Snfc Messac

Rooster J. Cogburn

well done to my freinds john mechan and j crombie on winning the south section out the gold cup for the 3rd time in ten years,john mcneil and also davy elliott timing 3 pigeons a brillaint preformance,and everyone else who timed in. is this 2 national wins for the west section in the snfc?,t and also on the reims subject,did the snrpc not have a hard race out of there last season?? remember the snrpc also flew messac and the winner....wilson&jack lanark!!,so i dont think theres any thing wrong with messac infact the nfc were there the last few seasons also the lancashire combine and the north west grand nat have libed there today with other feds,one last thing im not into politics thats why i dont put things on here. but you will find crombie and mechans flew with the solway down the east this year along with rob renwicks and robbie romes and also d elliott flyes with lanarkshire fed.I like alot of people get fed up of moving round the world to different race points ,we were settled for a while with alencon tours falaise ect,but as the norm we had a bad race out of one of them so we had to give the shu more money for race points.can we not keep to the same race point for a few years???

Good Post Scott ,and true about race points it was not the position that beat our birds on Friday but the weather on route that was not mentioned in the national forecast ,having spoken to a friend in south wales they did not have a good day there Friday ,the cricket was delayed in Nottingham because of rain and my father in laws sister told him it was raining in york on Friday ,and strongly believe the channel closed in after liberation and before the birds arrived there ,Well Done to All who got birds home and those of us who havent can only wait and hope .

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to all who have timed in what must be arguably the worst gold cup race ever. Note I did not say hardest because 1190 velocity for the winners is not a hard race. Dont think you can blame the race point. I dont like this chopping and changing every year or two and if rennes and nantes had still been available i think we would still be racing from there. I couldnt see the weather being a problem. No one criticised the liberation on Friday although one or two are now. There may have been fog on the channel but there is fog somewhere on the channel just about every day and in any case the birds would have about 100 miles behind them before they hit the channel and would either go over or around the fog. It seems to me the problem has been early in the race and could have been a hawk strike or something similar which has sent the majority of the convoy in the wrong direction or diving for cover.

Would be interesting to know if any European organsiastions were racing from the same area on Friday???

A man in the know told me he always fears for the Tours birds being libbed on a Saturday or Sunday as there are thousands of pigeons crossing all over France at weekends.

Would be interesting to know if any European organsiastions were racing from the same area on Friday???

A man in the know told me he always fears for the Tours birds being libbed on a Saturday or Sunday as there are thousands of pigeons crossing all over France at weekends.

They race saturdays that's why we go friday and get the sky's to ourselves (well pigeon wise )

Guest Gareth Rankin

Don't beleive that Tours and messac are a problem for other continental liberations, perhaps this may be true of Reims and easterly French lib sites.

No doubt the westerly lib site of messac will get the blame for this disaster which is a shame as personally there is something else at the route cause for this race turning out to be so bad.????????

Would be over the moon if David Elliot becomes the first west winner of the Gold cup in 31 years. Well done to all the members that got.plgeons in race time.

They race saturdays that's why we go friday and get the sky's to ourselves (well pigeon wise )

be interesting to see how the irish do today they were held at st mallo on friday on the west coast of france due to heavy fogg on channel , and were libbed at 12,30 today , apparently birds times in dublin already in the 1600,s also the fougres races were held till 12.30 friday to allow the channel fog to clear , obviously someone not getting the correct info or does fog no affect scottish birds :emoticon-0138-thinking::emoticon-0138-thinking:

My entries were all 2 year olds and had never been across the channel before.Can imagine a very big percentage of the convoy would be the same.

One if the biggest differences in channel racing and pigeon racing in general compared to days gone by is a lack of older experienced birds in the convoy,be it due to the hawk problem or whatever.People don't have as many pigeon 3 or over.

I once heard the 3yo plus pigeons described as pilots and the 2 yos and yearling were the passengers aboard the plane across the English channel.With fewer of these experienced pigeons and more inexperienced pigeons does this have any bearing on poor racing???

