Ets Timing & Location Of Pads / Sensors At Loft

Big Davie

I see on the SNFC website a message dated Feb 2016 stating " in accordance with SHU rules members are reminded that ETS systems MUST be located within the loft " ( ETS rule 2 ) and " that random checks may be carried out that could lead to disqualification " ( ETS rule 8 )

From what I have heard on the grapevine it would appear that birds are being timed in when they are still outside the loft and that this could be happening every Saturday throughout the season in Scotland.

SHU ETS rule No 9 states " ETS can only record the arrival time after the pigeon has entered the loft " for me this means that the pigeon must be contained, captive, or trapped, within the confines of the loft or trapping system before it's arrival can be recorded.

As a member who still times in with a T3 I have no axe to grind with fanciers using ETS with the proviso that these systems are being used to comply with the above SHU rules, however if arrivals are being recorded whilst the bird is still outside the loft then that for me is a concern.

Interested to see what the members thoughts are on this

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see on the SNFC website a message dated Feb 2016 stating " in accordance with SHU rules members are reminded that ETS systems MUST be located within the loft " ( ETS rule 2 ) and " that random checks may be carried out that could lead to disqualification " ( ETS rule 8 )

From what I have heard on the grapevine it would appear that birds are being timed in when they are still outside the loft and that this could be happening every Saturday throughout the season in Scotland.

SHU ETS rule No 9 states " ETS can only record the arrival time after the pigeon has entered the loft " for me this means that the pigeon must be contained, captive, or trapped, within the confines of the loft or trapping system before it's arrival can be recorded.

As a member who still times in with a T3 I have no axe to grind with fanciers using ETS with the proviso that these systems are being used to comply with the above SHU rules, however if arrivals are being recorded whilst the bird is still outside the loft then that for me is a concern.

Interested to see what the members thoughts are on this

Mine is just over the threshold Davie, imo the doo disnae need to be captured or confined it just has to enter the loft. Ma lot often enter then come back out again and I don't see how that could be an issue.

Not allowed under Welsh H.U. John, birds have to be unable to leave after timing, trapped before timing

John there is disadvantage to the fanciers using clocks because they need to catch the bird to time it where as if you've got eats dosent matter if your bird flies back out,as a matter of fact one of our club members had a similar trapping system to yours and after discussion at the club the man changed it to the rules Davies mentioned..omi

Mine is just over the threshold Davie, imo the doo disnae need to be captured or confined it just has to enter the loft. Ma lot often enter then come back out again and I don't see how that could be an issue.

shu rule book states (2016 version)

1,ets must be fitted within the loft

2, ets can only record the time after a pigeon has entered the loft

nothing about a bird being confined after clocking

so yours is fine john

shu rule book states (2016 version)

1,ets must be fitted within the loft

2, ets can only record the time after a pigeon has entered the loft

nothing about a bird being confined after clocking

so yours is fine john

I was on the SHU rules committee when ETS was discussed and am happy that I follow the stipulated rules. At the time secretaries were being abused by members not allowing them to see where the pad is sited and it was decided then that "policing" it would be well nigh impossible so it was left to fanciers Honesty, and mine cannot be questioned as I follow rules to the letter.

ETS does have an advantage over manual clocks but that is fanciers choice.

Our pads are placed under our sputniks as the doos drop in they are timed we also have a petron trap on 1 of the yb lofts

That makes all ets traps illegal according to this rule and what about stall traps , timing birds outside the loft??? Come on guys, we know the script, pads on the landing board is maybe wrong ( although this is done on the continent ) but when you buy an ETS trap and it doesn't come under the Governing bodies rules, their surely taking the pis. ???????

That makes all ets traps illegal according to this rule and what about stall traps , timing birds outside the loft??? Come on guys, we know the script, pads on the landing board is maybe wrong ( although this is done on the continent ) but when you buy an ETS trap and it doesn't come under the Governing bodies rules, their surely taking the pis. ???????

The pad is inside the trap Derek so how is it illegal?

well if ALF is in trouble with that location , so am I and just about every fed member over here ?

its like mine Alan, its outwith the interior of the loft

The trap is part of the loft same as a sputnik and the pad is in the loft it can't be accessed from outside the confines of the trap so it is within the loft as far as I'm concerned

Our pads are placed under our sputniks as the doos drop in they are timed we also have a petron trap on 1 of the yb lofts

An mine alf as a used the same trap when using rubbers so took rubber off outside she'd but doo inside shed