Snfc Nantes.

Mossgiel

Great looking through the old results ,although no day birds in one of the results the top fancied pigeons are still at the top of the result ,Cream always comes to the top regardless of velocity .

Am I right in saying J & A Grieve were 2nd open twice with the same pigeon was it called old jock .

Great looking through the old results ,although no day birds in one of the results the top fancied pigeons are still at the top of the result ,Cream always comes to the top regardless of velocity .

Am I right in saying J & A Grieve were 2nd open twice with the same pigeon was it called old jock .

That is correct Mick, they were 2nd open on consecutive years with their good Blue Pied Cock "Jock". On one of those occasions [1973 ] they were runners up to W & D Ree's Grizzle Cock " High Degree".

That is correct Mick, they were 2nd open on consecutive years with their good Blue Pied Cock "Jock". On one of those occasions [1973 ] they were runners up to W & D Ree's Grizzle Cock " High Degree".

I got a youngbird in that belonged to J & A Grieve they transferred it to me it was also a pied

I paired it to a gift pigeon from clubmate George gardiners white pigeon the streaker which was the first in our region to win £1000

They produced to identical sisters 112 and 113

112 tried to see how much she could miss the Glasgow London express which ran parallel to our house at wamphray unfortunately coming of a poor second end of racing for her lol

113 was dynamite scoring on many occasions although very flighty ,she scored from the disaster hastings race when the fog came in then from rennes

Was setting her up the following year for nantes all was going well until basketing when as I attempted to pick her up she shot beneath my feet resulting in a wonderful pied hen minus a tail lol

Trying to get my old grey matter working did the grieve's own horses ??

I got a youngbird in that belonged to J & A Grieve they transferred it to me it was also a pied

I paired it to a gift pigeon from clubmate George gardiners white pigeon the streaker which was the first in our region to win £1000

They produced to identical sisters 112 and 113

112 tried to see how much she could miss the Glasgow London express which ran parallel to our house at wamphray unfortunately coming of a poor second end of racing for her lol

113 was dynamite scoring on many occasions although very flighty ,she scored from the disaster hastings race when the fog came in then from rennes

Was setting her up the following year for nantes all was going well until basketing when as I attempted to pick her up she shot beneath my feet resulting in a wonderful pied hen minus a tail lol

Trying to get my old grey matter working did the grieve's own horses ??

Yes, the Grieves owned horses. They left the pigeon sport to concentrate on horses [ I believe ]. If my memory is correct it was show jumping horses they were involved with ?? If that Hastings race you refer to was the SNFC race, it was a real stinker.

Yes, the Grieves owned horses. They left the pigeon sport to concentrate on horses [ I believe ]. If my memory is correct it was show jumping horses they were involved with ?? If that Hastings race you refer to was the SNFC race, it was a real stinker.

I watched 'Lauderdale John' come up ecclefechan high street to be 3rd open (i think) can't remember if it was 1st in the solway. I remember going to the clock station with Dickie Graham(who passed away on monday) and not may there.

Great read on a great long distance fancier. It shows that these winning men from all these years ago, change their methods to still be at the top of the tree.

Jim does not train now for the Nationals but has them on roundabout.

Great read on a great long distance fancier. It shows that these winning men from all these years ago, change their methods to still be at the top of the tree.

Jim does not train now for the Nationals but has them on roundabout.

True there john

The man without a system has nothing As you know its having faith in your system

Atb

I watched 'Lauderdale John' come up ecclefechan high street to be 3rd open (i think) can't remember if it was 1st in the solway. I remember going to the clock station with Dickie Graham(who passed away on monday) and not may there.

Sorry to have heard about Dickie

Was ricky whom I attended school with at Lockerbie his son

Plenty of the all time greats on those results. Not been many better pigeons than the 7th Open hen for Bobby Carruthers when ye consider she was also 8th Open Nantes two years earlier and 6th Open Rennes the year before that.

Lewis can you find a pigeon documentary that had bobby and his club mates in it the guy that made the was from galston his name was mr Kay the production was called Kay's originals could never find it it was a cracking wee program ðŸ‘

Lewis can you find a pigeon documentary that had bobby and his club mates in it the guy that made the was from galston his name was mr Kay the production was called Kay's originals could never find it it was a cracking wee program ðŸ‘

I've a copy off it, it's VHS ( tape recording) can look it out for you. It's where I put after moving house .