How Many Members Do You Fly Against

ghostrider

I'm in three clubs but only flew in Sankey Bridges last season,20 odd members but only about 15 sending at the start of the season.This drops off until the y/birds start then it picks up again.The others two clubs are down to 7/8 sending members although they both have about 20 members each.

I'm in three clubs but only flew in Sankey Bridges last season,20 odd members but only about 15 sending at the start of the season.This drops off until the y/birds start then it picks up again.The others two clubs are down to 7/8 sending members although they both have about 20 members each.

think all clubs are in the same boat now alex not many guys go every week and many have dual members just to survive shame but thats how it is now

if we are to flourish clubs will need to join together,i m o.

Have to agree with this.

My club has 7 members in total, with maybe only 5 members sending. Another adjacent club has approx. 6 members. Now, when I say adjacent, these 2 clubs are only 3 or 4 miles apart by road and you can drive easily between each one in 10 minutes! One club certainly has no prize or pool money. For the past 2 years, they have come together and racemarked at the same premises....no problem! They came together this year and held a series of shows to help with transport costs, and raised a 4 figure sum. A brilliant effort, and obviously an example of how they can work successfully together. However, mention the thought of combining into a single stronger club, and things go south very quickly. People talk about historic sentiments associated with their club etc. etc. I suggested the 'easy' way around that, would be to disband both clubs and immediately reform under a new name. No chance !! I can't understand it. Are we to remain in this surviving and precarious state or be more pro-active before disaster occurs ?

It's beyond me, or is it just me, seeing a doubtful future ?

think our club is down to about 16 now give or take one or two

Sadly Burnbank only has 13 lofts and only Les Mcnaughton has a loft in Burnbank but hasn't raced for two years. The jungle used to be full of doos when I was younger.

Lanarkshire Social Circle, 58 lofts.

And Me am still a member