Canker

greenbar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often should u canker the birds?

all ours have just (2 days ago) finished a course of canker treatment . try and do it prior to pairing . ive 2 different brands here , and alternate them each time , putting an empty packet pinned inside the section . as to "how often" , i dont know, just when i feel like it. to be honest , also dont know if its needed or not .

Seldom if ever. But due to treatment canker often runs rife.

The fact is that they need a canker. This keeps other cankers away. There are 32 or more cankers, so which one are you treating for?

Oh I know a wide spectrum.

But then Canker is one of the best at getting immune to treatment, hence one should never use the same one more than twice at most.

So very many deep rooted cankers take one hell of job to shift and is very often thought to be Y/B's.

Seldom if ever. But due to treatment canker often runs rife.

The fact is that they need a canker. This keeps other cankers away. There are 32 or more cankers, so which one are you treating for?

Oh I know a wide spectrum.

But then Canker is one of the best at getting immune to treatment, hence one should never use the same one more than twice at most.

So very many deep rooted cankers take one hell of job to shift and is very often thought to be Y/B's.

Very interesting post . What products would advise not to use more than twice . I have been using the one product now for over ten years and it still removes canker from top to BOTTOM :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Very interesting post . What products would advise not to use more than twice . I have been using the one product now for over ten years and it still removes canker from top to BOTTOM :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Any

I think Al the saying is 'If you haven't got it, why treat it.

I know, hope, that all my pigeon have it! Of course just the one. Hence I won't have of get other strains. But once you weaken the first strain, then others that come along, soon you WILL have canker problem.

So the pigeons tell me, you and ALL if they need to have treatment for any thing.

So in that case all and anyone will / should seek help or take action.

If not broken how can one fix it?

I, we don't really see fit and healthy pigeons it would appear. We expect and know it for if an ailment shows up, then we sort out what and how.

Can't honestly remember when I treated for canker, or much else for that matter..

so u send every thing to 500 ml and win with them ?

Everything that's reached a age and had the preparation that can go yes they all must race theses distances and yes I do alright although always hoping for improvement.what about you Allan are your tested and treated birds scoring at 500 mile for you

Dal12 BUT all pigeons must, AND DO carry a canker. Even if a mild form only, it is needed. Once cleared they very quickly get canker again. So via treating every year, whether or not needed, it will and does strengthen the immunity against the treatment.

My birds had to do 3 or more of the longest used races .. 2 either North or South and 1 at least the other way.

Won Bergerac ... first 3 with only day birds, and a fort night later won Thurso with the same winner. Other two went Lerwick or Frazerburgh. Never, ever treated.

Dal12 BUT all pigeons must, AND DO carry a canker. Even if a mild form only, it is needed. Once cleared they very quickly get canker again. So via treating every year, whether or not needed, it will and does strengthen the immunity against the treatment.

My birds had to do 3 or more of the longest used races .. 2 either North or South and 1 at least the other way.

Won Bergerac ... first 3 with only day birds, and a fort night later won Thurso with the same winner. Other two went Lerwick or Frazerburgh. Never, ever treated.

The treatment of canker at this time of

year is hee-haw to with racing results

That's the point that I am trying to make.