Intensity, Integrity And Intelligance Blog.

Wiley

Hi NeilaNo, the quantity is actually huge in number prior to basketing, but i mean light as in grains....i wouldnt go as far as using barley, but a depurative mixture will be in the composition.

Thanks Ryan I was thinking along the lines of a energy mix with some Gerry mixed in as that is a pretty high fat content but adds carbs to the overall content,would I be far out with this ? Or would you cut the maize in order that they look first for it in the basket as I never understand why birds are fed on a mixture at race points with any form of peas in it when you only want carbs and in the main fat based grains

As i said neila, depurative has to be in the composition. I wouldnt go for gerry, as i dont want the maize in the mixture prior to basketing, as i want the birds to take that as first choice grain while being fed in the baskets.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 yards off the pace this week to finish 4th in newham against 280, and 7th in custom house against 116, 3 yards is next to nothing so i cant be dispondent, we cant win em all and next week is another week. 3 of last weeks 5 hens were my first pigeons again.....i should feature high up in the fed but will confirm on monday

Its been 4 weeks since i nazalined the pigeons so they will get done sunday

3 yards off the pace this week to finish 4th in newham against 280, and 7th in custom house against 116, 3 yards is next to nothing so i cant be dispondent, we cant win em all and next week is another week. 3 of last weeks 5 hens were my first pigeons again.....i should feature high up in the fed but will confirm on mondayIts been 4 weeks since i nazalined the pigeons so they will get done sunday

9th, 16th and 18th federation

Wiley can you please put on a list of what grains constitutes fats,protien,carbohydrates,as i am applying my own idea on that just now thanks !!

Thanks for your pm phil, however you can find these lists in every squils year book and on google and would take a long time for me to type that all out

Todays average weight for the birds is 16.5 ounces, now this will test the theory as discussions ive had with fanciers they have stated this is the ideal weight but the proof will be in the pudding so to speak, and we will see.

Hi Ryan

Is the weight an average for both cocks and hens

Thanks for your pm phil, however you can find these lists in every squils year book and on google and would take a long time for me to type that all out

Your ok Wiley i will have a look good thread keeep it up.

Hi Ryan

Is the weight an average for both cocks and hens

No buddy i havent been weighing hens....i have only been weighing cocks. Hens from conversations must be much lower around 14.5 to 15oz range. With cocks being from 16 to 16.5oz range.

Noticed over the last few days the cocks wattles getting whiter and whiter, and the shine on their neck becoming more dominant. Lets hope its a good sign for the weekend. With the wind on the turn this saturday looks to be a sticky race for north roaders which they havent had to face this year, apart from the first week but with the distance they was at then it never was a test. This week being at 177 miles in an essex and kent amalgamtion and forecast saying south easterly wind i suspect a fly over 4 hours will be the oder of the day. Will the cocks beat the hens this week? Im not overly fused cock or hen as long as i can get one on the job and up with the leaders.

The young birds are still flying very strong, and the basket will have to come out for them soon at a very short distance. The good thing is they are using the traps on the new loft and they listen to us very well. They are still on the sedochol and natraline combination and are moulting very well everyday there appearances change.

Edited by Wiley

Hi Ryan,allways like to read your blog,what I would like to ask is why weigh the birds so early in the week when surely by Friday basketing there is going to be quite a change with differant feeding towards the end of the week.

Hi tony

I was told by 3 sources who use the method of weighing this was the ideal day, as the birds should have recovered their body from their previous flight.

It suits me also as i dont want to create any stress closer to saturday also.

Kind regards

Hi tony

I was told by 3 sources who use the method of weighing this was the ideal day, as the birds should have recovered their body from their previous flight.

It suits me also as i dont want to create any stress closer to saturday also.

Kind regards

Fully understand what you say but surely the weight on a Friday would be very differant to a Tuesday so its a bit confusing when people say the idea weight is infact the weight on Tuesday and not when you actually basket the birds.

Fully understand what you say but surely the weight on a Friday would be very differant to a Tuesday so its a bit confusing when people say the idea weight is infact the weight on Tuesday and not when you actually basket the birds.

From the experiement ive gathered a number of things, and a lot of things need to be taken into consideration, the week of the first race i did infact weigh every day up till friday, and surprisingly birds can actually lose weight, even on the build up. The biggest factor of weight ive found is the work rate. I found when i would train for the whole week leading upto the race the birds could lose 1/2oz to 3/4oz in body weight leading upto the race. Also if you weighed at different times of the day it could be different weights. So now the birds are weighed at 6.30am every Tuesday. Reason why i do it so early is that their crops are empty and tey shouldnt have had a drink by then. You will find some pigeons dont put on any weight week after week they stay consistent. Or you will find some have put on and some have lost. It is all an experiement, where hopefully i can come to some conclusive data in my own mind at least.

From a breif conversation Tony C had with bernie bennett on my behalf he took the weighing to the next level even measuring their water intake ect, so a conversation with bern will be arranged to see his view and the findings his found. Im always up to learn something hence why i started the experiment, to see if i can get something out of it.

Essex and kent amal from wetherby, was a stinker of a race for the whole organisation, big losses and a gappy race, but organisations liberated later in the day made good time. We ended up 6th, which wasnt too sad, but i am dissappointed in the team this week, as they were bouncing, but on how the race panned out, i will not rush things, if i am disappointed next week i will send of a vetinery test. Birds look well and was a beehive of activity this morning.

Good news this week was that a fancier on the site who i suggested a feeding system to won his club beating 491 birds so hopefully that continues for him.

The average weight this week was 16.6oz, one cock put on a dramtic weight increase and had to weigh him actually 3 times to make sure in my mind the scales were right.

http://ouncestograms.com

The above site ive found to be a blessing this year, especially when explaining to people how much i feed and how much i would for particular situations.

Ended up 16th federation last weekend so still amongst them.

Been offered and have accepted a new job that will change my life around the birds so from june a few tweaks will be made here n there on their usual routine, but will get around things

Been offered and have accepted a new job that will change my life around the birds so from june a few tweaks will be made here n there on their usual routine, but will get around things

well done on the new job Ryan :emoticon-0123-party:

Congratulations on your new job Ryan

Cheers guys

Cocks today winning 1st n 2nd club in custom house club, and the hens were 3rd and 4th newham invitation club. Should be well up in the fed but will confirm later in the week.

The good chequer cock son of the old slatey wins the club again.

The hens will be nazalined this week

post-607-14941769402946_thumb.jpeg

post-607-1494177007995_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wiley