Eddie Newcombe

andy

Last met Eddie at Blackpool circa 2000 with pal John bosworth and had a great wee chat with scotlands greatest ever fancier which was for me a wee dream as like others his racing exploits made him one of my heroes,a great loss to the pigeon sport and obviously his family.rip Edwin Newcombe.

RIP Eddie. he was a genius he lived only a mile or so from us and was also a very good fed flyer early on , while marking for one of the nat,s he handled my 2 entry's and told me to kiss them goodbye as I would,nt see them again ,the birds were held over and I had a darts tournament and got blootered woke up next day and both were in loft and because I never controlled my clock I could,nt time them , the whole family were great doo men .

An SNFC legend.. a sad loss

Has anyone got any loft reports on him?

My dad done a write up on eddie for the homing world stud book I think mid seventies called king of the skies unfortunately haven't managed to find a copy but do remember it was the only time ever my dad used a tape recorder over two days at Macmerry about 16 hours of eddie talking about his birds maybe some of the older members on here might be able to put a copy on here