Getting Birds Tested

BANDIT

thanks for the reply............what do you do if the birds become sick

[/quote

with out going into feeding changes etc if the bird cannot fight any infections own their own then worse case they will die.natural restisance and general resistance if it's not evident then there weak

with out going into feeding changes etc if the bird cannot fight any infections own their own then worse case they will die.natural restisance and general resistance if it's not evident then there week

i suppose if everyone thought this way we would have a lot healther birds all round...years ago birds were very rarely treated .if they didnt get better on their own they died.

with out going into feeding changes etc if the bird cannot fight any infections own their own then worse case they will die.natural restisance and general resistance if it's not evident then there week

i suppose if everyone thought this way we would have a lot healther birds all round...years ago birds were very rarely treated .if they didnt get better on their own they died.

I know a lot will be horrified by this but that's the route we go down and we won't deviate just the way we keep doos good luck in your own methods

I know a lot will be horrified by this but that's the route we go down and we won't deviate just the way we keep doos good luck in your own methods

thanks

thanks for the reply............what do you do if the birds become sick

[/quote

with out going into feeding changes etc if the bird cannot fight any infections own their own then worse case they will die.natural restisance and general resistance if it's not evident then there weak

agreed

I have in the past used Gary Spavin, Auchincruive, Retford Poultry and De Weerdt.

Spavin found no problems and didn't try to sell anything.

Auchincruive didn't find much, but also indicated that no treatment was required.

Retford have found and recommended treatment, but have also indicated no treatment required on other occasions.

De Weerdt I used because I wanted Parastop, so had to have a test. They indicated treatment was required.

I vaccinate against PMV and Paratyphus. When new pigeons are introduced to the loft, I treat with Parastop prior to vaccination, thus the need to test via De Weerdt.

Like Vinnie, they normally don't get anything except one spot. Except when new pigeons are introduced, they are usually in fairly good health.

I am not experienced enough to know otherwise, but if they were really unwell, I would notice without doubt. :)

Always find the subject of medicine / treatment for pigeons amazing. We as pigeon fanciers control when the pigeons eat when they drink ,breed,air control, heat, and freedom to fly. But when it comes to healthcare the pigeons have got to do this them self , .*expletive removed* off .It is up to the fancier to look after the welfare of his / her pigeons :)

Always find the subject of medicine / treatment for pigeons amazing. We as pigeon fanciers control when the pigeons eat when they drink ,breed,air control, heat, and freedom to fly. But when it comes to healthcare the pigeons have got to do this them self , .*expletive removed* off .It is up to the fancier to look after the welfare of his / her pigeons :)

Booooommm there it is. I don't understand anybody fancier that likes to do well when racing that wouldn't treat the birds if they felt there was something a miss.