National

novo10

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These inland Nationals races used to be run successfully by Federations and the club result was usually over in an hour with the Fed in 30 minutes. This has all changed since the SNFC introduced a money making venture to the detriment of what it once stood for and changed the object of its foundation..

Well my fed got a tanking

Yorkshire weren't even at Billiericay when Lanarkshire and the snrpc went up so they couldn't have went if they wanted

They were at Buckingham and went at 13.00

that's what I been told John so why did they hold then John could it be the poor weather on route of the strong nnwest wind

Well my fed got a tanking

George, in my day Lanarkshire had the best race controller in Britain and taught me all I know regarding controlling races and that was Andy Durning who I am sure would not have liberated with virtually total cloudcover over most of England.

More negative talk, get on with it and enjoy what we have. All this sh ite about the sport finishing, negative, negative, negative. Lets f kin deal with the problems weve got and move on. Its as simple as that. The sport could be sorted in one weekend but too many idiots in it to let it happen.

Derek I think the reason for the negative feedback from fanceirs is down to some silly race controlling decisions this season I would,nt do the job so am not going to get into a argument about it but some of races this year has been farcical down to poor decisions being made and I for 1 am at the stage when I feel like chucking it and I still have half my team left. I normally look forward to this part of the season but ats me finished for the season my doos have had enough punishment for 1 year.

Banging on about 20-30 years ago is pointless the racing today doesn't even resemble the racing of back then. In Ayrshire you get on average 70% maximum returns most weeks so thats nearly a third of your team gone at almost every race (some will be better most will be around ther or worse). If you started the season in Ayrshire and went to every fed race (longest one around 450 miles) you wouldn't finish the OB season with more than ten - that's a fact. We are feeding BOP and the RSPB is happy about it

The weather is beatable - death isn't - we fight on and the birds that keep coming are the birds that will produce further generations, will they evolve fast enough to develop skill to avoid predators ? I'm not sure that's possible.

put a letter in asking. and then the committee will have to deal with it. and let us no that went wrong. mind everybody got hammered on saturday. i agree with del we need professional controlling help.

My reply was NOT aimed at the SNFC as I am NOT a member but all the liberations on saturday just look at velocities tells it all

Derek I think the reason for the negative feedback from fanceirs is down to some silly race controlling decisions this season I would,nt do the job so am not going to get into a argument about it but some of races this year has been farcical down to poor decisions being made and I for 1 am at the stage when I feel like chucking it and I still have half my team left. I normally look forward to this part of the season but ats me finished for the season my doos have had enough punishment for 1 year.

The worst problem in the doo game is doomen Robbie. We couldn't agree on the colour of shyte .Everything can be sorted, BOP, Controlling,Nationals getting back together, etc etc BUT whatever we tried to do, maniacs would have something to say about it and stop the progress.

These inland Nationals races used to be run successfully by Federations and the club result was usually over in an hour with the Fed in 30 minutes. This has all changed since the SNFC introduced a money making venture to the detriment of what it once stood for and changed the object of its foundation..

Was it not the members that wanted inland racing other wise they would not have voted at AGM for it. And the members will decide if they dont want it at the AGM.

My reply was NOT aimed at the SNFC as I am NOT a member but all the liberations on saturday just look at velocities tells it all

did you think it was going to be a bad race on saturday. because i thought it was fine on saturday for a race. until the races started unfolding then i knew they were something wrong. but it was to late by them.

as most fanciers thought the same as me. there up great news. i was wrong like many other fanciers,

here we go again if they had not liberated on Saturday they would probably still be sitting at race point as the forcast was not good for sunday I didn't send as I did not fancy the forcast I was getting was full overcast conditions with a 10mph n.w.wind it was always goingto be tough how many sent birds to the race that maybe should,nt have been there ie not fit enough or good enough

Yorkshire weren't even at Billiericay when Lanarkshire and the snrpc went up so they couldn't have went if they wanted

They were at Buckingham and went at 13.00

john u should read this ymrc held at billericay until 1.00 saturday afternoon , the race was 20 plus mins longer than expected but overall returns are good with the combine winner doing 1215 velocity and the rest of the birds all close up behind.....it was bad at racepoint until very late up to the lib time hope this helps

Guest Hey Presto

Just what I was thinking. Nobody said a cheep about the weather on Saturday. We were all expecting a good steady race. If the snfc had held over on Saturday they would have been slagged off to hell and back on here.

Well said

The worst problem in the doo game is doomen Robbie. We couldn't agree on the colour of shyte .Everything can be sorted, BOP, Controlling,Nationals getting back together, etc etc BUT whatever we tried to do, maniacs would have something to say about it and stop the progress.

I rest my case, expletive remove :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Just another little bit of information regarding Littlehampton. Farnborough Airport is 30 miles North on a direct flight line into Central Scotland and at 40 miles North they are 3 miles from the approach or take off for the busiest airport in the world HEATHROW. Perhaps the weather had nothing to do with the returns.

Not going to criticise the controllers but was surprised when I got text saying birds were up , pleased to hear it , but surprised after watching forecast all week , the snfc used to use Steve Appleby for their race forecasts years ago when I was on the committee , I'm sure jock Alston will verify as he was the controller that felt with Steve , why was his services halted I'm not sure . Maybe time to use a service like that again maybe .

After the Messac race 2011... I stood up at the AGM and asked why they didn't use a professional weather forecast service anymore. The Secretary at the time said they would discuss it and see if it was feasible to bring it back. I think it was stopped as they thought it wasn't value for money. Remember pigeon fanciers/controllers have the best interests of the birds and no way would I blame them like I didn't Blame Jim Hannah or Paul Calder at the time.Professional weather forecasters can see a lot more than Joe public can on a website.

I was,nt at race so not going to blame anyone but with modern technology why can't they send a video of the liberation and post it online ! Then everyone can see for themselves what weather at lib point is like .

To request that Colin is to cast doubt on what the convoyers are saying.......It was stated that the birds were liberated at 07-00 in a 6M.P.H. north west wind,bright and sunny at the race point and the birds cleared immediately in a northerly direction,....cheers...JBC/..

I was,nt at race so not going to blame anyone but with modern technology why can't they send a video of the liberation and post it online ! Then everyone can see for themselves what weather at lib point is like .

Good point and I agree,but "what the eyes don't see the heart does not grieve over"we are treated like sh.ite.

did you think it was going to be a bad race on saturday. because i thought it was fine on saturday for a race. until the races started unfolding then i knew they were something wrong. but it was to late by them.

as most fanciers thought the same as me. there up great news. i was wrong like many other fanciers,

Why is it every time I say something u try and have a dig at me as av told u before al say what I want

here we go again if they had not liberated on Saturday they would probably still be sitting at race point as the forcast was not good for sunday I didn't send as I did not fancy the forcast I was getting was full overcast conditions with a 10mph n.w.wind it was always goingto be tough how many sent birds to the race that maybe should,nt have been there ie not fit enough or good enough

Heard this all before not fit not good enough that's crap people send they're best to these nationals

After the Messac race 2011... I stood up at the AGM and asked why they didn't use a professional weather forecast service anymore. The Secretary at the time said they would discuss it and see if it was feasible to bring it back. I think it was stopped as they thought it wasn't value for money. Remember pigeon fanciers/controllers have the best interests of the birds and no way would I blame them like I didn't Blame Jim Hannah or Paul Calder at the time.Professional weather forecasters can see a lot more than Joe public can on a website.

Correct frank