Lanarkshire Fed

dunc50

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think your david has brain washed jim into putting that race proposal in so he could train his birds way the fed john :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Tommy bhoy. iv only went to a comeback race with lanarkshire each year east or west race points, but if i stayed in lanarkshire i would go down the solway route, mind tommy Jim is only one vote, and it was well beat at the race meeting. just get your chin back up and deal with it, you will have more chance of topping the fed down this route

Tommy bhoy. iv only went to a comeback race with lanarkshire each year east or west race points, but if i stayed in lanarkshire i would go down the solway route, mind tommy Jim is only one vote, and it was well beat at the race meeting. just get your chin back up and deal with it, you will have more chance of topping the fed down this route

wont be there david but i know how you think. remember you letter tae train :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

The body of the hall voted because they thought they were going with the national when they realised what they actually voted for their jaws dropped including Jims

that should be sorted with the delegate.s at the 1st meeting, common sense should prevail there.

i know it will be david as i said think your have brain washed jim tae put that proposal in just speak my mind :emoticon-0136-giggle:

thats the difference Tommy bhoy you think you no, but i no i never, as Jim has got his own mind also,

and it win by a mile so plenty folk think the same as him , not just Jim.

anybody ask.s me what route should lanarkshire should go it would be the solway, try and cut out the dogleg

I attended the meeting yesterday as an experience of the fed process and have a couple of observations,

I estimate from the voting numbers that there were approximately 180-190 people in the room.

There appeared to be quite an amount of confusion as to the items of business to be discussed, voting process and agreed conclusions. This observation is made of all in the room not just the officials conducting the meeting.

I am interested to understand the voting process since it appeared to based on attending numbers not fed club representatives. Does this not skew the result to any club which had a large number of members in attendance, rather than each club having a single vote on each proposal or item of business being discussed.

There were a couple of occasions when, quite rightly an attending member wish to raise a view, but was unable to be heard due to shouted interruption by other attendees.

This interruption was also amplified by people wishing to speak remaining seated and thus not enabling good order to be maintained so their view could be heard or responded to by the top table.

I found other items somewhat confusing with regard to the Lanarkshire Fed business and SNFC.

Surely, if member as part of the fed clubs wish to co-ordinate with any other flying organisation then a formal proposal, with second, should be submitted to the fed AGM. The confusion caused was clear when, after the 2017 racing proposal had been voted on and accepted, it was raised by a member that the assumed SNFC dates had been changed and the did not match information previously discussed,

Also voted upon was the proposal to change section formats and as previously stated above would a room vote not skew the result due to the particular numbers of attendance of a particular club.

I am not qualified or in any way familiar with the Fed procedures or rules and only wish to raise the above as personal observations.

Perhaps the following would assist in future events of this type.

1. Fed publish a clear agenda to all clubs or members in advance of the meeting, with any supporting information or proposals.

2. Fed instruct each club to arrange for each item on the agenda to be discussed at club level prior tot hefted meeting and club representative directed as to how to vote at e Fed meeting.

3. All fed members are welcomed and encouraged to attend the fed meeting however the voting is indicated by the designated club representative, thus reflecting club members views, ensuring one club one vote and making officials job much simpler.

4. Good order and respect is shown by all attending and particularly to club and fed officials and any member who stands and is invited to speak without interruption.

5. Any attendee who objects to procedure, conduct or order of business simple stands and when invited by the chair voices that objection and, if not resolved by discussion, sits down and sumbits a formal written objection at a future date.

6. All meeting should be terminated with any other business which would allow anybody to raise items which may be responded to at the meeting or clear instruction agreed as to resolving any item raised at a future date.

I will close with the reiteration that I fully support any club or fed official and the good job done by them for the further of our sport.

Thoughts over.

I attended the meeting yesterday as an experience of the fed process and have a couple of observations,

I estimate from the voting numbers that there were approximately 180-190 people in the room.

There appeared to be quite an amount of confusion as to the items of business to be discussed, voting process and agreed conclusions. This observation is made of all in the room not just the officials conducting the meeting.

I am interested to understand the voting process since it appeared to based on attending numbers not fed club representatives. Does this not skew the result to any club which had a large number of members in attendance, rather than each club having a single vote on each proposal or item of business being discussed.

There were a couple of occasions when, quite rightly an attending member wish to raise a view, but was unable to be heard due to shouted interruption by other attendees.

This interruption was also amplified by people wishing to speak remaining seated and thus not enabling good order to be maintained so their view could be heard or responded to by the top table.

I found other items somewhat confusing with regard to the Lanarkshire Fed business and SNFC.

