Small Team Fancier

geordie1234

Taking from another forum: What in your opinion is a small team fancier?

Let me just state I have no issue with anyone sending 200 doos to a race etc this is just a wee convo to keep us occupied lol

Small for me is 12 pair of race birds maybe 40 ybs? I know there is guys who fly a lot less

Let me just state I have no issue with anyone sending 200 doos to a race etc this is just a wee convo to keep us occupied lol

Small for me is 12 pair of race birds maybe 40 ybs? I know there is guys who fly a lot less

3 years ago we started the season with 18 racers......this year it will be 50......always 40/45 ybs

Used to be a Big team .. A mob flyer nigh :P

With all the conditions put in front of or feathered friends man made / and natural I think the term of small team has now gone. :(

No sure it's 100% dead Billy still a couple in our club but they have to pick their races to win......touch wood the last 2/3years have been good racing

No sure it's 100% dead Billy still a couple in our club but they have to pick their races to win......touch wood the last 2/3years have been good racing

Good evening dull yin :emoticon-0136-giggle: . Like everything in life you have got to be able to take the knocks . In only three races this year my team was minus one and all the rest ripped to pieces. Managed to fly the the program last year with a small team . But with a small team if you take a hit yir fcked. ;)

Just four member alone sent nigh 300 y/b's per race last season, and many more at home to counteract so called losses. ... into a very small area. Plus others making quite a few. Some - like me 15 miles or more the wrong side of the wind, and drag find it a mite disheartening. But not really bothered. But when these flyers say that they are combatting losses! :emoticon-0136-giggle: I think most are swamping and breeding culls, and maybe 'Win at Any Cost'. Quality not quantity still prevails at the distance and hard races in the Old bird season.

That's me just uploaded my ets clock with this years birds for the old bird season 22 allocated in the clock , I think I would class myself a small team flyer, we'll have 14 widow cocks with 9 off them yearlings, the rest will be roundabout hens and we prob have 30-40 ybirds .Won every old bird race 2016 in our club so must be doing something right .with a diploma out off Roye C34 111 OPEN to end the old bird season ,hopfully more this year

That's me just uploaded my ets clock with this years birds for the old bird season 22 allocated in the clock , I think I would class myself a small team flyer, we'll have 14 widow cocks with 9 off them yearlings, the rest will be roundabout hens and we prob have 30-40 ybirds .Won every old bird race 2016 in our club so must be doing something right .with a diploma out off Roye C34 111 OPEN to end the old bird season ,hopfully more this year

m8

Top bombing that

That's the problem racing a small team...great results tho so the blood of your stock should stand you in good stead to replace them.....best of luck

Still learning Dal been in the sport for 20+ years only started winning when my old man retired and I bought some decent birds in, wish I could have a bigger team but old man is getting on now. So we'll just have fly with what we have and hope the bops have all been killed with the bird flew

Still learning Dal been in the sport for 20+ years only started winning when my old man retired and I bought some decent birds in, wish I could have a bigger team but old man is getting on now. So we'll just have fly with what we have and hope the bops have all been killed with the bird flew

Everyday is a learning day in pigeons lol

Good flyers dont need to keep a lot of doos Well done on last seasons performance pal :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Small team flyers need good doos big team flyers need canon foader doos that will top the fed 1 week and loose the next big team men can handle bad races bop anything the game can fling at them where is a small team man raps them up in cotton wool for its next race it's set up for its the big team man that keeps the clubs and fed going it's good to C the big team man picking his auld pooler just shows you how Good he is from his 50 + doos lol