Is Pigeon Racing In A Flap

peter pandy

Whats it saying Peter?

2 pages regarding cruelty to racing pigeons by PETA and really stupid comments from officials. We have been reported to the Gambling Commission, DEFRA, and RSPCA regarding culling and widowing our birds and massive losses in races. No-one mentioned falcons as one of the possible reasons of losses to the reporter Simon Edge.

That is PETA being PETA. The stand they have taken is the same that they have been taking in America. We have to take this seriously because in spite of the fact that we think they are Nut Cases they will shout and bawl and attract the attention of the media as they have already shown us all.

My opinion is that if we take the right approach to this threat we will come out the other end stronger. We have nothing to hide and nothing to be ashamed about but we have much to do to improve our Public Image. If we get this right they will be of great help by providing us with the reason why our Public Image is so vital. In recent years we have lost concentration in enhancing the way we are seen by the Public but we have time on our side and providing we do not become distracted by behaving in a negative way we can turn things around very quickly.

Guest geordiejen

i wonder why they have decided to bring this up just weeksshort of the new season?keep them fit keep them healthy and keep them flying guys.could be a bumpy ride but their is a lot to be lost financially if the pigeon racing sport was to be called to a halt.

Nary a worry. Best to ignore them. They have no power, nor sway with any body that could do us any harm. Only a midget of the public would be interested, and then soon forgotten. They are only after making and gaining money at any level via cheap publicity.

Guest homestead

Nary a worry. Best to ignore them. They have no power, nor sway with any body that could do us any harm. Only a midget of the public would be interested, and then soon forgotten. They are only after making and gaining money at any level via cheap publicity.

i would not go as far as to say ignore them altogether they are causing problems in USA, to come out with statements like one method of culling the birds is to kill them with exhaust fumes is totally barmy (£1-39 a ltr). The spokesman from the RPRA spoke well and gave a good account for the fancier as for reporting us to the Gaming Commission well enough said. Do gooders again!!!

It is not a good idea to ignore these people.We must have our defence ready against what could become an onslaught on our sport.For starters all transporters should be spotlessly clean and pigeons should be crated in such a way that the vehicle can withstand any snap inspection by DEFRA whom PETA are trying to enlist as their allies.It will have to be shown that the birds have adequate acess to food and water and not overcrowded.I hope this post is not regarded as patronising by fanciers but I repeat these people are dangerous to our sport.

Dont think any pigeon fancier can hope to have a discussion with these idiot tree huggers any time soon as they seem to have no avenue for discussion unless you enrol as an activist!!!

These are the kind of morons that should be confined to a padded cell(lined with silk of course!!! no animal products here???is that poss lol) Where exactly do they place cattle and poultry in the food chain that feeds the world???

These people cant be ignored but are so far from the real world I doubt any discussion would be fruitful?

Perhaps they should go to dumfries high street any given saturday afternoon and look at them poor wee BOPs tied to perches doing nothing but lining the owners pockets???? Perhaps this is why the Royal society for the protection of birds of prey are staying well away???

Guest Cawdy

to right Sammy

i said they would be on to us next after the lurcher boys

and i might be wrong but im sure they instigated the hunting ban.

we need to be whiter than white in every thing we do. dont give them any excuse

I've read ths article and although I haven't yet has anyone googled racing pigeon and culling to see where this fkn clown got his killing or how to kill idea ? , I think everyone should be very carefull what they say on sites like this as these fkn clowns and I will say it again fkn clowns will be looking in .

Another thing is if these fkn clowns actually get their way do they realise what would happen to thousands of useless pigeons ,because if you / we can't race them. Then they would be worth nothing . Why would we keep racing pigeons if we couldn't race them ? ,oh and I forgot these fkn clowns never mentioned bop predation as the major cause of losses ,why I ask ,so they can get the other fkn clowns the rspb on side .

Don't brush these people aside they won't go away they thought fox hunting

Would not get banned it has they stopped dogs tails being docked they have

Got a ruling passed you have to get a permit to set snares so show them

Respect they have also attacked fishing and shooting because they don't do

It no one else should communists .

Whats the world coming to eh! See there not trying to ban racing but long distance racing (or channel) Surely the fact we have the Queen of GB as a patron and who owns racing pigeons we have a fighting chance to speak out back to them

they are pressuring her to pack in being envolved with pigeons .

Whats the world coming to eh! See there not trying to ban racing but long distance racing (or channel) Surely the fact we have the Queen of GB as a patron and who owns racing pigeons we have a fighting chance to speak out back to them

Do you think she wasnt into fox hunting as well, didnt deter them getting that banned