Snfc

dkj

I sent 4....could have sent more but it'd offline, Weather no great and solway prog means 100 mile jump.......all adds up

Oh and fed open frae Stafford this weekend also

Come on now Stevie, the Solway has won the last 2 yb nationals and it still acts as if its out of favour :emoticon-0179-headbang:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on now Stevie, the Solway has won the last 2 yb nationals and it still acts as if its out of favour :emoticon-0179-headbang:

The numbers entered tell you exactly what the members think Derek.......its VERY easy to loose pigeons at the national. Don't think it's anything to do with winning just a poor set of circumstance

Imagine if we all had that attitude , expletive remove no cnut would go in the west or north

Am telling you why the entry is low......its a poor race for returns in the solway......that's fact. ....nowt to do wae a sense of disadvantaged

Am telling you why the entry is low......its a poor race for returns in the solway......that's fact. ....nowt to do wae a sense of disadvantaged

Stevie, at least you've a chance to win the race . Ye are saying they don't go in case they lose them !!!

That's right, they usually batter in here lol. No excuses from the lads down there, well done on sending yourself.

Stevie, at least you've a chance to win the race . Ye are saying they don't go in case they lose them !!!

That's right, they usually batter in here lol. No excuses from the lads down there, well done on sending yourself.

There ye are Derek that's pigeon racing mate.....they don't fancy it.

I sent 4....could have sent more but it'd offline, Weather no great and solway prog means 100 mile jump.......all adds up

Oh and fed open frae Stafford this weekend also

Are you serious. If you draw a line from Buckingham to Annan it's no that far East of Stafford. And the Peterhead lads are jumping 200 miles. We are only jumping 116 miles

Are you serious. If you draw a line from Buckingham to Annan it's no that far East of Stafford. And the Peterhead lads are jumping 200 miles. We are only jumping 116 miles

Deadly serious. .....if you race from Buckingham in a west wind with a small amount racing within a majority heading up the east what side of the penines do you think they will go?

Stafford us on the traditional west line while Buckingham is on the centre line hence my statement offline...

Maybe not if the jump was on the same line Robert but on a diffo route in a west wind?? I think it's a fair assumption that a lot will get offline?

Ok point taken. Gone are the days when we had race programmes which asked the birds to fly in a straight line home.

My 4 are jumping from 140 miles. They have had a few races and loads of training but it's a big jump for them.

Ok point taken. Gone are the days when we had race programmes which asked the birds to fly in a straight line home.

My 4 are jumping from 140 miles. They have had a few races and loads of training but it's a big jump for them.

Yes Robert dog leg racing is a mystery to me.

Solway program has done wonders for my team over the last few years to the extent that racing 40 at the start I have 29 left and no room for them.......but the flip side is six races but only 120 miles! Difficult compromise

Think you'd be surprised by the number of Jim CULLEN pigeons Billy has won with Derek, would bring water tae a glass eye reading it !!!!

read it in one of the pigeon papers him saying his best birds were from chainbridge lofts

mainly vadenabelle

when he had the 1st 6 in the ybn all 6 were this breed

5 direct and 1 bred out of directs

I also read somewhere he had the chainbridge meerkirks

as like most lofts he will have lots of diff breeds

(horses for courses ) as they say

I would pout billy favourite in any wind it would be nice to see some of the east members giving him some praise for a change instead of of the cold shoulder treatment some have gave him at marking stations billy is a true gentleman of the sport willing to help anyone the work he pout into his birds are second to none and wee all no about loft location but there are fancers beside him to so all the best billy boy

Good post tam that blow to the head has certainly helped!! And good luck at the national. :partick-thistle-Crest: