Rpra Update For Su Members.

greenlands

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the SHU that's stopping the racing it's the Scottish Government so your point is???

There is only one organisation that made 4 contradictory statements in as many days...only the SHU. Am sorry but their handling of this has been p*ss poor and pretty indefensible really.

These guys are disobeying the RPRA guidance and are a law unto themselves, check post 93, this was copied from RPRA's website

It's not the SHU that's stopping the racing it's the Scottish Government so your point is???

Looks like group training is permitted as long as you follow the guidlines

These guys are disobeying the RPRA guidance and are a law unto themselves, check post 93, this was copied from RPRA's website

I'm no lover of the SHU either but it looks like the first guidance that came out mirrored the RPRA to try and get things going, but owing to the different laws up here they've had no choice but to change them. So in that statement I wouldn't blame them as they were at least trying to get the ball rolling but had to change things with the statement from the MSP on the 2nd June.

group training allowed under 5 miles following the guidlines

I'm no lover of the SHU either but it looks like the first guidance that came out mirrored the RPRA to try and get things going, but owing to the different laws up here they've had no choice but to change them. So in that statement I wouldn't blame them as they were at least trying to get the ball rolling but had to change things with the statement from the MSP on the 2nd June.

I am struggling to find the 5 mile rule as a law....plenty of statement of of an indication but nothing concrete...lots of ' use your judgement of safety' etc

More or less contradicts the SHU's statement on group training

COVID - 19: Training: UPDATED 22 May 2020

TRAINING AND RACING PIGEONS IN SCOTLAND

This statement is based on the principles set our by the First Minister's announcement on Thursday 21 May 2020 and Friday 22 May 2020 outlining a policy for implementing Phase 1 of the easing of the lockdown policy by the Scottish Government

Individual loft training

Individual loft training will be permitted from 28 May 2020. This is based on the advice from the Scottish Government

Group Training

In Phase 1 of the Government strategy, this allows individuals to meet up with one member from a different household, while adhering to the social distancing requirements of 2 meters. Therefore group training of 2 lofts is permitted. However training in larger groups (more than two) is NOT permitted.

Addidtional Information

In no circumstances should fanciers from different lofts travel in the same vehicle.

You should also be aware that NO RACING is allowed in Phase 1 relaxing of the lockdown and I do not expect any notification to be received before the next stage of easing of restrictions takes place.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

President Scottish Homing Union

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Scottish Homing Union Secretary

GROUP TRAINING OF RACING PIGEONS IN SCOTLAND

Group training of racing pigeons in Scotland can be carried out by members of the Scottish Homing Union provided the following minimum precautions are taken.

During the loading of the transporter the driver must remain in the cab of the vehicle and have no contact with those loading the transporter

Only two people at a time can be present to load the transporter. This can be achieved by allocating times to members thereby reducing the size of gatherings

The same two people must not be used to load the transporter

A camping type mobile toilet must be provided for the driver as there are possibly no public toilet facilities available en route

Clubs and Federations must ensure that any location that they may use as a liberation site are currently open to the public or the neccessary permission has been granted from the owner of the site

The minimum distancing and hygene steps must be taken at all times to ensure the safety of members and the public alike

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

I guess by your statement it must just be club secretary's that got the email?

TRAINING IN SCOTLAND

All Clubs and Federations should be fully aware of the following statement which was made by Mairi Gougeon MSP, Minister for Rural Affairs and The Natural Environment in the Scottish Government on 2 June 2020 before arranging training of any kind:-

At the current time, it is best that racing pigeons are exercised from their home loft. It would be permissable for birds belonging to a few members to be transported, in disinfected crates, to a distance of less that 5 miles and released for a slightly longer flight. This could be carried out without the need for your members to come into close contact with others when the crates are uplifted.

This statement should be adhered to as failure to comply with it could result in there being no racing at all this year.

In the meantime I will continue pressing the Minister and her Private Secretary for an answer on when we are liable to be allowed to race.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

How? do you no believe her? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Go and try and find the statement she said on the 2nd June . I’ve been on her web page and through google and it’s no there !!! You ken everything so you must be able to find it .

I am struggling to find the 5 mile rule as a law....plenty of statement of of an indication but nothing concrete...lots of ' use your judgement of safety' etc

If you want it made law then continue to follow the sheep, First Minister said she will not hesitate to make it law if guidance is not adhered to

Go and try and find the statement she said on the 2nd June . I’ve been on her web page and through google and it’s no there !!! You ken everything so you must be able to find it .

:animatedpigeons:

If you want it made law then continue to follow the sheep, First Minister said she will not hesitate to make it law if guidance is not adhered to

There are lots of people not adhering to the 5 mile suggestion. Golfers in my village are away in their 20s and 30s but there is no golf course within 5miles?. Are they doing it because they are law breakers or Mavericks? No I dont think so...they have applied some common sense and concluded that them driving alone in their car 5miles is just the same as driving 50 miles...EXACTLY THE SAME IF YOU DONT COME INTO CONTACT WITH ANYONE ELSE..OR EVEN IF YOU DO SOCIL DISTANCE!! Does anyone really think the First Minister put the 5mile suggestion out there for guidance on pigeon racing, golfing etc ??? Of course not ....she put it there so halfwits wouldn't flock to beat spots. Common sense required.....ALL THESE ARGUMENTS SHOULD HAVE BEEN PRESENTED BY THE SHU

There are lots of people not adhering to the 5 mile suggestion. Golfers in my village are away in their 20s and 30s but there is no golf course within 5miles?. Are they doing it because they are law breakers or Mavericks? No I dont think so...they have applied some common sense and concluded that them driving alone in their car 5miles is just the same as driving 50 miles...EXACTLY THE SAME IF YOU DONT COME INTO CONTACT WITH ANYONE ELSE..OR EVEN IF YOU DO SOCIL DISTANCE!! Does anyone really think the First Minister put the 5mile suggestion out there for guidance on pigeon racing, golfing etc ??? Of course not ....she put it there so halfwits wouldn't flock to beat spots. Common sense required.....ALL THESE ARGUMENTS SHOULD HAVE BEEN PRESENTED BY THE SHU

well her minister for rural affairs & the natural environment says under 5mile......no me, driving 50 miles no the same driving 5 miles, some halfwits as you call them got charged for driving 60 miles at the weekend

More or less contradicts the SHU's statement on group training

COVID - 19: Training: UPDATED 22 May 2020

TRAINING AND RACING PIGEONS IN SCOTLAND

This statement is based on the principles set our by the First Minister's announcement on Thursday 21 May 2020 and Friday 22 May 2020 outlining a policy for implementing Phase 1 of the easing of the lockdown policy by the Scottish Government

Individual loft training

Individual loft training will be permitted from 28 May 2020. This is based on the advice from the Scottish Government

Group Training

In Phase 1 of the Government strategy, this allows individuals to meet up with one member from a different household, while adhering to the social distancing requirements of 2 meters. Therefore group training of 2 lofts is permitted. However training in larger groups (more than two) is NOT permitted.

Addidtional Information

In no circumstances should fanciers from different lofts travel in the same vehicle.

You should also be aware that NO RACING is allowed in Phase 1 relaxing of the lockdown and I do not expect any notification to be received before the next stage of easing of restrictions takes place.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

GROUP TRAINING OF RACING PIGEONS IN SCOTLAND

Group training of racing pigeons in Scotland can be carried out by members of the Scottish Homing Union provided the following minimum precautions are taken.

During the loading of the transporter the driver must remain in the cab of the vehicle and have no contact with those loading the transporter

Only two people at a time can be present to load the transporter. This can be achieved by allocating times to members thereby reducing the size of gatherings

The same two people must not be used to load the transporter

A camping type mobile toilet must be provided for the driver as there are possibly no public toilet facilities available en route

Clubs and Federations must ensure that any location that they may use as a liberation site are currently open to the public or the neccessary permission has been granted from the owner of the site

The minimum distancing and hygene steps must be taken at all times to ensure the safety of members and the public alike

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Racing in Scotland – Updated

2 June 2020

Pigeon Racing in Scotland

This statement relates to RPRA members in Scotland: We have produced a document giving guidance on race marking. Although this document is guidance, members, clubs and organisations should appreciate that it is based on the Scottish Government’s requirements and anyone found not adhering to the content will be jeopardising pigeon racing continuing under the current strategy. Race marking may be subjected to checks by Trading Standards and/or the Police.

The guidance is based on:

1. The principles set out by the First Ministers Announcements made in May and 1st June

2. The publication of the Scottish Government’s Framework for Decision Making

Download: RPRA Scotland Race Marking Guidance

Racing Pigeon Training in Scotland

Members should read all of the following statement, and encourage all other members to read the full statement and not rely on word of mouth.

Firstly, I must stress that this article relates to Scotland, under the easing of restrictions confirmed by the First Minister on 28th May 2020. This includes:

1. Confirmation that outdoor recreation and sport is permitted.

2. Unrestricted travel is permitted.

The statement is based on the principles set out by the First Minister on 21st and 22nd May 2020, and the content within the Scottish Government’s document titled ‘Scotland Road Map through and out of the Crisis’.

Individual Loft Training

Individual loft training is permitted from Friday 29th May 2020.

Group Training

Group training will also be permitted, subject to the following conditions that reflect the Scottish Government’s requirement:

1. Two metres distance should be kept between individuals from different household.

2. Individuals are only permitted to meet up with one other individual from a different household at any point.

Therefore, the following suggested process may assist members is adhering to these requirements:

Those carrying out group training (the convoyer) should remain in the vehicle at each collection point while the fancier loads his/her pigeons.

Once the fancier has left the pick up point, the convoyer should disinfect any part of the equipment that the fancier has come into contact with, such as door to trailers, before moving to the next collection point or before the next fancier loads his/her pigeons.

At no point should more than two individuals from different households be at the same pick up point at the same time.

Individuals from different households should not travel in the same vehicle.

In addition, where applicable convoyers should ensure that they have a RPRA Convoyer’s licence and are meeting the requirements of the General Licence for Bird Gatherings.

Further information on the General Licence can be found within the AI Pigeons Code of Practice.

Ian Evans

CEO

Above is 3 statements issued recently by the SHU which all contradict one another, understand this is difficult situation but dearly me the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, is it any wonder the fanciers are confused and don't what is right or wrong, What a shambles, they would have been better of issuing nothing

well her minister for rural affairs & the natural environment says under 5mile......no me, driving 50 miles no the same driving 5 miles, some halfwits as you call them got charged for driving 60 miles at the weekend

WHERE HAS SHE SAID IT ABOUT LIKE ???

I guess by your statement it must just be club secretary's that got the email?

TRAINING IN SCOTLAND

All Clubs and Federations should be fully aware of the following statement which was made by Mairi Gougeon MSP, Minister for Rural Affairs and The Natural Environment in the Scottish Government on 2 June 2020 before arranging training of any kind:-

At the current time, it is best that racing pigeons are exercised from their home loft. It would be permissable for birds belonging to a few members to be transported, in disinfected crates, to a distance of less that 5 miles and released for a slightly longer flight. This could be carried out without the need for your members to come into close contact with others when the crates are uplifted.

This statement should be adhered to as failure to comply with it could result in there being no racing at all this year.

In the meantime I will continue pressing the Minister and her Private Secretary for an answer on when we are liable to be allowed to race.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Apologies, this the 3rd statement issued by SHU, No 3 on my last post is an RPRA guide, sure you know what I mean

Above is 3 statements issued recently by the SHU which all contradict one another, understand this is difficult situation but dearly me the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, is it any wonder the fanciers are confused and don't what is right or wrong, What a shambles, they would have been better of issuing nothing

your so rite davy as president of the scottish west coast union our members will be training very simple pick up sat night at usual time guys

They didn't get fined for the distance they drove just their stupidity.....I just asked an inspector in Police scotland and he confirmed if you are stopped and asked to explain yourself...If you are reasonable then you ok....just a guidline not law

the 1st one referes to fanciers training together eg in a car , van etc etc ,

the 2nd one referes to training on a transporter ,

the 3rd one is stipulating the distance you can train out to

that's my take on it

group training allowed under 5 miles following the guidlines

Its not group training under 5 miles the law says they can go further read the statement.

I find it very hard to envisage the polis turning a transporter round and sending it home because it’s more than 5 miles away from its area.

The problem with contradicting messages arises from the NIPA SHU WHU & RPRA agreeing the RPRA would make representations for all the governing bodies. It wasn’t anticipated we would all have different times for easing the restrictions hence the confusion.

If some of the stuff I’ve read is true the Welsh lads are behind everyone else and aren’t getting training at all not even from 5 miles, stand to be corrected on that right enough.

If the 2000 SHU members wish to train their pigeons to 5 miles, so be it. I wouldn't bother. Mine fly a lot more than 5 miles when loft flying. If we are not racing then there is no need to put them in the basket for a 5 mile toss. Basket training just sharpens their mind and senses, not much else.

However, let's say that the 2000 SHU members decide to train their pigeons out to 5 miles, I'm sure some of them will be out of their NHS locality. Within a 5 mile radius of where I live there are 3 different localities, there is also only 2 shops, only 1 of which sells any amount of groceries and due to location at inflated prices. If I were to shop there all the time for everything I would be bankrupt. I have to travel 20 miles to and from my supermarket.

Rather than mass travelling which increases the risk of spread, it would be better to group train as recommended by the RPRA and the West of Scotland Union.

Oh dear, I have just issued a statement. Everyone better follow it.

Statements and guidelines require sensible interpretation and until someone is able to point out the error in my logic, I shall take care of my mental well-being and enjoy training my pigeons by travelling locally within the 5 miles and allowing my Federation to take my pigeons further to a place where their training will benefit them. Far rather this than killing them and putting them into a black bin bag as some have made in statements.

If the 2000 SHU members wish to train their pigeons to 5 miles, so be it. I wouldn't bother. Mine fly a lot more than 5 miles when loft flying. If we are not racing then there is no need to put them in the basket for a 5 mile toss. Basket training just sharpens their mind and senses, not much else.

However, let's say that the 2000 SHU members decide to train their pigeons out to 5 miles, I'm sure some of them will be out of their NHS locality. Within a 5 mile radius of where I live there are 3 different localities, there is also only 2 shops, only 1 of which sells any amount of groceries and due to location at inflated prices. If I were to shop there all the time for everything I would be bankrupt. I have to travel 20 miles to and from my supermarket.

Rather than mass travelling which increases the risk of spread, it would be better to group train as recommended by the RPRA and the West of Scotland Union.

Statements and guidelines require sensible interpretation and until someone is able to point out the error in my logic, I shall take care of my mental well-being and enjoy training my pigeons by travelling locally within the 5 miles and allowing my Federation to take my pigeons further to a place where their training will benefit them. Far rather this than killing them and putting them into a black bin bag as some have made in statements.

very sad times for the shu andy the biggest fed joining another union and just watch the rest that will follow

West of Scotland Union 🤔🤔