Surely, if member as part of the fed clubs wish to co-ordinate with any other flying organisation then a formal proposal, with second, should be submitted to the fed AGM. The confusion caused was clear when, after the 2017 racing proposal had been voted on and accepted, it was raised by a member that the assumed SNFC dates had been changed and the did not match information previously discussed,

Also voted upon was the proposal to change section formats and as previously stated above would a room vote not skew the result due to the particular numbers of attendance of a particular club.

I am not qualified or in any way familiar with the Fed procedures or rules and only wish to raise the above as personal observations.

Perhaps the following would assist in future events of this type.

1. Fed publish a clear agenda to all clubs or members in advance of the meeting, with any supporting information or proposals.

2. Fed instruct each club to arrange for each item on the agenda to be discussed at club level prior tot hefted meeting and club representative directed as to how to vote at e Fed meeting.

3. All fed members are welcomed and encouraged to attend the fed meeting however the voting is indicated by the designated club representative, thus reflecting club members views, ensuring one club one vote and making officials job much simpler.

4. Good order and respect is shown by all attending and particularly to club and fed officials and any member who stands and is invited to speak without interruption.

5. Any attendee who objects to procedure, conduct or order of business simple stands and when invited by the chair voices that objection and, if not resolved by discussion, sits down and sumbits a formal written objection at a future date.

6. All meeting should be terminated with any other business which would allow anybody to raise items which may be responded to at the meeting or clear instruction agreed as to resolving any item raised at a future date.

I will close with the reiteration that I fully support any club or fed official and the good job done by them for the further of our sport.

Thoughts over.

I must agree in principle with a large amount of your discourse.

Very few pigeon people either know or care about how a meeting should be conducted, preferring to turn them into debacles where the one who shouts loudest is followed for fear of reprisal.

The voting procedure is carried out by Member, not by Club.

It has been stated that a rider should have been added to align with the SNFC, but the proposer failed to allow this when advised.

In my own Federation, all members receive the Agenda, by mail, sent 14 days before the meeting. The requirement is 7 days.

Point 2 is carried out in my own Federation, but only for Management Meetings. The Management Committee is expected to vote as the majority decided at General Meetings.

Point 3 is out of order according to SHU rules.

Point 4 has greatly improved within my own Federation. We are getting there.

Point 5, the Chair decides what the SHU Constitution and Federation Bye Laws are meant to represent. If a member felt this had been decided incorrectly, they have right of appeal to the SHU, but they would have to be sure of their grounds.

Point 6 is standard procedure and should be carried out. My own Federation does this.

I think your observations only point out the lack of understanding and standards within the pigeon hobby, regarding good Management and Member conduct. :)

I am told there were only 10 Airdrie members present so the club which I am a member were only a fraction of the successful vote as for date mix up sure,ly we can sort this out at delegate meeting , I am neither for or against the route we race but still think it crazy you all want to go on your own to the longer races ,WHY , I would hope you all would want to test your pigeons and own ability and to have your birds in a batch with birds from all over Scotland breaks them up and makes them think for themselves and with the bigger convoy they get a good start up the country before being split by bop .

Also Airdrie did not leave midland because of losses but a fall out with the committee or it, decision ,s .but this is not part of the discussion .

Politics are killing this sport.

Colin grieve

Let's be clear here...the officials posted out to every member an agenda for the meeting. Those in attendance vote for Themselves not their club. Every member has the choice tae come or not and vote or not on the business in the published agenda. So those who attend decide whit happens and that's the way it's always been.

The SNFC Race dates have been available to all interested for weeks anaw, so if members at that meeting yesterday couldnae work that oot or wee too lazy tae even check then on their heads be it.

Ignorance of the law does not exempt you from prosecution, so the ignorant have made a bed we All have tae lay in and that was the Legal and biding outcome of the votes taken.

Any idea that the dates will be changed because so and so didnae know whit they were voting for will end up in front of the SHU.

Let's be clear here...the officials posted out to every member an agenda for the meeting. Those in attendance vote for Themselves not their club. Every member has the choice tae come or not and vote or not on the business in the published agenda. So those who attend decide whit happens and that's the way it's always been.

The SNFC Race dates have been available to all interested for weeks anaw, so if members at that meeting yesterday couldnae work that oot or wee too lazy tae even check then on their heads be it.

Ignorance of the law does not exempt you from prosecution, so the ignorant have made a bed we All have tae lay in and that was the Legal and biding outcome of the votes taken.

Any idea that the dates will be changed because so and so didnae know whit they were voting for will end up in front of the SHU.

well said john sheep comes tae mind with them baaaa :emoticon-0140-rofl:

:emoticon-0137-clapping: