Gold Cup

dunc50

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got my 2 nd blue cock and instantly tred his hen lol , not really got the breeding for a race like that but he made an effort , then again not many bred to cope with the poor race it turned out .

At least some are still coming hope more turn up for everyone .

Well done to all who timed and their brave pigeons in this another disaster of a Gold Cup. Me personally 0/7. Missing is a 4th & 31st Open from last years race controllers cock up from Reims which was libbed in poor conditions, fact. My stats from Jan 2016 AGM still stand. A poor start means bad returns. Bedhampton this year, which was stated at the AGM wasn't quite suitable after the 2015 race, we should go to Littlehampton. Again at the next AGM this racepoint isn't suitable either we should go back to Bedhampton! Beggars belief. I will await this years report in anticipation. We've had all these disasters over the last few years and still we carry on with the same scenario. ie: crap transportation, for more than one night in the basket, amateur forecasting and many other, even down to basketting birds, because its a rule only to have 1 handler to a table, (although some marking stations don't listen to that rule). Firstly we need investment, on a gradual scale (Rome wasn't built in a day). Many members have been donating pigeons for a state of the art transporter for the last 20 years! We need to start here. I'm sure their is far more intelligent, experienced and capable people than me and have the freetime in the hierarchy of the SNFC to take this club by the scruff of the neck and make it great again. Maybe one day when I retire from my 90 miles a day, 55 hours per week commute for work I will be able to lend a hand so we can basket a little later than 6pm at night!!

If marking stations arent sticking to the basketing rules then the committee needs to be looking into it, the rule is there to eliminate mistakesand should be adhered to

just got my good hen tonight at 10 o clock good to see her 5 national tickets 3 inland i alencone 1 reims will examine her tomorow :drinking-coffee-200: :drinking-coffee-200: :drinking-coffee-200:

Just talking about her last night too, well done.

Hope more work back for folk. :drinking-coffee-200:

Last years Gold cup winner is now home from this years race

Great news Bobby

just got my good hen tonight at 10 o clock good to see her 5 national tickets 3 inland i alencone 1 reims will examine her tomorow :drinking-coffee-200: :drinking-coffee-200: :drinking-coffee-200:

Stock loft Austin m8, well done