Bbc 4 Tonight 21.00

HOMER49

I was disappointed, it was mainly old footage for the racing pigeons and too much negativity

and I couldn't believe that in the rolling credits at the end they couldn't spell Association (they had put an 's' before the c :o )

The only bit I didn't like was the man blowing in the polluters mouth.

I was disappointed, it was mainly old footage for the racing pigeons and too much negativity

and I couldn't believe that in the rolling credits at the end they couldn't spell Association (they had put an 's' before the c :o )

Yep, was footage from the 70s, time they realised pigeon racing has come into the PC age. Showed the general public, we all push pram frames to our club with baskets on them. :emoticon-0136-giggle:

TIMESHIFT (BBC) ..."Documentary series which ranges widely over Britain's social and cultural history, its narrative-led storytelling offering a richly immersive and varied window onto the past"

A well made and interesting documentary, which fulfilled it's remit perfectly by showing things as they were, not as they are.

Great to see some of the older fanciers from my organisation the unc on there , one fancier in particular ces rawson and his wife in there younger days, ces was a winner of 1st, unc, in 1955, and is still doing his bit for the sport of racing pigeons now, being a senior vice president of the unc, well done to all who took part and the bbc for finding time to show the film, podgy