Garden Birds

showman

expletive remove if you want trouble at your loft put feeding out and you would be as well as ringing the dinner bell :emoticon-0179-headbang:

I stopped feeding them a while back for that very reason. Scatter under the hedgerows is about the best you could do because it is dense enough for them to hide in.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue tits great tits street ears black birds crows magpies wrens wood pigeons starlings the odd visit from the wood pecker and the sparrow hawk I've even had the sea gulls steeling my fish from the pond in the past I always have a good selection of food out for them canny beat sitting watching them all taking their turn at the dinner table as well as the feeders and table I scatter some grain and meal worm on the ground for the wrens and robins

Could you point it in Walters direction, he needs help with a neighbours tree :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I've been feeding them for a few years now and I canny say I've had any bother.

Jim, do you not think it just encourages the sparra hawk, the woman next door was feeding the wee birds with seeds and it was having a field day with them right outside my window, I helped by scaring them away on a few occasions but eventually had to tell her what was going on , she has now stopped feeding them

A put the feeders out if am doing anything around the birds, they come and get a feed, once am finished, take the feeders and put them into the hut. Sick of seeing the sparra hawk cock nailing the wee birds, woman next door spoke to me the other day about this, I told her why, she does the same also, not feeding the sparra hawk to nail the wee birds. Ave robins, stuckys, the odd bleeky, and the crows, gulls, and the pest owe magpies. :drinking-coffee-200:

Well if the hawks taking them I don't see it happening but I've seen the tell tale signs that they've been about like a dead goldfinch below the window obviously hitting it and as for the doos I don't get anymore bother than anybody else I've not had one hit by a sparrowhawk for a good few years now.

Guest johnhunter

A put the feeders out if am doing anything around the birds, they come and get a feed, once am finished, take the feeders and put them into the hut. Sick of seeing the sparra hawk cock nailing the wee birds, woman next door spoke to me the other day about this, I told her why, she does the same also, not feeding the sparra hawk to nail the wee birds. Ave robins, stuckys, the odd bleeky, and the crows, gulls, and the pest owe magpies. :drinking-coffee-200:

sparra hawk COCK aye right lol

• 4 weeks later...

Aye the R.S.P.B. are doing a fecken grand job right enough wi their B O P

Need anyone say anymore surely the penny will fall on Joe Soap's heid sooner or later

But somehow I doubt it will be sooner ..

The R.S.P.B.should be disbanded for over stepping its mandate ....

and the Royal Warrant be removed from them for the damage they have done to our natural birds and wildlife which will take a ,

generation at least to recover and in some cases will never recover bassa vandals on a corporate scale .

No excuse except money grabbing bassas .

rant over .......

all the best

sandy

No shortage of birds with me here in West Wales, all from my window today,

Heron

Goldcrest

Great Tit

Blue Tit

Coal Tit

House Sparrow

Starling

Magpie

Jackdaw

Nuthatch

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker

Pied Wagtail

Dunnock

Chaffinch

Robin

So not all doom and gloom here

No shortage of birds with me here in West Wales, all from my window today,

Heron

Goldcrest

Great Tit

Blue Tit

Coal Tit

House Sparrow

Starling

Magpie

Jackdaw

Nuthatch

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker

Pied Wagtail

Dunnock

Chaffinch

Robin

So not all doom and gloom here

Same here in sunny Greengairs , had birds out today relaxing in garden and the wild birds were also bathing (not same bath) there were 30/40 of all kinds including my favorite the woodpecker .

Have not seen Sparra hawk for weeks but keep eye oot anyway .