Stolen Birds

VAGIN

Well the pigeon thieve has struck again in Buckie When I say thieve I mean the same person that has been stealing birds over the last couple of years (name DEAN WELLS ) One of my mates loft door was forced open and 4 birds removed a B/B piet a Blue cheq piet a Dark cheq piet all su 19 ne birds a Red cheq hen gb 16 bird. These are the same birds that were stolen about 4 weeks ago So if offerd any birds for sale from Dean Wells Please report this to the police The police are investigating this break in but as they have said its difficult as there doesnt seem to be any witneses I have been asking myself how come this same person does this crime and seems to get away with it most of the time Where do we go from here I like most of the Buckie fanciers are sick to the back teeth of this clown but have been warned by the police not to take any action against him or we could be in trouble WHAT CAN WE DO

Well the pigeon thieve has struck again in Buckie When I say thieve I mean the same person that has been stealing birds over the last couple of years (name DEAN WELLS ) One of my mates loft door was forced open and 4 birds removed a B/B piet a Blue cheq piet a Dark cheq piet all su 19 ne birds a Red cheq hen gb 16 bird. These are the same birds that were stolen about 4 weeks ago So if offerd any birds for sale from Dean Wells Please report this to the police The police are investigating this break in but as they have said its difficult as there doesnt seem to be any witneses I have been asking myself how come this same person does this crime and seems to get away with it most of the time Where do we go from here I like most of the Buckie fanciers are sick to the back teeth of this clown but have been warned by the police not to take any action against him or we could be in trouble WHAT CAN WE DO

As some have said, it is difficult for the police if there are no witnesses. It is a pity when there are no witnesses, but if it stops happening, all's well.

If you know he can be found and want the problem sorted pm me and no birds will be stolen again.

Aye gavin we had same problem when he stayed in Banff not unusual for him to break into 4 lofts per night. Always goes for bonnie birds grizzles pieds etc one time when he stole my birds and when couldnt deny it any longer he went on to tell me that I had paired them up wrong anyway

Posted a couple of ideas, but then cancelled them. Think it might well be a case of more time and efforts involved, and money. Yes I know the rights and wrongs etc. But the boy is to be pitied and as such it makes a case of us being more careful and effective. Sorry, of course this doesn't suit. I know that only too well, but … Sorry!

I take it he's never harmed any birds he's stolen? This goes back to 2011.He stole his grandads budgie's. Police came to the loons hoose .And asked him what he had done with them? He was pulling them out of his pockets and letting them go inside the hoose!

Definitely wrang in the heid !

Theres nobody more angrier than me I have been sitting up to the small hours since Sat I was told that I was the next target Ive had the police up 3 times to see me as I phoned them Nothing happening I dont think violence is the answer Treatment is whats needed but you have to ask for help if you dont ask you wont get. Drugs plays a big part in this guys life so maybe we could say this is all self inflickted . I now know he is on a curfew From 7 to 7 so he must breaking his curfew I dont know the answer to all this I know he is ready to move out of Buckie So to all the fanciers around the Moray area should double check there loft security. I would Like to thank 2 younger members in the Buckie club who came up and sat with me till 1.30 Thanks again lads

If cats, rats or birds of prey are a threat to our birds advice is given to stop them returning but another human gets chance after chance to to be a threat to all surrounding fliers birds? He wont be a threat to another bird if he ever comes in to my sight and I honestly don't care what consequences come my way, peoples birds are causing him no harm and if asked he would be given birds but he seems to want to cause people misery and theres only 1 way to stop people with his way of thinking and anyone at all knows where to find him and I will gladly stop him from taking another persons bird again.

the boy needs help is there nobody in the area willing tae give the boy a chance and take him on board helping with loft chores and the day tae day running in the loft could be a god send for someone must be worth a try as the jails not working

Totally agree with you Tommy on those point you have mentioned

the boy needs help is there nobody in the area willing tae give the boy a chance and take him on board helping with loft chores and the day tae day running in the loft could be a god send for someone must be worth a try as the jails not working

I was secretary of the Deveron Valley pc when he first started stealing from our members we all offered him youngsters to help him but of no avail he would rather steal them cut the rings off them leave them in rubbish bins and cupboards and just forget about them to be found dead weeks after . I don't think the jail has any effect on him as he has served many six month terms for stealing birds he cannot he getting any help inside to solve his problem

tone time he got out in he morning and went straight to my pal and said he was sorry for destroying his birds , my pals said ok but don't dare come back to his loft again and he agreed there was a a noise in the loft at 1am the following morning and he was at it again and the police were waiting for him and he got six months so its very hard on the fanciers that get targeted we all dread when he is released

True, so very true.

If a fox/rat, weasel, pine martin etc. got into a loft, the bottom story would be 'So sad and sorry to hear that. Hearts would go out the poor fancier... However, 80% or more of the time it would be the fanciers' fault!

I took time and effort to safeguard my loft from vermin. Glass etc.

I heard of a safe and inexpensive way to control mice that works. Ray Naklicki read and tried this experiment. Mix 1 equal part flour with one equal part sugar with one equal part baking soda. Place in a container around the loft. Mice will devour the mixture. Once the mice drink water, the baking soda foams up they bloat up and die. Ray says he hasn't seen any mice in weeks. He did see some earlier that were looking either pregnant or ready to explode.

It works. First, off I spread it over the floors in barn and wife's Garden plot after I saw signs of droppings and feet track... within no time no more signs of vermin.

Glass covering so no rat or mice could climb, or gnaw through.

In short, I took care to prepare and protect.

So now is the time, eh!

Let's face it, and I have no time when a person tells me a fox has been in the chicken run. So what! Tough, he should have made it fox proof: many ways and cheap to do so. One can't blame the fox, because he allowed it by not safeguarding the chickens in the first place.

But violence isn't the answer no matter how much the blood boils - Gosh must be getting old.