Snfc Race Points

I notice that the management committee race programme proposal - Gold Cup Race - Alencon 28th June, 2014 - that date is a Saturday - so do they want to move it from the traditional Friday lib [ weather permitting ]?

>>>>>>>>>>>> moved posts as its a different topic original topic http://forum.pigeonbasics.com/topic/71369-snfc-balance-sheet/page__pid__888079__st__20entry888079

jam

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that I've raced from Portsmouth with the snrpc a few years back and it was a great race , I got two yearlings together. Although one sat out fir 3minutes , and I was against going to it as I would rather race from easterly race points , but had to point out that it' was a good race .

I must say that I've raced from Portsmouth with the snrpc a few years back and it was a great race , I got two yearlings together. Although one sat out fir 3minutes , and I was against going to it as I would rather race from easterly race points , but had to point out that it' was a good race .

Top man Stuart for telling the truth

Dead centre of the country mate

Nothing wrong with Newbury it was the east wind beating the east birds on that side of the country

Although it never beat Karen's :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Nothing wrong with Newbury it was the east wind beating the east birds on that side of the country

portsmouth to east calder on a straight line takes it just west of carlisle city centre.

Draw a line direct north from Portsmouth, where in Scotland do you hit, you guessed it EYEMOUTH. The dogleg in Scotland creates a farce for fairness when flying the distance races. Direct south of EDINBURGH( east of Scotland ) is LIVERPOOL ( west of England ) A complete joke imo.

Newbury returns have been very poor for years that's why we moved and every option so far has also been very poor returns, Bovingdon, Marlborough, Cheltham, so to say their is nothing wrong with Newbury leaves me scratching my head, since it has been to blame for poor birdage at the Gold cup for the last 5 years at least, and on PB lots of fanciers would rather do away with it because of this.

As Hotrod said Go East,it gives better returns, FACT and it's fairer to the whole of Scotland, even though they had a good race from the centre.

Draw a line direct north from Portsmouth, where in Scotland do you hit, you guessed it EYEMOUTH. The dogleg in Scotland creates a farce for fairness when flying the distance races. Direct south of EDINBURGH( east of Scotland ) is LIVERPOOL ( west of England ) A complete joke imo.

Your right their Del,

post-1446-13884303329174_thumb.png

Your right their Del,

expletive remove look at the map its straight up and down, the country lies NW-SE if your that bothered race from somewhere like Ramsgate/Folkestone and you'll get more overfly in the west. Just look at Ypres its been won twice in Solway and when I won it 2 years ago L/N/E wind from halfway up England the winners came out the S/SW. That direction Del was right up your street! Chap in Hamilton I think was 15th Open. Rest my case! Get of your arses if your not happy and change it. Me I would race from anywhere! Said ma piece!

expletive remove look at the map its straight up and down, the country lies NW-SE if your that bothered race from somewhere like Ramsgate/Folkestone and you'll get more overfly in the west. Just look at Ypres its been won twice in Solway and when I won it 2 years ago L/N/E wind from halfway up England the winners came out the S/SW. That direction Del was right up your street! Chap in Hamilton I think was 15th Open. Rest my case! Get of your arses if your not happy and change it. Me I would race from anywhere! Said ma piece!

Good post, but the fact for me is that my birds always home from East or North East no matter where we train or race from, no matter where we race from the birds seem to come up the East Coast, then dog leg into the West, so if we race from the Centre or West, they are still in Edinburgh long before the West and if we fly East they are still in Edinburgh long before the West, the difference being that from the West or Centre Edinburgh gives the West next to nothing and from the East they give the West some overfly even if it's still no where near a true measurement it helps make it a bit fairer, It's not anyones fault where they fly from, but we need to make it as fair as possible.

Taking up Mossgiel's point.

The only real issue I have with race programme part of the recommendations by the management committee is the idea that the Gold Cup race and Clermont should be flown on a Saturday.

I look forward to hearing the theory behind it and hopefully it will clear up my current confusion surrounding the concept.

Aside from this I think it's probably the best 7 event race programme I have seen proposed for the club :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Good post, but the fact for me is that my birds always home from East or North East no matter where we train or race from, no matter where we race from the birds seem to come up the East Coast, then dog leg into the West, so if we race from the Centre or West, they are still in Edinburgh long before the West and if we fly East they are still in Edinburgh long before the West, the difference being that from the West or Centre Edinburgh gives the West next to nothing and from the East they give the West some overfly even if it's still no where near a true measurement it helps make it a bit fairer, It's not anyones fault where they fly from, but we need to make it as fair as possible.

Are you trying to tell us that if the leading batch from a national had 75% west birds and 25% east birds they would all fly up the east side and then cross over. Can someone tell me if the proposals will be voted against status quo. There must be a page of the minutes missing as there is nothing about the race programme in my copy

Are you trying to tell us that if the leading batch from a national had 75% west birds and 25% east birds they would all fly up the east side and then cross over. Can someone tell me if the proposals will be voted against status quo. There must be a page of the minutes missing as there is nothing about the race programme in my copy

I do believe that with the prevailing West Wind the East is the easiest route up the country, put it this way flying from Eastbourne to Peterhead is easier than flying from Cornwall to Glasgow, IMO.

Yes you are right, is the Status Quo still an option or as it's not on the letter does that mean its off the table?

Newbury returns have been very poor for years that's why we moved and every option so far has also been very poor returns, Bovingdon, Marlborough, Cheltham, so to say their is nothing wrong with Newbury leaves me scratching my head, since it has been to blame for poor birdage at the Gold cup for the last 5 years at least, and on PB lots of fanciers would rather do away with it because of this.

As Hotrod said Go East,it gives better returns, FACT and it's fairer to the whole of Scotland, even though they had a good race from the centre.

Newbury bovington Cheltenham 100% returns

Lost one at Marlborough

But they all had six races prior to the national and were match fit

It's up to each member as we well know how many they wish to enter ,when you see 30's and 40's going in the cold light of day most are only going to take part and not to win

Omho

Good luck with 2014

Newbury bovington Cheltenham 100% returns

Lost one at Marlborough

But they all had six races prior to the national and were match fit

It's up to each member as we well know how many they wish to enter ,when you see 30's and 40's going in the cold light of day most are only going to take part and not to win

Omho

Good luck with 2014

mick am the same descent returns from the inlnds as their set up for them as am only a fed racer the inlands are my aim and as for the inlands losing the doos for the gold cup etc what a load of old pony if this was the case you wouldnt sent them to the inlands you would use your last fed race for their final prep thats unless you dont learn from your mistakes if your losing your gold cup doos at the first inland surly you wouldnt make the same mistake the following year unless your slow on the up take like some thats been moaning for years now to drop the inlands simple dont send them omo

Spot on, the good yins don't follow the pack.