyone even some of the time granted. But a few will have to do. So I feel you will see more of me.

Walter and I haven't always agreed with each other. Okay but we decide to differ and pursue our course.

I will also say, unashamedly, that I like and respect Walter very much. He is of a great benefit to the site. He talks truths and gives excellent advice. One who has commanded respect. Has to gain respect, for being himself.

Sadly most that can't, or won't, don't want to agree, Fine that is their Right!

Mind, I do hope I will get, now, that invitation to the 'garden party'. Of course that depends when it will be, and this virus etc.

But hopefully it will give me time to put some begging notices on here in regards the Hotel and fuel expense I and the family's, will incur. :drinking-coffee-200:

Yet another statement from the SHU discouraging training. Why does an organisation set up to promote the interests of racing pigeons continually issue statements in opposition to the other Unions. Have they decided that the SHU in Scotland is of no use and the RPRA should take over? Have the guidelines been changed since they were announced? Resume outdoor leisure activities. Racing pigeons are an outdoor leisure activity. Stay within your local area, but no law against travelling any distance, so use your common sense. The further you travel, the longer it takes and therefore you will require a comfort stop. You are not allowed to share other's toilets

Common sense from the RPRA to travel to your local marking station and observe the proper bio-security measures, just as those who are back at work are having to do. Instead of every member travelling unlimited distance to train, just one vehicle travelling. Toilet on board.

This helps the mental well-being of fanciers, something the Government wants to do, and it cuts the risk of spreading the virus to just the one vehicle. Distribution services are still continuing and they are travelling unlimited distances.

The latest SHU email quoting Mairi Gougeon MSP shows she has absolutely no understanding about racing pigeons. It has either not been explained to her or she is not interested. She states it is best if .....

Do I value the opinion of someone who has no knowledge of pigeons or no interest in pigeons or do I value the opinion of the RPRA. I know my answer. I disagree with the SHU, but then, as a Councillor, I have not been asked for my opinion

Ultimately it comes down to the individual. The individual is the only person who knows their own circumstances and therefore the only person who can interpret the Scottish Government guidance in this matter.

Why the SHU President authorised group training and has thereafter spent his time retracting his authorisation, I do not know.

I'm really dissapointed. We had the green light to get going. The guide lines were there for everyone to adhere to. The distance of 5 miles for travel was always a guide line. nicola sturgeon said that in her speech. People could still travel further but recommend 5 miles. 5 miles was never a law. It actually feels like that the SHU have pushed for this although i know they haven't. Just debating whether to move to Glasgow so a can race doos or get budgies

Yet another statement from the SHU discouraging training. Why does an organisation set up to promote the interests of racing pigeons continually issue statements in opposition to the other Unions. Have they decided that the SHU in Scotland is of no use and the RPRA should take over? Have the guidelines been changed since they were announced? Resume outdoor leisure activities. Racing pigeons are an outdoor leisure activity. Stay within your local area, but no law against travelling any distance, so use your common sense. The further you travel, the longer it takes and therefore you will require a comfort stop. You are not allowed to share other's toilets

Common sense from the RPRA to travel to your local marking station and observe the proper bio-security measures, just as those who are back at work are having to do. Instead of every member travelling unlimited distance to train, just one vehicle travelling. Toilet on board.

This helps the mental well-being of fanciers, something the Government wants to do, and it cuts the risk of spreading the virus to just the one vehicle. Distribution services are still continuing and they are travelling unlimited distances.

The latest SHU email quoting Mairi Gougeon MSP shows she has absolutely no understanding about racing pigeons. It has either not been explained to her or she is not interested. She states it is best if .....

Do I value the opinion of someone who has no knowledge of pigeons or no interest in pigeons or do I value the opinion of the RPRA. I know my answer. I disagree with the SHU, but then, as a Councillor, I have not been asked for my opinion

Ultimately it comes down to the individual. The individual is the only person who knows their own circumstances and therefore the only person who can interpret the Scottish Government guidance in this matter.

Why the SHU President authorised group training and has thereafter spent his time retracting his authorisation, I do not know.

Couldn’t believe it

That’s 3 different emails in a week

I'm really dissapointed. We had the green light to get going. The guide lines were there for everyone to adhere to. The distance of 5 miles for travel was always a guide line. nicola sturgeon said that in her speech. People could still travel further but recommend 5 miles. 5 miles was never a law. It actually feels like that the SHU have pushed for this although i know they haven't. Just debating whether to move to Glasgow so a can race doos or get budgies

Ryan after the e-mail that came out today I very much doubt any one will be training /racing in Scotland hopefully this will be changed but as it stands the Scottish government says no further than 5 ml its just one big fk up

Couldn’t believe it

That’s 3 different emails in a week

Thats three more emails than I,ve had, they can manage to send me bills tho. pissed off doesnt even start to cover how I feel about the SHU at this moment in time

Ryan after the e-mail that came out today I very much doubt any one will be training /racing in Scotland hopefully this will be changed but as it stands the Scottish government says no further than 5 ml its just one big fk up

Alan, the Scottish Government doesn't say no further than 5 miles. That is just the SHU President's interpretation of what the Scottish Government is saying. The Scottish Government recommends local travel to 5 miles for practical reasons, but they have not passed a law to restrict travel to 5 miles. If careful bio-security is practised, then racing could go ahead. Glasgow will be racing from Saturday 13th June under the current RPRA guidance.

Why is the SHU's guidance so different from that of the RPRA?

