Snfc Race Points

do the members not have a say in the race program before the AGM ?

Aye Tam, was passed last year that the programmes had to be in writing before the AGM to stop all the shouting out of racepoints at the meeting, there have only been 2 submitted, 1 from a member and one from the management committee.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Tam, was passed last year that the programmes had to be in writing before the AGM to stop all the shouting out of racepoints at the meeting, there have only been 2 submitted, 1 from a member and one from the management committee.

Are they voted against status quo or is it one against the other

Newbury bovington Cheltenham 100% returns

Lost one at Marlborough

But they all had six races prior to the national and were match fit

It's up to each member as we well know how many they wish to enter ,when you see 30's and 40's going in the cold light of day most are only going to take part and not to win

Omho

Good luck with 2014

Yes some get good returns, but the overall returns from these races were poor, and I am thinking of the whole convoy not my personal returns.

Yes some get good returns, but the overall returns from these races were poor, and I am thinking of the whole convoy not my personal returns.

Don't think it matters now where the race points are the losses can be disaster ,but I will send my birds to east ,west or anywhere and with the correct training they will be ok . The certificates are an embarrassment to the nat !

I personally havnt ever lost a pigeon at newbury or bovington most times i sent 5 but somtimes 12 but always had them all home last year i had 2 late which turned in latter hawked and had a few next day hawked over the year but all turned in .

can loose them anywhere nowadays and i think the worst race point for me is normally otterburn , always loose 2 or 3 good old birds there every year .

Just checked got them all from cheltlast year too but were all late lol

Had a wee look at the SNRPC Portsmouth result there just now

The top prizes seem to have been well shared with birds from Dunbar,Kirkpatrick Fleming,Coalburn,Brydekirk,Wellbank,Stirling,Fife,Cockburnspath and Glasgow all featuring in the first 11 open.

Although I would rather race from Maidstone than Portsmouth ,i tell the truth Lewis and Portsmouth was a good race , the two yearlings I got I also timed them from Newbury a couple of weeks before that , winning 1st and 3rd fed , the winner being a son of Karens girl . Think Newbury was 900 odd yards /min

Guest TAMMY_1

You know they do?

then why did a lot more of them not put in a proposal?no use moaning on here about it because it cannot be done on here,the AGM is the place to put your proposed race points in,everybody had the chance to do so but looks like there has only been one person apart from the committee to do so. :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

then why did a lot more of them not put in a proposal?no use moaning on here about it because it cannot be done on here,the AGM is the place to put your proposed race points in,everybody had the chance to do so but looks like there has only been one person apart from the committee to do so. :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

No use asking me!!! ask the guys that have the same pointless arguements every year and choose not to do anything about it

I was merely pointing out it's the same shiete every year

Guest TAMMY_1

No use asking me!!! ask the guys that have the same pointless arguements every year and choose not to do anything about it

I was merely pointing out it's the same shiete every year

it was for them in general,there is no use them complaining on here,they had the opportunity to put a race program in to their liking but only one bothered to do so

Although I would rather race from Maidstone than Portsmouth ,i tell the truth Lewis and Portsmouth was a good race , the two yearlings I got I also timed them from Newbury a couple of weeks before that , winning 1st and 3rd fed , the winner being a son of Karens girl . Think Newbury was 900 odd yards /min

Aye a lot of information can come out from discussion amongst members. This leads onto a proposal that I haven't yet seen discussed on here yet-postal voting.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, but there are certain things proposed this year that I am not 100% sure about. I'd need to hear people talk about them at the meeting before making up my own mind on what to vote for.

If the postal voting is passed(again maybe not a bad thing)then in seasons to come some members may be voting on things they don't fully understand.

I'm not too sure if the postal vote will go through, as from what I can see the decision will be in the hands of the members who have attended the meeting. Perhaps to get a true reflection on the members thoughts about this motion it would need to be decided by a postal vote :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Don't think it's the race points that's the problem. Just think your calendar is squashed with too many races or not enough time in between. If races were spread a little more it would help the birds recover and maybe double them back and also the fanciers who has to fork out a small fortune in a short space of time.

