Snfc Messac

Rooster J. Cogburn

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George, the point is getting the doos home. MESSAC WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE SUICIDE WHEN 95% OF SCOTLAND FLYING THEIR BIRDS ALL YEAR DOWN THE EAST. The fairest races would be further east, maybe Liege or even further east (Denmark ) and dont *expletive removed* kid yersel that the west has any advantage in any race unless we flew from Ireland.

never said they f*** did :P

just got our good hen about 12.30,great she is home :) :) but out of race time. :(

well pleased for you john she's home and thats the most important thing,there to fight another day and well done to all the other the other fanciers/birds that managed to make it home

very well done to all birds timed in those in the third day these must be strong hearted bird,s ,as for the race point i dont think theres a fault with messac we had a good race out there the last time snfc was there,WHAT was the problem who knows ,that,s pigeon racing for you in this day and age ,even more so when you go over the chanel ,you just take it on the chin and move on to the nxt race

Well explain how the snrpc had a great race from Reims while we have taken a hiding from Messac?? It was a ridiculous decision to go to Messac and makes a mockery of the council who debated every possible race point for the GOLD CUP and Messac was first out the window because of its position compared to the rest of the program.

You kidding me, it was a *expletive removed* disaster.I was 150th open at 6.50pm the second night.This race was dominated by the Solway, hence the bus load at AGM to go back there.

no i dont think it was a disaster ,YIP, it was a hard race ,but when you race 500,600 miles its never easy ,it takes a special bird to make it ,its getin harder as the years go by ,whats the problem you tell me,

Guest Tooshy Boy

JUST GOT MA ONLY ENTRY AT 12.57PM TODAY HE'S HOME HE'S FECKED AND HE'LL DO FOR ME :egyptian::egyptian::egyptian:

TOO LATE FOR THE RESULT BUT HE'S A TRIER :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

WELLDONE ALF ./// :emoticon-0157-sun::emoticon-0157-sun:

well the gold cup finished for me this morning, <_< <_< was down early and no doos so went to the paper shop at 6am,came back 5 mins later and parked the car in the field in front of the loft and was just going to read the paper when a doo came right over the car and hit the lander, blue cock right colour and section of loft,i jumped out the car and ran down with the clock to time it blue and red rubbers on!!!!!! nest mate cock to the bird we are waiting on from messac lost at eastbourne last weekend :cry-blow: :cry-blow:and to put the tin lid on it i have been stung in the mouth by a wasp :o:( :( :( roll on tours/ypres. :)

just got my only yearling i entered from the malborough race so looking like the southerly wind is helping birds home maybe more messac birds will make their lofts today here's hoping

Well done to everyone who got a bird, and even if it was just out of race time remember the bird didnae ken when the race closed, so no blame there, and I hope you've better luck next time.

For others who didn't get a pigeon, and I'm one, feel it's time to put it behind and move on to our next race. I feel like pulling the plug, I'm deffo giving Tours a bodyswerve as I now feel I need to learn to fly 500+ miles consistently before even trying 600+. But my birds are still looking very good for Ypres, so pick meself up and stagger onwards to my next drubbin? :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Well done to everyone who got a bird, and even if it was just out of race time remember the bird didnae ken when the race closed, so no blame there, and I hope you've better luck next time.

For others who didn't get a pigeon, and I'm one, feel it's time to put it behind and move on to our next race. I feel like pulling the plug, I'm deffo giving Tours a bodyswerve as I now feel I need to learn to fly 500+ miles consistently before even trying 600+. But my birds are still looking very good for Ypres, so pick meself up and stagger onwards to my next drubbin? :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Ypres saw a good few doos in our section on the night last year so optimistic yel no get drubbed Broon :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Well explain how the snrpc had a great race from Reims while we have taken a hiding from Messac?? It was a ridiculous decision to go to Messac and makes a mockery of the council who debated every possible race point for the GOLD CUP and Messac was first out the window because of its position compared to the rest of the program.

Can you explain to me how 15 reported on the night and 13 reported on the second day constitutes a great race?

JUST GOT MA ONLY ENTRY AT 12.57PM TODAY HE'S HOME HE'S FECKED AND HE'LL DO FOR ME :egyptian::egyptian::egyptian:

TOO LATE FOR THE RESULT BUT HE'S A TRIER :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

WELL DONE BIG ALFhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0137-clapping.gif

Guest bigda

WELL DONE ALF THAT IS A GOOD BIRD MATE

Can you explain to me how 15 reported on the night and 13 reported on the second day constitutes a great race?

i think you will find theres well over a 100 as a lot dont post on the lib line same as a lot of others so the lib line aint an accurate way of asscesing a race really

well done to my freinds john mechan and j crombie on winning the south section out the gold cup for the 3rd time in ten years,john mcneil and also davy elliott timing 3 pigeons a brillaint preformance,and everyone else who timed in. is this 2 national wins for the west section in the snfc?,t and also on the reims subject,did the snrpc not have a hard race out of there last season?? remember the snrpc also flew messac and the winner....wilson&jack lanark!!,so i dont think theres any thing wrong with messac infact the nfc were there the last few seasons also the lancashire combine and the north west grand nat have libed there today with other feds,one last thing im not into politics thats why i dont put things on here. but you will find crombie and mechans flew with the solway down the east this year along with rob renwicks and robbie romes and also d elliott flyes with lanarkshire fed.I like alot of people get fed up of moving round the world to different race points ,we were settled for a while with alencon tours falaise ect,but as the norm we had a bad race out of one of them so we had to give the shu more money for race points.can we not keep to the same race point for a few years???

Only 2 doos timed in at our clock station.

C.Cameron Arbroath,19.07 last night

G.McPherson Broughty Ferry,12.04 today (vel 403) with Willow :scotland:

Only 1 doo today at stike off in regeon G ,bird clocked yesterday at 14.33.33., for Mike Patterson Stonehaven. (Blue doo on here )).

Well done Mike.:emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

Well done to all who have timed in what must be apart from 1997 the worst gold cup race ever. Note I did not say hardest because 1190 velocity for the winners is not a hard race. Dont think you can blame the race point. I dont like this chopping and changing every year or two and if rennes and nantes had still been available i think we would still be racing from there. I couldnt see the weather being a problem. No one criticised the liberation on Friday although one or two are now. There may have been fog on the channel but there is fog somewhere on the channel just about every day and in any case the birds would have about 100 miles behind them before they hit the channel and would either go over or around the fog. It seems to me the problem has been early in the race and could have been a hawk strike or something similar which has sent the majority of the convoy in the wrong direction or diving for cover.