Snfc Messac

Rooster J. Cogburn

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've 5 two year old first timers I'm workin with just now.They were at the Leicester race on Saturday,one of them I may send this weekend to Huntingdon but the rest I'll work with here.

We'll see how they shape up in the next fortnight :)

Think the weekends racing has taken its part on who will be going or not, :(

Aye its been a fairly stinkin weekends racin :(

My candidates for the gold cup prior to Saturdays race were my two timers so nothing changes regarding sending them,only real worry now is the activity of the female peregrines suggesting that the young are growing well enough for the females to start hunting further afield eg my loft so the next two weeks early morning and evening exercise will be very nervy to say the least so far to early for me to guarantee them going into the race ,just have to say a wee prayer each night problem is a dinnae ken any :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Whats the plan for your Ypres Section Winner John??

When Messac was democratically voted as the Gold Cup race i decided a wusnae sending her so gave her the season off to breed from her and hope for a more Easterly race point for the Gold Cup 2012, though no holding ma breath!!!!

If i was racing her this year she would DEFINITELY have been sent on Saturday there so i;m kinda glad i gave her time out

Edited by JohnQuinn

When Messac was democratically voted as the Gold Cup race i decided a wusnae sending her so gave her the season off to breed from her and hope for a more Easterly race point for the Gold Cup 2012, though no holding ma breath!!!!

If i was racing her this year she would DEFINITELY have been sent on Saturday there so i;m kinda glad i gave her time out

Wilson&Jack of Lanark won 1st open from Messac with the SNRPC John.

Wilson&Jack of Lanark won 1st open from Messac with the SNRPC John.

IMO There is far far better opportunity to win from the distance in a small convoy of birds... Please do not take this opinion as a slight on the winners, on the contrary i think doos flying 550mls in a small convoy rely more on themselves rather than following the batch half the distance home.

I think it highly Unlikely it will be won in the West with the SNFC. Mind this is JMO. Cheers.

IMO There is far far better opportunity to win from the distance in a small convoy of birds... Please do not take this opinion as a slight on the winners, on the contrary i think doos flying 550mls in a small convoy rely more on themselves rather than following the batch half the distance home.

I think it highly Unlikely it will be won in the West with the SNFC. Mind this is JMO. Cheers.

The small convoy makes it so much more special and more difficult m8.Quoted from Brian Denny.

had planned to send 3 but my time in from reims 2010 41st open failed to return from malborough :cry-blow: but my time in from malborough and a 3yr old cock that came at 8.45 on saturday night will be my entrants all going well for the gold cup race :scotland:

Guest KING BILLY

i will be sending 4 my pied hen that scored out of 2 nationals last year going for a silver award my pied hen that was 5th west section 10 open andrasel who slept out frome peterbourg on saterday home early sunday morning then was 3rd today frome 72mle is going my black pied cock who was just out the result frome alcon in 2009 then scored frome falase in 2009 he was home out of the 600ml race just out of race time in 2010 so hes getting a easy program this year with just 1 500ml race not made my mind up yet on the 4th but its the same for every one if thare no wright when its time to send thay wont be going

i will be sending 4 my pied hen that scored out of 2 nationals last year going for a silver award my pied hen that was 5th west section 10 open andrasel who slept out frome peterbourg on saterday home early sunday morning then was 3rd today frome 72mle is going my black pied cock who was just out the result frome alcon in 2009 then scored frome falase in 2009 he was home out of the 600ml race just out of race time in 2010 so hes getting a easy program this year with just 1 500ml race not made my mind up yet on the 4th but its the same for every one if thare no wright when its time to send thay wont be going

good luck tam i will be sending 3 . one of them being my hen that was 2nd section eastbourne and 3rd section clermount she has just laid her first egg tonight . hoping to give her a couple of 40 mile single ups over the weekend :scotland: :scotland: . the other will be 2 two year old jan ardenn hens sent on the roundabout cana wait :egyptian: :egyptian: :egyptian:

Guest WINGS 04

I will be trying to get 4 to the gold cup they have had 4 races each and stopped will start them of at 20 miles out too 50miles over the next 10 days then rest them to basket night they are all 2 year olds

Guest KING BILLY

good luck tam i will be sending 3 . one of them being my hen that was 2nd section eastbourne and 3rd section clermount she has just laid her first egg tonight . hoping to give her a couple of 40 mile single ups over the weekend :scotland: :scotland: . the other will be 2 two year old jan ardenn hens sent on the roundabout cana wait :egyptian: :egyptian: :egyptian:

am planing to send them this week to huntington 280ml and thats thame till thay go 3 out the 4 last race was newark on the 28th of may and am not runing the bop gonlet this year so if thay get an easy sat then i will have to give some more traning toses with the newmains van looking to get another 8hrs on the wing just to make sure thare fit

Have had to swap my candidates following Marlborough race, sent 4 there, 2 for Gold Cup, 2 for Tours. One of the birds intended for Gold Cup race has had a tussle with a hawk during Marlborough race, luckily feather damage only, top of tail, maybes took a glancing blow when he was ducking & diving. Anyways, Marlborough timer & his mate now go to Gold Cup (hope the hen lays tonight) and the other pair go to Tours, giving the cock a chance to regrow those feathers and become aerodynamic & weatherproof once again. This will be his last year on the road, he was hit the weekend before Reims last year, went to that race minus 2 tail feathers and timed second morning, just missed making the result.