Training and losses

just ask me

with only a few weeks to the first young bird race how's your training program going ours are doing 1/2 an hour morning and evening and at the w/e there getting

a toss out of carnwath about 10 mile sat/sun which takes them about 50 mins.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mines are coming along nicely they have had a few tosses first time at 18 yesterday and were back 23 minutes but mucked about when they got back so its further down the road for them today, becasue i have started training they dont do much flying at the house now and are just chasing each other about trying to pair up

Had my 3rd trainer yesterday, around 20 miles. 2 x 5 miles before that.

I get about an hour's ranging out of them mornings, not a lot now evenings, so that's when I train. Pleased with progress so far.

mines are coming along nicely they have had a few tosses first time at 18 yesterday and were back 23 minutes but mucked about when they got back so its further down the road for them today, becasue i have started training they dont do much flying at the house now and are just chasing each other about trying to pair up

Shot myself in the foot 12 missing from 21 heavy rain a couple of miles up the road from lib point 3 and half hours later 9 drop in :cry-blow:

Shot myself in the foot 12 missing from 21 heavy rain a couple of miles up the road from lib point 3 and half hours later 9 drop in :cry-blow:

I DONT THINK THATS THE RAIN GEO IT WILL BE PERCY MATE

more will make it home m8http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0156-rain.gif

I DONT THINK THATS THE RAIN GEO IT WILL BE PERCY MATE

Started mine yesterday along with a clubmate from draffen , first lot about half them were bang on time the rest of them were one at a time until nightfall. I was lucky and got the last two this morning my clubmate is 5 short with one being reported in falkirk. No Doubt in my mind BOP strike.

Started mine yesterday along with a clubmate from draffen , first lot about half them were bang on time the rest of them were one at a time until nightfall. I was lucky and got the last two this morning my clubmate is 5 short with one being reported in falkirk. No Doubt in my mind BOP strike.

Where did you train from i trained fae Abington

I noo believe it was a BOP strike fkn bass

well out of 21 i have 16 back from today

the only saving grace is that i have 4 squeakers weened about 2 weeks ago in the loft and a yb that was flying well thats just coming back from a leg break so i may just train now and not race so i have yearlings next year

mind you as today shows there is no safe way to build a team once there in the sky thats it

well out of 21 i have 16 back from today

the only saving grace is that i have 4 squeakers weened about 2 weeks ago in the loft and a yb that was flying well thats just coming back from a leg break so i may just train now and not race so i have yearlings next year

mind you as today shows there is no safe way to build a team once there in the sky thats it

STILL TIME FOR MORE TO WORK BACK KEEP THE FAITH MATE :emoticon-0157-sun:

Guest m.bollington

i have had 9 training tosses now up to 30 mile just started putting them on a transporter with other birds to get them breaking they have had 2 tosses on transporter and going again today 35 mile

Guest m.bollington

i started out with 48 birds and now have 39 left only racing young birds as just starting up again so got no old birds cant wait for 1st race got my eye on a few birds hope they do well

off for another toss now hope to beat the rain :) just over 20 miles :) i started with 37 still have 36 left , imagine hawk probably took one as stamped up and not reported if i get to end of week with 30 i'll be more than happy , if i still have the 36 i guess the times im choosing to train are working around the bops feeding patterns :)