Disappointed With The J Murphy Column

lanarkshire lad

Reading the Joe Murphy column in the BHW I must say I was very disappointed with Joe's comments regarding the SNFC races it seems to me he does not give credit where credit is due!. The SNFC had a great 2015 racing season one of the best that I can remember with great races from Alencon Ancenis and Clermont and had two great races from inland race points Eastbourne and Portsmouth what more does he want?? and all these good races were achieved using wicker baskets and a real good bed of shavings IMO the best mode of transport for the long haul. WHY does Joe think that by going in a Geraldy transporter would be an improvement? The SNFC got it right this year IMO with there races so a BIG WELL DONE TO ALL CONCERNED and I hope this year is much the same.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wicker baskets are old hat, they get far to much heat from them during the night, and most losses are due to birds getting ,too dehydrated, yes there is water about but, if its a early lib, the worse the race will be as most don't get near the one sided drinker. Pigeons dont need heat as you also have seen them in ice water no problem . time to think out side the box

Wicker baskets are old hat, they get far to much heat from them during the night, and most losses are due birds getting ,too dehighdrated, yes there is water about but, if its a early lib, the worse the race will be as most don't get near the one sided drinker. Pigeons dont need heat as you also have seen them in ice water no problem . time to think out side the box

Aye ok.

Birds are in top condition being sent to the race, so why add more heat. :)

Correct, if it was a warm day, your are more than ,likely. to get a lib, than not and that over rules the metal heat argument and puts that to bed.

Q

Aye ok.

But what i would like to know if some one on the transporter to check at around 3 am to take a swab from the under ,inside of the aluminium crate to see if there is any condensation, and if we sort with fans or such. If none then we are a bit more the wiser.

In this photo these two jst arrived from bedhampton at 8 or 9pm at night after been in the basket a few days... they came back spotless like all my pigeons did from all snfc races I've sent too

Very nice geo but with better planing they should be up on time,in the us and in turkey they can tell within the hour you are going to get rain and how long its going to last

Think the day less in the basket is more his point and that the smaller Geraldy transporters can go via the channel tunnel to achieve this.

There isnae any guarantee of a race regarding weather so whats the use getting there a day early only to be held over for days with pigeons sitting on a bit of cardboard for days.

In 2010 the nat was at Bovingdon with over 5,000 birds and arrived there on the Friday morning. The mid-day temp was in the 30s C and godness knows what it was like inside but I was told locals put water hoses on the transporter in an attempt to cool it down. heat can kill quicker than we imagine and I do believe their was disastrous returns.

In 2010 the nat was at Bovingdon with over 5,000 birds and arrived there on the Friday morning. The mid-day temp was in the 30s C and godness knows what it was like inside but I was told locals put water hoses on the transporter in an attempt to cool it down. heat can kill quicker than we imagine and I do believe their was disastrous returns.

That could be hearsay there could have been other issues atmospherics etc.

There isnae any guarantee of a race regarding weather so whats the use getting there a day early only to be held over for days with pigeons sitting on a bit of cardboard for days.

That's still a day less in the basket 😀😀😀😀

I would rather have my doos on a bed of shavings for an day extra I think your splitting hairs mate.

Think the birds will be better served for it as to a better race too many variants to suggest eighter way.

Your entitled you your opinion mate as am I and I would rather have a day less in the basket.good luck for the coming season. :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer:

No for the brother and me ,3rd open plus 5 in result best race point in the country lol . 10/15

I think for the channel wicker is best ! Have seen many doo,s settled down in the shavings at marking but never seen any lying down in the geraldy baskets . Jmo.

Seen plenty doos sit down, on there feet without shavings donsen't seem to be a problem sitting on cardboard , and had no problem in a 3 day, hold over.