Lanarkshire Fed

dunc50

I think that's a better way of racing in this day and age , like the start if it's too cold say for the first 3 races you either throw the yearlings/latebreds away or you keep them and jump them into the forth or maybe the fifth race which is either 170 - 200 mile approx , I think most Feds jump them down the road far too quick .for what just to get them to the national races .

This is nothing to do with Lanarkshire, im just making a point for all feds.I think nowadays all feds should have a 90-100 mile race every week if possible as well as the normal race program. This would cater for latebreds, training obs for nationals, and injured birds getting started back on the road.It could be run during the week on the best day, Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nothing to do with Lanarkshire, im just making a point for all feds.I think nowadays all feds should have a 90-100 mile race every week if possible as well as the normal race program. This would cater for latebreds, training obs for nationals, and injured birds getting started back on the road.It could be run during the week on the best day, Tuesday or Wednesday.

I agree with that

Great del ,but as you know it's hard to get someone or a group to run the fed for one race a week never mind two ,but def a great way if it could work .

Great point, if only. :)

We done it here in the city Del on a weekly basis with the City of Derry Fed flying Mullingar 101mls to most local lofts, it helped a lot before entering Ybs/latebreds into the mighty NIPA race programme.