Lanarkshire Returns Today

eastcoaster

Firstly this is not a east or west racing issue , my first bird was approx 35 mins behind club winner and know my birds are over fed but up til 8.00 I have 18/20 what are your genuine returns ! I honestly thought I was in for a horrendous race but my last one has no racing experience of the race basket due to not racing yb,s and only minimum training and injury,s but thought I won the race when this yearling arrived lol .u

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly this is not a east or west racing issue , my first bird was approx 35 mins behind club winner and know my birds are over fed but up til 8.00 I have 18/20 what are your genuine returns ! I honestly thought I was in for a horrendous race but my last one has no racing experience of the race basket due to not racing yb,s and only minimum training and injury,s but thought I won the race when this yearling arrived lol .u

Strong east wind

I get that and you said so yesterday . But why so erratic ?

My birds are erratic around the loft when it's a strong east Colin.......the old guys always treated an East wind with caution

abit of the pace today but think percy played its part was hoping for mare north in wind but returns are good . the sky today was not good for racing in my eyes :drinking-coffee-200:

My birds are erratic around the loft when it's a strong east Colin.......the old guys always treated an East wind with caution

I did think twice about sending after reading your posts yesterday but have to say from being gutted I now feel the birds have learned something very valuable today where if kept at home maybe they would not be so street wise come the big (300+) races

I did think twice about sending after reading your posts yesterday but have to say from being gutted I now feel the birds have learned something very valuable today where if kept at home maybe they would not be so street wise come the big (300+) races

Nowt wrong with that Colin getting them home is a big bonus......interested if you got yer nominated or fancied bird first?

Nowt wrong with that Colin getting them home is a big bonus......interested if you got yer nominated or fancied bird first?

I don,t pool my birds til nationals but the one I thought may be my first although I don't like him is missing , lol

We had 36/43 just before 7 tonight don't know if anymore made it as I'm out tonight

Still not bad returns Alan have heard of some terrible returns through out the fed but I think a lot more will have made home now .

Enjoy your teetotal night out .lol

I don,t pool my birds til nationals but the one I thought may be my first although I don't like him is missing , lol

So you handle yer birds at basketing ....pick what you think is in the best nick.....and look for it the next day just like every week but in an East wind birds turn in 1st at yer loft that you didn't expect.....or at least at mine they do.....often returning from all directions and sometimes hard to trap and often dehydrated

I know so called top National fanciers in Lanarkshire that breed over 100 ybs every year and never lose a pigeon but still breed 100+ ybs f kin every year. lol

[/

whats lanarkshire gt tae dae way you bridge bhoy ????

[/quote

just educating ye sprint boy :emoticon-0136-giggle:

So you handle yer birds at basketing ....pick what you think is in the best nick.....and look for it the next day just like every week but in an East wind birds turn in 1st at yer loft that you didn't expect.....or at least at mine they do.....often returning from all directions and sometimes hard to trap and often dehydrated

My fancied 2pigeons ,one was my timer last week a grizzle another fast race and a yearling cheq w/f hen which if it was a northwest wind would have pooled her all the way ,well the grizzle isn't home and the cheq w/f hen arrived last of my 23/25 with some damage to her under carriage . Couldn't pick m nose lol.

I know so called top National fanciers in Lanarkshire that breed over 100 ybs every year and never lose a pigeon but still breed 100+ ybs f kin every year. lol

Who said you were a top national flier lol .

I have tried over the last 2 years not training or racing my ybs and only giving minimal training 4/5 ten ml tosses as yearlings and will go back to training my ybs this year as I think they lack indifferent race experience ie strong east or strong south like last week I know I am not a top fancier but I am also no mug but lost 6 my first race and 7 last week and feel they just had no experience .jmo

Am 2/7 at this time. All birds went last week and retuned on the day. They have been flying round the loft for 40 mins every day. Not a good day for men and only 9 Old birds left in loft. Could be another short old bird season for me. 5 were two year olds and two yearlings. 😕

My first 6 birds did not eat but sat around drinker even the misses asked why they were all sitting there .!

My fancied 2pigeons ,one was my timer last week a grizzle another fast race and a yearling cheq w/f hen which if it was a northwest wind would have pooled her all the way ,well the grizzle isn't home and the cheq w/f hen arrived last of my 23/25 with some damage to her under carriage . Couldn't pick m nose lol.

Did the birds return from all points Stuart?

[/

whats lanarkshire gt tae dae way you bridge bhoy ????

[/quote

just educating ye sprint boy :emoticon-0136-giggle:

there is nae top national men in lanarkshire only guys that kid themselves on way fcking section tickets so nae education there bridge bhoy tell all who you are having a dig at be a man about it :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I know that feeling my son told me last night to pool our club winner in the 3 bird Nom. i told him 3 others were in better nick so pooled them

1 an hour behind timer, 1 at 6 oc;ock and 1 still amiss