Lets Talk About The Weather ?

wet all week here, our birds arent out today . what weather conditions help you decide what to send ? no latebreds or yearlings in East , North-East winds ? none sent in temperatures below 10 degrees etc etc . whats your guide-lines to help you make a decision wether to send or not ? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather is poor and the forecast for the solway racing on sat is a cold n/e with the low chance of showers. I would like to say that I wont send cos of this or that.........but we will......maybe less than we could but will send. 43 mies for me

Cold wind, keep them in the hut, it will certainly set them back even though just 43 miles.

What's MIES, :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I arrived at Liverpool training academy yesterday about 11:45 whilst having a look around u could hardly see for fog when a batch of about 30 trainers I assume passed over racing like hell the English don't seem to care about the weather I wonder if he got them all home

I am 65 miles from the first racepoint for the Solway (Shap).The forecast is for a maximum temperature of 8 degrees celcius with occasional showers and a fairly brisk NNE wind.I have looked forward to this since last September but I know if I send doos in these conditions I will probably not see them again.Pigeon racing in Scotland starts too early and takes no account of climate change.

far to cold yet but organizations know this, and still go mid April, cause they always have pigeon thinking is we have always went then, so why change eh. If we don't do change soon then change will see the end of our once great sport .The history books will surely talk of a lack on direction from those that administrate our sport. Time we put the birds first.

i have no problem with the weather almost all my yearlings will go as they are fit and ready the old birds will not be in a basket for a few weeks yet if your birds are fit weather should not be a problem its up to the fancier to make sure his birds are fit and ready to race ive done my part and made sure jim done his the guys who cant or dont train will be in trouble if the forcast stays the same imo

Problem for me is if I miss the first 2 Dunbars, 116 miles, its 160 or so to Otterburn for 3rd race. Trying to decide the lesser of two evils. Will keep an eye on temperatures this week and see if they creep above whats been forecasted. No doubt I will send some. Any thoughts and advice appreciated.

i have no problem with the weather almost all my yearlings will go as they are fit and ready the old birds will not be in a basket for a few weeks yet if your birds are fit weather should not be a problem its up to the fancier to make sure his birds are fit and ready to race ive done my part and made sure jim done his the guys who cant or dont train will be in trouble if the forcast stays the same imo

How many yearlings are you going to send if the weather is NNE walter,

Keep us informed how they go when the weather turns on there beaks and cold. :(

Well i cant get peace to let doos out at home for the hawk another youngster killed the day before i seen the hawk eating it next door garden ,then training !! hopeless split up and lost 5 out of 29 all coming back in penny numbers ,and yes the weather far to cold ,racing should start in May ,seasons have changed up here spring last a few days usually in summer LOL.

Not had a toss yet if the weather was good all the hens were going but the way it looks just now only the yearlings will go but all are loft flying 1-1/2hrs twice a day just now they look and handle well had them swabbed and droppings tested and all is well so they will go tossed or not...

will be nothing to to with the weather if they dont phil they have been prepared for it so its up to them if i thought i was taking a chance i would not send them

Walter, the weather has everything to do with pigeon racing all over the world, so I certainly don't agree with you on that one.

Dosent matter how fit you think your birds are, I think if the weather stays like it is just now, there will be heavy losses.

All training that's been done has been done a lot warmer than it has been over the last few days, cant even get them out due to the cold weather we have had over the last few days. :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Never had my racers in such top condition this early on in the year been flying the sky's last six weeks and tossed to 20 mls

The weather here at present resemble s Siberia ,was fitting a garage door up moffat water valley today and the East wind and showers would have made a monkey strike its young

Crazy starting this early with three races in April ,but great uncle Bulgaria did it so they say

Shap 64 mls this week then move onto 120 mls for two weeks

Sure the birds won't find the distance a problem but 100 % sure they don't like this cold eastery

Just like their owner

at the end of the day we are all our own race controllers if you dont like it you dont send them lets face it we all knew the date of our first race like it or not if the first race was in january id make sure my birds were ready not talking about winning thats a bonus but i make sure they are fit enough to get home any that are not will not go it would make no difference if the racing started in june we all know some guys would still not be ready we all know its better with a bit of heat in the air but its the uk we live in and thats the way it is for all we just have to deal with it and i also dont like kelso as a race point lost some good pigeons there on perfect warm days but thats what was voted for so good luck to all racing this weekend