Todays Times & Returns

andy Burgess

I might have miscounted we might have 31 home update in the morning when sober lol

Ps...forgot I left the pair where the hen had laid in the empty section before I left the loft earlier and no sure if I counted them or not???

The joys of a few halfs😎😎😎

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are all kidding ourselves in relation to the hawk problem that the birds are facing,, in the last 10 years it has got worse year after year, no matter if your racing north south east or west. its now a case when u got to ur clubs the ? is how many have u got...not what time are u in.. thats a true indication of the decline in straight racing, not only in scotland but across the UK. when 24/30 is acceptable we have a major problem. Now we all know that sitting about waiting on MPs or things to change , is a complete waste of time. So at the next AGM i personally will be proposing an "alternative motion" to try and improve our quality of racing. What i do need is ALL members to get on board, not Half, but All.

There will no doubt be running costs for this, however i think with the the right guys behind this we can keep them as low as possible.

One sale will create a fund that should cover 90% of all costs.

I mean even if it costs £ 5.00 a head, A yb for racing to cover costs of Product, transport and housing, i think it would A fiver well spent.

My biggest Fear is that if we dont ACT now ( i.e in the coming season) the clock is ticking and in 5 years we might not have half the numbers that we have today.

So wether you had a good or bad race yesterday, or good or bad season this year, Still get on board, this problem is not going anywhere and putting our heads in the sand or doing it in a Halved arsed manner is no longer good enough.

I think we are all kidding ourselves in relation to the hawk problem that the birds are facing,, in the last 10 years it has got worse year after year, no matter if your racing north south east or west. its now a case when u got to ur clubs the ? is how many have u got...not what time are u in.. thats a true indication of the decline in straight racing, not only in scotland but across the UK. when 24/30 is acceptable we have a major problem. Now we all know that sitting about waiting on MPs or things to change , is a complete waste of time. So at the next AGM i personally will be proposing an "alternative motion" to try and improve our quality of racing. What i do need is ALL members to get on board, not Half, but All.

There will no doubt be running costs for this, however i think with the the right guys behind this we can keep them as low as possible.

I mean even if it costs £ 5.00 a head, A yb for racing to cover costs of Product, transport and housing, i think it would A fiver well spent.

My biggest Fear is that if we dont ACT now ( i.e in the coming season) the clock is ticking and in 5 years we might not have half the numbers that we have today.

So wether you had a good or bad race yesterday, or good or bad season this year, Still get on board, this problem is not going anywhere and putting our heads in the sand or doing it in a Halved arsed manner is no longer good enough.

Agree 100%

great post paul definetly needs done by everyone not just a few

the only way an best post I have heard hopefully it goes ahead .

Great forward thinking post mate ! yer bang on the money this problem is not going to go away or reduce without Action and the sooner the better for the sake of the sport !!

as I have said many times ?? we talk the same talk every week every year

but the problem keeps growing ?

and nothing is done for fear of prosecution

unless we act we are doomed there is a solution and that is we act together

and we let each other know what area we are responsible for ie what are you are dealing with

the problem as I see it we are afraid to post our findings of how we are dealing with the problem

and others are not aware of what action to take

sharing and pooling our information with each other should be the starting point????

we can doo this if we all play our part ?/ but we MUST ALL PLAY OUR PART

no use leaving it to a handful of dedicated fanciers to solve our problems

(failing to prepare is preparing to FAIL)

Got one reported in Stirling last night ,so now missing 3 from 29 , will take that in this day an age .its a cock that went missing one night from loft with two others came back two days later hurted ,bruised keel and didn't go out and fly for about a week , missed two or three 20 mile tosses ,so prob should have left him in loft on Friday night and gave him more training . My fault .