National

novo10

its ok being wise after the event. if the snfc club had held over on saturday,you would being jumping up and down like a mad man on saturday morning, as you do, FACT. everybody got hammered up country on saturday.

After the birds were up Johnny went on the live web cam and said it was dull and overcast

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here we go again if they had not liberated on Saturday they would probably still be sitting at race point as the forcast was not good for sunday I didn't send as I did not fancy the forcast I was getting was full overcast conditions with a 10mph n.w.wind it was always goingto be tough how many sent birds to the race that maybe should,nt have been there ie not fit enough or good enough

How do you know yer yearlings are good enuff if you don't send them?. Dull days? When did they become a no go?

Not going to criticise the controllers but was surprised when I got text saying birds were up , pleased to hear it , but surprised after watching forecast all week , the snfc used to use Steve Appleby for their race forecasts years ago when I was on the committee , I'm sure jock Alston will verify as he was the controller that felt with Steve , why was his services halted I'm not sure . Maybe time to use a service like that again maybe .

Yes Stuart i did thé race controlling for 5 years for the national, but only took thé job on thé condition that i would havé thé services of thé Weather centre which in my opinion is thé only way it can be done right,thé service provided was so profesional, recieved à fax at 4.30 in thé morning with details of thé prédicted weather from race point to the north of Scotland wind speech and direction, cloud basé, state of thé sea in thé Channel, visability. Thèse détails were provided for all thé différent areas throughout thé Whole country,i Could also speaker to thé forcaster at any time of thé day in thé event of a delayed libération. I had thé services of Steve Appleby in thé later year or so and he also provided an excellent service at à very resonable cost. Yes i agréé it is Time we went back to using profesional help.

Yes Stuart i did thé race controlling for 5 years for the national, but only took thé job on thé condition that i would havé thé services of thé Weather centre which in my opinion is thé only way it can be done right,thé service provided was so profesional, recieved à fax at 4.30 in thé morning with details of thé prédicted weather from race point to the north of Scotland wind speech and direction, cloud basé, state of thé sea in thé Channel, visability. Thèse détails were provided for all thé différent areas throughout thé Whole country,i Could also speaker to thé forcaster at any time of thé day in thé event of a delayed libération. I had thé services of Steve Appleby in thé later year or so and he also provided an excellent service at à very resonable cost. Yes i agréé it is Time we went back to using profesional help.

I'm quite sure the present race controllers would love to have this service available to them . Myself included .

If i was a controller on Saturday i would have put them up 100% whole of scotland got pumped move on

Thank goodness your nae a race controller we at attitude and before you get on your high horse I sent 1 we the fed and got it and 2 we the national and got 1 .

Thank goodness your nae a race controller we at attitude and before you get on your high horse I sent 1 we the fed and got it and 2 we the national and got 1 .

No attitude what I'm saying is....all the controllers put them up and i agreed wae them.... as for high horse just u pipe down.... same story every year and nothing is done so as I'm saying move on

Believe there was bad races even when the services of Stevie Applyby was used,bad race won't be the first or last on to Reims now canny wait good luck every one let's focus on Reims now.

Have been reading this thread with interest, the various opinions and reports from down the country all no doubt correct in some form or another. the race controllers and convoyers are only human and have the best interests of both birds and fanciers alike, do they get it wrong ? of course they do at times .

but surely every means at their disposal could and should be used , if thats using the guy Appleby or the weather forcasts then use them , . give the guys doing the job praise, I for 1 would never do it . give them the chance to get a clearer picture every race whether its a National or a club/ fed race..

. just out of interest We got 1/2 late on the second day in torrential rain.

Just spoke to a top flier from the south coast of England and he cannot believe our birds were liberated on Saturday. His organisation had a short 70 miler from Bedhampton and were frightened to liberate because it was so overcast and when they did eventually let them go, their birds were coming single file all day and the next with several lofts losing top birds. This must be the worst inland national ever since they started in the 1990s. :emoticon-0179-headbang: and I think we have lost the plot at national level.

We had a race on saturday from penzance to Dublin 223 miles.........loads failed to time in and still havent..i got 0 from 7 sent.where are all these birds. the nipa and the edc also raced from sennencove and penzance on that day.all 3 feds had different libs .nipa at 6.30 edc 8.00 and isrf at 8.30.seems all over the uk had dody returns not just off the channel.

We had a race on saturday from penzance to Dublin 223 miles.........loads failed to time in and still havent..i got 0 from 7 sent.where are all these birds. the nipa and the edc also raced from sennencove and penzance on that day.all 3 feds had different libs .nipa at 6.30 edc 8.00 and isrf at 8.30.seems all over the uk had dody returns not just off the channel.

Ive had a pigeon reported in co monoghan in Eire from Littlehampton on sat it's never made a mistake in its life the mind boggles lol.