Favourite/Least Favourite

sapper756

Considering all the various times throughout the year with your birds, which is your favorite time, and which is your least favorite? and why?

such as, breeding, training old birds, training youngsters, racing old birds, racing youngsters, moulting, winter months,short races, long races etc.

Thank you in advancehttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0167-beer.gif

Considering all the various times throughout the year with your birds, which is your favorite time, and which is your least favorite? and why?

such as, breeding, training old birds, training youngsters, racing old birds, racing youngsters, moulting, winter months,short races, long races etc.

Thank you in advance

Theres only one fav and thats racing old birds, worst training ybs

favorite time is Rennes night if you have clocked one!!!!!!!! :lol:

worst time the night after if you have not. :crying:

YES JOHN I GOT 1 OF MY BIGGEST THRILLS EVER THIS YEAR CLOCKING ON THE SHIFT FAE ALENCON I HOPE I CAN DO IT AGAIN WHAT A NIGHT WHAT A CELEBRATION :emoticon-0140-rofl: i WAS FOUND LYING IN FRONT OF THE LOFT THE BACK OF 11 THAT FRIDAY NIGHT BY GEORDIE LIGHTBODY WITH AN EMPTY BOTTLE OF SAMBUCA LYING NEXT TO ME AND A HAWF EMPTY LTR OF VODKA BUT I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT (WELL OF WHAT I CAN REMEMBER) AND THE PHONE NEVER STOPPED ALL NIGHT :emoticon-0123-party: :emoticon-0123-party: :emoticon-0123-party::emoticon-0167-beer:

same as alf sht myself lettin yougsters out first few times a mate of mine says open loft fk off for a couple of hours and see what happens but a canny i am still a nervous wreck running up and down the street chasing them back twards the loft so for me the best time is just now when i dont let them out i can put my head on the pillow haha :animatedpigeons:

Lows-having to dig to the loft just to feed and water them.*touch wood*no real deep snow this winter(yet) or last.

Highs-definately the nice June/July days.Long drives down some of the donkey treks training the doos,picking up a sausage roll on the way back.Then sitting in front of the loft flicking them bits of seed and watching them clap around all day :emoticon-0157-sun:

Guest Basin View

Least favourite has to be young bird training, we have all been there, dreams and hopes dashed so quickly with the "Toss from Hell"

I like when the young birds really take to the air for the 2nd or 3rd time and they realise that with their wings thay have this incredible power and ability and they are all over the sky above the loft. Really like on a nice afternoon or evening once the young birds are teaming to see them climb higher and higher in a tight bunch heading in one direction then in another, but also get nervous when they are gone too long.

Like as the longer races come on to open the small cat trap in the evening and see which of the old cocks come out and leave the loft and go clapping around land and then go again...roll on these summer nights.

Favourites for me has to be breeding, flying out youngsters, I don't have near neighbours so no chance of landing up the road, I also love young bird racing, old birds gets a bit boring for me, I think I need a race partner

Favourite = watching them be healthy over winter period,

then i love breeding, eggs hatch ..rings on...clean boxes..wean them off,

send them out and wait for winning results.

Least favourite = preparing birds for certain races and them getting hawked or injured b4 race, or coming back hawked/injured

atb

Mick

Guest pigeongirl

most favourite time is watching the race end (better if i win but still love it if I don't). Stood there hoping i am first rain, hail or sunshine. Next is spending time with my pigeons just sitting watching them.

most hated times moulting, pairing up and the cold weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Favourite time is watching old birds on open loft flying in and out over

long spring days with items they favour ie string twigs leaves seaweed

to furnish nests with.also a late late bred I got from maskeme &

Mackie going hell for leather

r with the hens when out.A we cracker.

Least favourite.Has got to be moult and this terrible weather

over summer and winter.