Snfc Egm

Why is that?

If the committee at the time nipped it in the bud there wouldn't be these problems today, there should have been a major investigation into the allegations and dealt with in the proper manner, it's my opinion the committee at the time failed the members badly

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the committee at the time nipped it in the bud there wouldn't be these problems today, there should have been a major investigation into the allegations and dealt with in the proper manner, it's my opinion the committee at the time failed the members badly

bullshit

Your partly right Mali, a few of the committee tried their hardest to get it sorted and took a lot of flack for doing this. The officials were absolutely torture and in fact, imo, were detrimental to the cause :emoticon-0127-lipssealed::emoticon-0179-headbang::emoticon-0138-thinking:

That's true, but my point was that people still have time to think about what their doing. If they don't pay their money by 1st April they will incur a £6 late penalty fee. They still have a chance to pay their fees by 1st May though. If you've still not paid by then ur not a member and wont get ur entry form pack u normally receive each year after you pay ur subscription. You wont get services from the National, why would u.

john ur out of order i do agree no 1 has 2 be addressed as for 2 3 & 4 no one asked about at A,G,M so they are finished in my book

No. 1 & No. 2 are inextricably related.........No. 3 & No. 4 are also inextricably linked because NO EXPLANATION has been forthcoming for either of those questions despite the answer being asked for at the AGM.

Unless of course in the mayhem created by those who would wish to run the club for themselves I missed Mary Pryde's explanation, other than the shrug of shoulders and silence that I witnessed, then i look forward to hearing why the letter wasn't sent.

Given that the letter was ordered to be sent in 2012 and was never sent, this by the man who is "advising" the new secretary of her duties, then I think they both need explaining to the MAJORITY of members who seek joint convoying and safer racing for our birds.

No. 1 & No. 2 are inextricably related.........No. 3 & No. 4 are also inextricably linked because NO EXPLANATION has been forthcoming for either of those questions despite the answer being asked for at the AGM.

Unless of course in the mayhem created by those who would wish to run the club for themselves I missed Mary Pryde's explanation, other than the shrug of shoulders and silence that I witnessed, then i look forward to hearing why the letter wasn't sent.

Given that the letter was ordered to be sent in 2012 and was never sent, this by the man who is "advising" the new secretary of her duties, then I think they both need explaining to the MAJORITY of members who seek joint convoying and safer racing for our birds.

Seems a fair point John, and I like a lot of others have been mystified as to why nothing became of these so called letters to the SNRPC. We should all be wanting more pigeons in a convoy especially racing into Scotland with its Hazards. Better for everyone in Scotland I feel imo.

like i said ill back you for number 1 but not the rest

Seems a fair point John, and I like a lot of others have been mystified as to why nothing became of these so called letters to the SNRPC. We should all be wanting more pigeons in a convoy especially racing into Scotland with its Hazards. Better for everyone in Scotland I feel imo.

Think you caused some of this yourself John wi your outburst at the president, pot & kettle springs tae mind ;)

Think you caused some of this yourself John wi your outburst at the president, pot & kettle springs tae mind ;)

Had i been answered properly and not dismissed there would have been no need to raise my voice. You must be a blind man if you canny see what's going on here.

Ahem,! What outburst was that then ?. You appear to be posting negatively regarding those who would wish clarity which was not forthcoming at the AGM from any officials.

Unless of course in the mayhem created by those who would wish to run the club for themselves I missed Mary Pryde's explanation, other than the shrug of shoulders and silence that I witnessed, then i look forward to hearing why the letter wasn't sent. [/size]

John, Mary did give an explanation to the AGM as to why the 2014 letter was not sent to SNRPC regarding joint convoying to our longest race for this year: "A decision was taken after the Management Committee meeting not to send the letter 'because SNRPC had failed to answer a letter sent to them by us in the past."

That was when I told the AGM that SNRPC had contacted SNFC in 2013 (not 2012) regarding joint convoying to our longest race for 2014. Management Committee decided against that and instead agreed a letter of reply should be sent recommending they go with MNFC and we could come to an agreement re joint convoying the birds to Wales to meet MNFC Transporter. The letter was also to contain an offer to joint convoy to Ypres Memorial Race (if SNRPC were going there) for a joint or separate liberation there, whichever they chose.

I discovered much later that that letter wasn't sent. The minutes of the meeting were never distributed to 2013 or 2014 Management Committees and when I asked for and received a copy of them in December 2014 there was nothing in them about the long discussion on joint convoying for either Longest race or Ypres.

My closing remark at the AGM was that it was almost as if a Committee was operating within the Management Committee (ie overturning democratic decisions reached by Management Committee with which this 'other Committee' did not agree.) However, in my opinion the subject is now closed as the AGM, newly elected Officials and Management Committee have all been made aware of this, and the AGM has instructed John McCord personally to contact SNRPC, and he gave an undertaking to the AGM that he would.

John, Mary did give an explanation to the AGM as to why the 2014 letter was not sent to SNRPC regarding joint convoying to our longest race for this year: "A decision was taken after the Management Committee meeting not to send the letter 'because SNRPC had failed to answer a letter sent to them by us in the past."

That was when I told the AGM that SNRPC had contacted SNFC in 2013 (not 2012) regarding joint convoying to our longest race for 2014. Management Committee decided against that and instead agreed a letter of reply should be sent recommending they go with MNFC and we could come to an agreement re joint convoying the birds to Wales to meet MNFC Transporter. The letter was also to contain an offer to joint convoy to Ypres Memorial Race (if SNRPC were going there) for a joint or separate liberation there, whichever they chose.

I discovered that that letter wasn't sent, the minutes of the meeting were never distributed to 2013 or 2014 Management Committees and when I asked for and received a copy of them in December 2014 there was nothing in them about the long discussion on joint convoying for either Longest race or Ypres.

My closing remark at the AGM was that it was almost as if a Committee was operating within the Management Committee (ie overturning democratic decisions reached by Management Committee with which this 'other Committee' did not agree.)However, in my opinion the subject is now closed as the AGM, newly elected Officials and Management Committee have all been made aware of this, and the AGM has instructed John McCord personally to contact SNRPC.

Thank you Ian, you are absolutely correct, it was the highlighted decision that sparked the mayhem, very conveniently too !!!