Scottish National Performances..

Guest JonesyBhoy

Guest JonesyBhoy

thats what the national is all about JB,talking about these great birds that were winning 50 years ago. :) :) :) and hopeing to turn a few up ourselves. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Your right mate.. brilliant stuff..

Id have loved to have been a fly on the wall in these guys lofts. actually seeing how they conditioned these doos to perform so well..

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest frank dooman
ANYBODY MENTIONED THE BEST DOO IN THE LAST 15YRS INTO THE WEST SECTION TO HOTROD????????

i was thinking that aswell that win should have renewed all west fanciers beliefs that it can be done a great bird and dedicated fancier

ralph whyte annbank won nantes doing 1648 vel from nantes with "jubilee victor" at dinnertime that day ma dads pal and local gamekeeper who gave us some top doos when we started alex lockhart of milton of campsie appeared at our back door in a state of panic telling me and ma dad that he had just timed his good mealy cock from nantes,and cause of his excitement asked my dad to drive him to airdrie with his clock which he did (my dad had no licence)when they got to airdrie everybody was there with their clocks, :) ;D alex missed the result :( when alex died i was gifted the lovely mealy cock SU73SN 14101,me and dad timed the mealy from avranches 2 years later,hope this nostalgia did not bore you but i was 8 years old at the time and the national bug had well and truly bitten. :) :) :) :) ;) ;)

Guest JonesyBhoy

ralph whyte annbank won nantes doing 1648 vel from nantes with "jubilee victor" at dinnertime that day ma dads pal and local gamekeeper who gave us some top doos when we started alex lockhart of milton of campsie appeared at our back door in a state of panic telling me and ma dad that he had just timed his good mealy cock from nantes,and cause of his excitement asked my dad to drive him to airdrie with his clock which he did (my dad had no licence)when they got to airdrie everybody was there with their clocks, :) ;D alex missed the result :( when alex died i was gifted the lovely mealy cock SU73SN 14101,me and dad timed the mealy from avranches 2 years later,hope this nostalgia did not bore you but i was 8 years old at the time and the national bug had well and truly bitten. :) :) :) :) ;) ;)

Lol.. was that 1947 John... i mean 77' hahahaha...

Lol.. was that 1947 John... i mean 77' hahahaha...

yes 77 jb a very fast race,we won the region 11 years later in a fast nantes race clocking 3 birds in an hour 614 mls,and timing our 4th entry a 10 year old hen at 6am next morning,great days indeed jonesybhoy. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest JonesyBhoy

yes 77 jb a very fast race,we won the region 11 years later in a fast nantes race clocking 3 birds in an hour 614 mls,and timing our 4th entry a 10 year old hen at 6am next morning,great days indeed jonesybhoy. ;D ;D ;D ;D

88'.. great year.. the tic' won the double..!!!

A 10 year old..!! Geez.. dont get many of them these days..

Did you prefer Nantes or Niort mate..??

Fantastic and without doubt creditable performances by all that has been mentioned so far on this thread.but I Would have to say with drastically reduced Numbers That Hotrods Karens Girls has undoubtedly  been the Scottish bird of the decade.What a win You can argue about birdage all day long but such a small convoy from 500 mile plus is the bench mark.Well Done Stuart :)

Guest JonesyBhoy

but we had a poor jags team :( :'(  liked nantes and more recently tours.niort maybe just a wee bit far. ;) ;)

Maybe starting to get to the distance where another type of pigeon is needed..???

Fantastic and without doubt creditable performances by all that has been mentioned so far on this thread.but I Would have to say with drastically reduced Numbers That Hotrods Karens Girls has undoubtedly  been the Scottish bird of the decade.What a win You can argue about birdage all day long but such a small convoy from 500 mile plus is the bench mark.Well Done Stuart :)

Also i have seen that Robert Wilson has been credited with honours.But what has not been mentioned is the fact that he has won another National this year with Davy Jack Another top fancier.With Scotland's Premier Distance club.

I think you all  have been very disrespectful to your other west section SNRPC National winners, namely Danny Mitchell, Wanstead Flats and Wilson & Jack, Messac. Three west section National winners in two years, every one deserving equal plaudits. Karens Girl put up a great performance undoubtedly but so did these other two birds. I also think to name a bird of the decade with one performance is a bit ridiculous. Recently,what about Jocky Kings blue hen , the Dewar trophy winner and his ch hen Mary, a multiple channel prize winner.There are countless other brilliant pigeons, again ,  you have disrespected these wonderful birds with your statement.

I think you all  have been very disrespectful to your other west section SNRPC National winners, namely Danny Mitchell, Wanstead Flats and Wilson & Jack, Messac. Three west section National winners in two years, every one deserving equal plaudits. Karens Girl put up a great performance undoubtedly but so did these other two birds. I also think to name a bird of the decade with one performance is a bit ridiculous. Recently,what about Jocky Kings blue hen , the Dewar trophy winner and his ch hen Mary, a multiple channel prize winner.There are countless other brilliant pigeons, again ,  you have disrespected these wonderful birds with your statement.

You think what you like Del,i happen to be very friendly with Wilson&Jack and their bird peanuts put up a wonderful performance.But in my opinion when you take into account Hotrods location for me its one of the finest performances by a pigeon in recent history.No offence intended to any of these great pigeons and fanciers alike.Its just my opinion which i believe that i am entitled to have.

You think what you like Del,i happen to be very friendly with Wilson&Jack and their bird peanuts put up a wonderful performance.But in my opinion when you take into account Hotrods location for me its one of the finest performances by a pigeon in recent history.No offence intended to any of these great pigeons and fanciers alike.Its just my opinion and i believe that i am entitled to have.

Nobody questioned how fantastic a result this was but there are plenty of birds have put up unbelievable performances in recent years and I wouldnt say that one was better than the other. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose