Scottish National Performances..

Guest JonesyBhoy

my hen 5;0CLOCK ROCK 1st open avranches 1st section 622miles winning national by more than 2hrs and sec by 6hrs 5;703 birds competing vel 1107 being awarded the osman memorial - dewars scotch whiskey - bhw -thropies for her outstanding performance i think this bird deserves a mention all the best for 2010

was an outstanding performance,

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my hen 5;0CLOCK ROCK 1st open avranches 1st section 622miles winning national by more than 2hrs and sec by 6hrs 5;703 birds competing vel 1107 being awarded the osman memorial - dewars scotch whiskey - bhw -thropies for her outstanding performance i think this bird deserves a mention all the best for 2010

Will u tell the the story behind the performance ive read it somewhere but ive forgot it did the doo fly through the night or something?

f .tarnawski from high valley field

a.agnew & son from kelso

t.mc ewan from elphinestone

auld reeki  

s.gibson from falkirk

t.hall from chirnside

g v graham

list of fanciers that done well in snfc not very good with snfc as dont fly in it but seen dvd the best of snfc 2005 and these guys was mentions showing there birds and lofts as well as tips from the fanciers that won in the snfc back in 2005.

all the best.

s gibson  ;D ;D ;D your having a laugh

s gibson  ;D ;D ;D your having a laugh

just saying what it said on dvd as i said before im from england so dont fly in snfc this was what was mentioned on snfc winner 2005 dvd.

Guest JonesyBhoy

Your right mate.. thats a perfomance to dream of.. top doo.. absolute credit to you..!!!!!

Ive looked at that result may times.. 1976 in to Inverallochy..

Superb.. Long distance pigeon racing in to Scotland..!!

Right theres a lot of older fanciers on here who have a great knowledge and memory of the Scottish National racing scene going back many years... (something which fascinantes me)..

What in your opinions are the best ever performances..?? Dosen't  necessarily have to be a National winner.. just looking for really top performances..

any one remember the" big hen" i think it was jock reid of stenhousemuir [maybe mistaken],, but scored 5 times from rennes ,,b4 the gold award came into place,, great pigeon

any one remember the" big hen" i think it was jock reid of stenhousemuir [maybe mistaken],, but scored 5 times from rennes ,,b4 the gold award came into place,, great pigeon

Jock Allans no surrender gold award winner was it five times in the first one hundred open from rennes i think?

stuart peaston (south queensferry)1st and 2nd open avaranches with suspension jack and suspension vice versa hence the name,the two birds came together so any one of them could have won the national.Can't remember the year tho' maybe someone could post this up it would be in the 70's

stuart peaston (south queensferry)1st and 2nd open avaranches with suspension jack and suspension vice versa hence the name,the two birds came together so any one of them could have won the national.Can't remember the year tho' maybe someone could post this up it would be in the 70's
did they no win it twice

Guest JonesyBhoy

i think davie angus from symington had "townfoot topper" who amazingly after scoring from 4 nationals was 1st section 4th open rennes at 10 YEARS OLD some doo. ;) ;) :) :) :)

I heard the other day that Jock Allan grew up in the flat above Davie Angus..???

Guest JonesyBhoy

fantastic,probably the two greatest west section fanciers. :) :)

AWESOME mate.. fantastic doo men..

What about 'Townfoot Rose' 2nd, 42nd, 77th, 80th Open Nantes.. including a 1st westsection..???

AWESOME mate.. fantastic doo men..

What about 'Townfoot Rose' 2nd, 42nd, 77th, 80th Open Nantes.. including a 1st westsection..???

thats what the national is all about JB,talking about these great birds that were winning 50 years ago. :) :) :) and hopeing to turn a few up ourselves. ;) ;) ;) ;)