Alan, the Scottish Government doesn't say no further than 5 miles. That is just the SHU President's interpretation of what the Scottish Government is saying. The Scottish Government recommends local travel to 5 miles for practical reasons, but they have not passed a law to restrict travel to 5 miles. If careful bio-security is practised, then racing could go ahead. Glasgow will be racing from Saturday 13th June under the current RPRA guidance.

Read the email!!

All Clubs and Federations should be fully aware of the following statement which was made by Mairi Gougeon MSP, Minister for Rural Affairs and The Natural Environment in the Scottish Government on 2 June 2020 before arranging training of any kind:-

At the current time, it is best that racing pigeons are exercised from their home loft. It would be permissable for birds belonging to a few members to be transported, in disinfected crates, to a distance of less that 5 miles and released for a slightly longer flight. This could be carried out without the need for your members to come into close contact with others when the crates are uplifted.

Surely if there is Fed's racing in scotland it must mean ALL Feds.

Read the email!!

All Clubs and Federations should be fully aware of the following statement which was made by Mairi Gougeon MSP, Minister for Rural Affairs and The Natural Environment in the Scottish Government on 2 June 2020 before arranging training of any kind:-

At the current time, it is best that racing pigeons are exercised from their home loft. It would be permissable for birds belonging to a few members to be transported, in disinfected crates, to a distance of less that 5 miles and released for a slightly longer flight. This could be carried out without the need for your members to come into close contact with others when the crates are uplifted.

This statement should be adhered to as failure to comply with it could result in there being no racing at all this year.

In the meantime I will continue pressing the Minister and her Private Secretary for an answer on when we are liable to be allowed to race.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

President Scottish Homing Union

Yours sincerely

Disnae take a brain surgeon to work out that if there's ANY racing in Scotland before we get the all clear then it will .*expletive removed* it up for everyone!!

Andy be very careful she said on Monday she would have no hesitation to put in law weather u like it or not that will be the law of the land and they will make examples if this happens and theres lots of things she could do we should be patient let the shu pres do the best he can and I don't know the guy but I don't envy his job

Racing in Scotland – Updated

2 June 2020

Pigeon Racing in Scotland

This statement relates to RPRA members in Scotland: We have produced a document giving guidance on race marking. Although this document is guidance, members, clubs and organisations should appreciate that it is based on the Scottish Government’s requirements and anyone found not adhering to the content will be jeopardising pigeon racing continuing under the current strategy. Race marking may be subjected to checks by Trading Standards and/or the Police.

The guidance is based on:

1. The principles set out by the First Ministers Announcements made in May and 1st June

2. The publication of the Scottish Government’s Framework for Decision Making

Download: RPRA Scotland Race Marking Guidance

Racing Pigeon Training in Scotland

Members should read all of the following statement, and encourage all other members to read the full statement and not rely on word of mouth.

Firstly, I must stress that this article relates to Scotland, under the easing of restrictions confirmed by the First Minister on 28th May 2020. This includes:

1. Confirmation that outdoor recreation and sport is permitted.

2. Unrestricted travel is permitted.

The statement is based on the principles set out by the First Minister on 21st and 22nd May 2020, and the content within the Scottish Government’s document titled ‘Scotland Road Map through and out of the Crisis’.

Individual Loft Training

Individual loft training is permitted from Friday 29th May 2020.

Group Training

Group training will also be permitted, subject to the following conditions that reflect the Scottish Government’s requirement:

1. Two metres distance should be kept between individuals from different household.

2. Individuals are only permitted to meet up with one other individual from a different household at any point.

Therefore, the following suggested process may assist members is adhering to these requirements:

Those carrying out group training (the convoyer) should remain in the vehicle at each collection point while the fancier loads his/her pigeons.

Once the fancier has left the pick up point, the convoyer should disinfect any part of the equipment that the fancier has come into contact with, such as door to trailers, before moving to the next collection point or before the next fancier loads his/her pigeons.

At no point should more than two individuals from different households be at the same pick up point at the same time.

Individuals from different households should not travel in the same vehicle.

In addition, where applicable convoyers should ensure that they have a RPRA Convoyer’s licence and are meeting the requirements of the General Licence for Bird Gatherings.

Further information on the General Licence can be found within the AI Pigeons Code of Practice.

Ian Evans

CEO

Thats three more emails than I,ve had, they can manage to send me bills tho. pissed off doesnt even start to cover how I feel about the SHU at this moment in time

Bobby, surely everyone that has an email address logged with the SHU should have had at these emails. If it was not for basics none of us would have any idea what the f... Is going on in Scotland . Away to Lidls to buy black bags !

Bobby, surely everyone that has an email address logged with the SHU should have had at these emails. If it was not for basics none of us would have any idea what the f... Is going on in Scotland . Away to Lidls to buy black bags !

the way this is going, we all need black bags,

I guess by your statement it must just be club secretary's that got the email?

TRAINING IN SCOTLAND

This statement should be adhered to as failure to comply with it could result in there being no racing at all this year.

In the meantime I will continue pressing the Minister and her Private Secretary for an answer on when we are liable to be allowed to race.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

President Scottish Homing Union

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Scottish Homing Union Secretary

Does the shu actually have a document addressed to them from the scottis h government outlining what we are allowed to do in phase one ? Or are we again working on interpretations.

Disappointing as the message might be,it would be a lot better than the shambles we have now

Does the shu actually have a document addressed to them from the scottis h government outlining what we are allowed to do in phase one ? Or are we again working on interpretations.

Disappointing as the message might be,it would be a lot better than the shambles we have now

No interpretations needed!!, It was a "Statement" from the MSP

Hi John, hope you are well, I was assured last week that the issue with me and others not receiving emails would be addressed,obviously hasnt been, gonna get some Horsemen off Andy I think.