Ets Question

tiger

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

completely defeating the point in ets if it does come in ill chuck the snfc because of work I cant always be there if im lucky enough to get a pigeon....this was the main reason I got ets

like I said it would appear not a 100 % this would be a safe guard

What's happened for it no show its not 100% anyway?

Is it possible to register the same bird twice, as an example GB14Z00001 and GB14 Z0 0001. The reason I ask is I queried a print out where the spacing of the numbers and letters differed. The answer was" that's the way it sometimes prints" I find it strange that the printer has a mind of its own allowing it to do this, perhaps some of you have experienced this yourselves it would be interesting to find out. I know that when I am adding birds to my pedigree system it allows me to register the same birds several times with various spacing differences.

Is it possible to register the same bird twice, as an example GB14Z00001 and GB14 Z0 0001. The reason I ask is I queried a print out where the spacing of the numbers and letters differed. The answer was" that's the way it sometimes prints" I find it strange that the printer has a mind of its own allowing it to do this, perhaps some of you have experienced this yourselves it would be interesting to find out. I know that when I am adding birds to my pedigree system it allows me to register the same birds several times with various spacing differences.

I believe I am right in saying with the Bricon system there is a set way of registering birds and if this is not carried out the bird will not register.

Must admit that the only time I had my STB set as a standby to my Unikon was during the year of the monthly updates most of which appeared to be corrupt in some respect at release - and that dented my trust in the system(as well as a lot of others). Those days are gone and I now consider it very reliable... wish I could say the same about my doos could do with a few standbys there!

Can an ets ring be assigned twice to the same ring number if the software was downloaded on multiple computers

You have to synchronize the pocket clock to put the info in it,so doesn't mater what PC you use as it will replace all the old data with the new.

So no duplication as all the old data is gone.

They cloned dolly the sheep

Don't see a big problem for those with the know how to clone a ring ?

Did van lint not say in his DVD that those systems were not used in the Far East as they would have it cracked in no time ,maybe I am wrong with that quote but sure something was mentioned .

I dont know if its just me,but has anyone found that the ets rings we have been getting lately are harder to pick up by the scanner.

Willie near every week in our club rings dont work and thrown away why is this happening . they just wont work i think robbie mc donald has had heeps along with wilson noble in fact i would go as far as say every member has had this bother GSD on this site can tell you more but robbies daughter has ta put most of them over the pads twice and andy higgins has said they are not registering and ive had it a couple of times so must be a problem OK