Intensity, Integrity And Intelligance Blog.

Wiley

Great start to the season racing to the new loft from 73 miles, winning 1st Newham club against 293 birds with my good hen Scratch, and 1st and 2nd Custom house club against 136 birds with my cocks, being the good son of the old slatey, and a previous fed winning yearling. Im very happy with the results especially since it is a new loft. All children from the said pigeons went to new lofts this year so hopefully the fanciers with them can also have success.

well done ryan great tae get off tae a winning start all the best for the rest off season :drinking-coffee-200:

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonesy,

I like to send my pigeons to any race calm as possible. This year the motivation has changed in one section due to the fact i can do things slightly different. The first section had the usual motivation, of being 2 hours with there partners....the other section had no motivation at all on friday just in to the basket like it was a toss, this section compiles of mainly yearling cocks byring two pigeons, their motivation was in place on wednesday and thursday this week, and is something i just want to try, they was tossed and returned back to the hens in the boxes but no contact. My mind thinking is they must associate basket, home, hen.....much like when i exercise birds when they see the doors open they know there reward of hemp is waiting for them.

Great start to the season mate... well done

So the usual motivation is to give the cocks two hours with the hen on

A Friday?

Great start to the season mate... well done

So the usual motivation is to give the cocks two hours with the hen on

A Friday?

Yes jonesy

Thank you all for your kind words, ive been told we ended up 3rd,5th and 6th Federation.

The youngsters are starting to put in around 25-30 minutes a day now since i introduced them to a 60% 40% diet.... They would normally be on the darkness plus ic with a 1/4 of that being depurative, however buying too much of a mix in the winter, they are having to finish that. They are on the naturaline and sedochol and feathers are dropping like no tomorrow. They know what the call is about and they have no hesitation listening to their master.

Sunday saw the racers with a high protein diet to repair the muscles and i allowed them to relax in the bath and with the high temperatures they really enjoyed themselves.

Tuesday being weigh day saw the cocks team weighing in on average 16.8 ounces..the week before the first race they averaged in 17.5, and the week of the first race they was at 16.8 ounces. I am keeping track of the individual weights each week and if a bird is lucky enough to score, i write down its position earned by its weight for the week. Hopefully i can find a link to performance and weight.

A post interested me regarding the nest bowl, and its something i have played with for years. Bowl in, bowl out, nest material still in, bowl turnt over, you name it ive tried it....and i came to one conclusion it makes not a blind bit of difference what you do with it, however I obtained some nest bowls from a fancier whos birds i auctioned, that were all hand made and many were made before the war, and being extremely deep, whether im right or wrong but the birds seem a lot more keener the deeper a nest bowl is.

Happy and contented with both my waist and the birds old boy :drinking-coffee-200:

Nice one Stevie, Just surprised you have not replied that the weight will be equal to the volume of any given body in comparison to its size. i,e 1 ton of Lead = 1 Ton,, 1 ton of Polystyrene = 1 Ton.. The only difference is its volume size.

Nice one Stevie, Just surprised you have not replied that the weight will be equal to the volume of any given body in comparison to its size. i,e 1 ton of Lead = 1 Ton,, 1 ton of Polystyrene = 1 Ton.. The only difference is its volume size.

Deffo.....the problem with the birds is the density........just like some humans Peter lol

Dale,

cheers for that what was his findings? Bernie races in Tony C federation, and i speak to him at combine marking sometimes.

Regards

Ryan

If I remember rightly he had done it previously and was trying to see if different weight on modern systems it was a few years back and sure it was for the birds racing out to Lerwick if you get in touch with him I'm sure it would be interesting reading all the best

The youngsters put in just over the hour today, i get much excitement from youngsters flying habbits as they perform their arial acrobatics, which im lead to believe is them oracticing their built in defense mechanism. They are in a regular routine with feeding and time out which will last them for the entire year now, it is another form of brainwashing. They will recieve their second vaccination for pmv and herpes very soon.

2nd race of the season racing from Newark 114 miles....hopefully this run of form continues, i had 5 hens first to take 1st 2nd 3rd 5th and 6th club in the Newham Invation club competing against 250 pigeons, 3 cocks followed shortly after to take 1st 2nd 3rd in the Custom House Club competing against 120 pigeons. Good race all birds home within 20-25 minutes.

Edited by Wiley

2nd race of the season racing from Newark 114 miles....hopefully this run of form continues, i had 5 hens first to take 1st 2nd 3rd 5th and 6th club in the Newham Invation club competing against 250 pigeons, 3 cocks followed shortly after to take 1st 2nd 3rd in the Custom House Club competing against 120 pigeons. Good race all birds home within 20-25 minutes.

Top flying Ryan, well done :emoticon-0137-clapping:

well done ryan :drinking-coffee-200: