Scottish National Performances..

Guest JonesyBhoy

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JonesyBhoy

Daphnes Delight won the main event in 1966 and the whole of Croy were out in the streets celebrating ;) Thats back when pigeon racing didnt have as many jealous people

That the way it should be..

I remember 1995 big Frank Curley phoning up my dad from Dalbeattie.. to say N. McCulloch & Son had just won the National from Rennes.. think they were having a party as well..

Id been in his loft at the start of the season.. was only 12 and i think i was just as excited as they all were in Dalbeattie..!!

nash 1st open rennes doing 1086 ypm timed 9.07pm 5730 pigeons. 4th open 2nd west section doing 1303 ypm. timed at 20.54 6750 pigeons
yes johno

the mealy cock near thing.   Can  you remember the chq pd cock baron barbeggs  of  REDDIES it scored a good few times over the pond.

Right theres a lot of older fanciers on here who have a great knowledge and memory of the Scottish National racing scene going back many years... (something which fascinantes me)..

What in your opinions are the best ever performances..?? Dosen't  necessarily have to be a National winner.. just looking for really top performances..

I think all west section winners in the nat deserve a special mention as its seems almost impossible for the race to be won outright in this area these days.The reason for this is that the pigeons dont come the same way as they did years ago .THE PEREGRINE HAS PUT A STOP TO THAT.

I think all west section winners in the nat deserve a special mention as its seems almost impossible for the race to be won outright in this area these days.The reason for this is that the pigeons dont come the same way as they did years ago .THE PEREGRINE HAS PUT A STOP TO THAT.

The amount of doos that went from west is far less now.In the 70s, 80s there were 1000s went fae west, this helped top perfomances happen more often.

Guest JonesyBhoy

Well let's just say I wouldn't like to pick up the bill for candles.

Note-----I have a number of good friends there.

Lol..i think i would slot in perfectly down there..

Guest JonesyBhoy

The amount of doos that went from west is far less now.In the 70s, 80s there were 1000s went fae west, this helped top perfomances happen more often.

Anyone any idea the highest birdage ever from the west for the Gold Cup..??