Unikon Ets Rings

john cumming

Sums that make sense eh tommy boy ... But then it just shows the almighty rip off in 203. Cost to produce just a few pence ... less than 5p each. And forever will be a rip off in real terms, which ever way you weigh it up. Maybe now so many are breeding to lose their birds the 'Rip off' excels every year.

tell you what, many would love to have shares in the making and selling off! eh! J.M.O.

do you know for a fact roland that it costs less than 5p each to make or is this just fake news

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ryan as you know I am all for our members saving a pound or 2 if possible.

Ryan

I tried to buy from Unikon on there stand at the Spring Fair in Holland A few years ago and they refused and said they only supply unions ad to contact the SHU John Harvey in our own club bought 20 from the SHU last year when he joined but the club gave him a Tarus clock so I bought the rings still in the pack unopened . I could not get any of then to work and returned them to SHU . They were not convinced he bought them from them even after giving them the dates purchased and said they only handle them for Unikon and were not responsible for dud rings . to cut the story short and weeks after with no reply I pointed out to them they supplied them and they were the source to replace them I did finally get them but they were not pleased as they had many reports of bad rings bought on the internet all SHU rings have your loft number in it and I don't think anyone else can use them again

Ryan

I tried to buy from Unikon on there stand at the Spring Fair in Holland A few years ago and they refused and said they only supply unions ad to contact the SHU John Harvey in our own club bought 20 from the SHU last year when he joined but the club gave him a Tarus clock so I bought the rings still in the pack unopened . I could not get any of then to work and returned them to SHU . They were not convinced he bought them from them even after giving them the dates purchased and said they only handle them for Unikon and were not responsible for dud rings . to cut the story short and weeks after with no reply I pointed out to them they supplied them and they were the source to replace them I did finally get them but they were not pleased as they had many reports of bad rings bought on the internet all SHU rings have your loft number in it and I don't think anyone else can use them again

thats wrong mate you give your loft number when you purchase them but any unikon ring can be cleared of your details thats why people take them from pigeons

thats wrong mate you give your loft number when you purchase them but any unikon ring can be cleared of your details thats why people take them from pigeons

They don't put your details on the rings your loft number is just so they know who's buying them , I got 50 yesterday from shu £1.50 each ,hope they work lol.

You any pads Tam ,

How you keeping .

ets rule 13 only electronic rings purchased from SHU can be used with ets (why do you think they take you loft number when you purchase ets rings)

clubs buy them from shu in batches of say 1000

then issue to members ,

your loft number goes on the ring when its allocated through your own clock , I think

its an unworkable rule as when you buy a system you get 30 rings with it

what are you supposed to do , discard the rings and cost yourself £45 to buy replacements through the shu ?

All rings purchased should be regisrted to he fancier, loft number etc, that makes the Anti not allowed to yous them ;).

what happens if your say 6 rings short and I give you 6 of mine

every year there 1s a bird or 2 at marking whos ring has failed

anyone who has a spare in their pocket hands it over so the bird can get marked

clubs buy them from shu in batches of say 1000

then issue to members ,

your loft number goes on the ring when its allocated through your own clock , I think

its an unworkable rule as when you buy a system you get 30 rings with it

what are you supposed to do , discard the rings and cost yourself £45 to buy replacements through the shu ?

what the rules states you have tae buy rings from SHU so your club could inform shu with the list of members loft numbers who purchased them . dont think anyone will be buying a new system now as there are that many second-hand ones for sale

what the rules states you have tae buy rings from SHU so your club could inform shu with the list of members loft numbers who purchased them . dont think anyone will be buying a new system now as there are that many second-hand ones for sale

this was around 18 years ago the club got new systems

only saying a bit off when your issued 30 with each system which you cant use