If your in a plane without a pilot chances are your not gonna be doin to well :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

So when we race from Ypres on a saturday , how does that avoid clashing?? The birds I believe run along the coastline to France before crossing - is there a chance of clashing there. I recall a couple of years ago dozens of birds reported that never left the continent...

Don't beleive that Tours and messac are a problem for other continental liberations, perhaps this may be true of Reims and easterly French lib sites.

No doubt the westerly lib site of messac will get the blame for this disaster which is a shame as personally there is something else at the route cause for this race turning out to be so bad.????????

Would be over the moon if David Elliot becomes the first west winner of the Gold cup in 31 years. Well done to all the members that got.plgeons in race time.

Gareth, how many Newbiggings are there, one in Dundee and one in East Lothian..... not in the west

My entries were all 2 year olds and had never been across the channel before.Can imagine a very big percentage of the convoy would be the same.

One if the biggest differences in channel racing and pigeon racing in general compared to days gone by is a lack of older experienced birds in the convoy,be it due to the hawk problem or whatever.People don't have as many pigeon 3 or over.

I once heard the 3yo plus pigeons described as pilots and the 2 yos and yearling were the passengers aboard the plane across the English channel.With fewer of these experienced pigeons and more inexperienced pigeons does this have any bearing on poor racing???

If your in a plane without a pilot chances are your not gonna be doin to well :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

HI I HEARD A LOT OF BIRDS TIMED ARE 2 YR OLD FIRST TIMMERS :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping: IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY WHEN WE MOVED FROM THE WEST TO THE EAST A LOT OF GOOD BIRDS WERE LOST THEN 2 THAT HAD BEEN OVER SEVERAL TIMES :emoticon-0156-rain::emoticon-0156-rain:

just look at the returns it tell,s you something wrong ? dont think the bulk of the convoy made over the channel , and last time you,s were there yous got thumped ? and yes i think it was of the line of flight for the bulk of convoy ,jmo

I got nowt along wae most of my club, ecclefechan, 1 bird timed on second day at 12.01!!!!!!!! Well done to John Little on his tiner the same hen that was 2nd open Marlborough.

Its a disaster for the members but we will carry on although a couple of years in the wilderness is now on the cards?

Distance racin is hard because when you get a stinker frae the distance then it hurts yer breeding/racing team as doubts come in about both!!!

Lets hope that we get some good racin from the nats soon and that confidence can can come again?

Race points from anywhere can have bad races thats a fact and blamin Solway fanciers for wanting a traditional line of flight is nonsense IMO!

Maybe we should have a split program East/West to further destroy the Nationals????????????????????????????

Maybe pigeon racing is FOOKED already and we should just race wae clubs and get the numbers up regardless of quality??????????????????????????? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets not give up on nat racin in Scotland cos of a bad race or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will we learn John?

Racepoints?

1 keep the birds on the line of flight , it is said that there was mist on the channel ? , use the best transporters available , and use mike applby again , jmo and just have 2 channel races rennes and nantes ??

i think you are bang on the transportation must be the best availiable i think the first inland national should be done away with the losses werent as bad when the first race was across the channel we must pick racepoints on the line of flight and stick with them use the best information possible and i am not having a go here at the race controllers i know how hard it is messac was a disaster the last time and its the same again we should put individual squabbles aside for the good of the snfc which is there to give us channel racing not glorified fed racing

1 keep the birds on the line of flight , it is said that there was mist on the channel ? , use the best transporters available , and use mike applby again , jmo and just have 2 channel races rennes and nantes ??

bang on john!!,2 channel races and as for transport the nfc the bicc ect has top notch transporters we had a chance to go on your almond valley transporter and was turned down,i dont like inland nats but i think it is the cause,of us now having over 1000 birds to the biggest race of the year,but have one if that makes members happy,back to basics back to the snfc of old and give members a chance to build there teams and make it special again.

as a matter off interest what transporter was used

what do you mean by the line of flight? Messac is situated between Rennes and Nantes by the way

what do you mean by the line of flight? Messac is situated between Rennes and Nantes by the way

What he means is 95% of feds in Scotland are flying down the east side all year and then we fly from the west in the biggest race of the year.Bloody madness imo