Don't think it's the race points that's the problem. Just think your calendar is squashed with too many races or not enough time in between. If races were spread a little more it would help the birds recover and maybe double them back and also the fanciers who has to fork out a small fortune in a short space of time.

I think the management committee's recommended programme is very good on the whole. The only thing I don't really understand and would need clarification on is the suggestion that Alencon and Clermont be flown on a Saturday instead of a Friday. The reasons may very well be fantastic, but I just can't think of them. Maybe I'm missing something :emoticon-0138-thinking::emoticon-0136-giggle:

I'm sure all will be revealed at the meeting.

I think the management committee's recommended programme is very good on the whole. The only thing I don't really understand and would need clarification on is the suggestion that Alencon and Clermont be flown on a Saturday instead of a Friday. The reasons may very well be fantastic, but I just can't think of them. Maybe I'm missing something :emoticon-0138-thinking::emoticon-0136-giggle:

I'm sure all will be revealed at the meeting.

With being on a Saturday, means marking on a Wed, which would have helped last year, having to leave our lofts to mark pigeons for the Gold Cup, and our Maidstone doos had to time themselves in, the Sat race date should aleviate this problem if it were to arise again

The only prob I see with the postal voting is when the AGM comes along the numbers will fall attending it as some will vote in post and not bother going , then the whole AGM might end up being postal . Yes some can't make it etc , but on the whole don't see it as being good for the snfc jmho.

With being on a Saturday, means marking on a Wed, which would have helped last year, having to leave our lofts to mark pigeons for the Gold Cup, and our Maidstone doos had to time themselves in, the Sat race date should aleviate this problem if it were to arise again

If the Maidstone birds are held to a Tuesday, then yes that should alleviate a problem.I don't think a Tuesday Maidstone liberation is an ordinary occurrence though.

What if they are held to the Wednesday this year? do we make the Gold Cup a Thursday basketting in 2015?

Missing a potential Friday race could in other ways create problems.

Still,taking everything into consideration I think the committee have done a good job in compiling their recommended race programme :emoticon-0157-sun: .If it's passed I'll just cross my fingers the 27th of June and the 18th of July are wash outs and the Saturdays are wall to wall sunshine :emoticon-0136-giggle:

If the Maidstone birds are held to a Tuesday, then yes that should alleviate a problem.I don't think a Tuesday Maidstone liberation is an ordinary occurrence though.

What if they are held to the Wednesday this year? do we make the Gold Cup a Thursday basketting in 2015?

Missing a potential Friday race could in other ways create problems.

Still,taking everything into consideration I think the committee have done a good job in compiling their recommended race programme :emoticon-0157-sun: .If it's passed I'll just cross my fingers the 27th of June and the 18th of July are wash outs and the Saturdays are wall to wall sunshine :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Totally agree, very unusual occurrence for Maidstone to be heldover until Tuesday. Would be disappointing to miss the opportunity of a Friday lib for the Gold Cup.

also more chance of guys missing work to get clocks checked if they dont go on the saturday if its not broke dont fix it imo cant see why they want to change this because one year had a problem

kinda shows what level we have come to when we want to change 100 years of gold cup history in case we get a 4 day hold over at maidstone

Guest Gareth Rankin

also more chance of guys missing work to get clocks checked if they dont go on the saturday if its not broke dont fix it imo cant see why they want to change this because one year had a problem

Its now happened twice in the last 4 years, ideal solution is to have 2 weeks between each race, where possible all channel races should be on the Friday. jmo.

Its now happened twice in the last 4 years, ideal solution is to have 2 weeks between each race, where possible all channel races should be on the Friday. jmo.

Imo the Gold Cup is the most important race on the calendar and all other races should be worked round that day / date.