Training and losses

just ask me

Didn't want to say on my previous post but any i have had go that high and not get down before nightfall never ever seen a feather ,really sorry for you as it is bad enough nowadays without this happening,really makes you wonder at times if its all worth the hassle nowadays think it is our thoughts of yesteryear that keeps us going ,my prob is i would need some sort of a pastime couldn't hit the pub all the time cant play golf and Scottish football is worse ,so we will just have to keep our heads up my friend and hope there is sunshine around the corner :emoticon-0157-sun:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On losses

Are we cruel racing pigeons? Everytime i put doos in a basket i know most likely i will not see some pigeons again :cry-blow:

NO WE ARE NOT CRUEL GEORGE THE SO CALLED BIRD LOVERS RSPCB ARE THE CRUELEST UNCARRING BARSTEWARDS IN THE FKN WORLD , THEY HAVE OVER SATURATED THE COUNTRY WITH THERE BELOVED BLOOD SUCKING BOP , THERE THE CRUEL IGNORANT BASSAS :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:RANT OVER BUT IM SICK OF THEM AND THERE PETS

I have now had three tosses Ecclefechan to Moffat (about 21 miles) fairly good results so far dropped three I think but strangely I have lost three 2010 late breds being trained with the young birds..I paqssed a fancier releasing birds just south of Wamphray but was unable to stop and speak to him because of traffic.He was releasing at a bad spot for falcons

Good to see things are going OK Walter ,I am heading of to wamphray tomorrow and Friday with the gang all 118 of them the sky was black over moffat tonight they certainly were flying well in several groups ,funny thing so far no peregrine strikes(oh s-- should not have said that) ,of out on the lash Saturday our gala day then having a day of pigeons Sunday as i will be feeling rough so going to take ma wee dog peregrine visiting just in case they are all dead would hate it if that were happening :emoticon-0138-thinking::egyptian:

Didn't want to say on my previous post but any i have had go that high and not get down before nightfall never ever seen a feather ,really sorry for you as it is bad enough nowadays without this happening,really makes you wonder at times if its all worth the hassle nowadays think it is our thoughts of yesteryear that keeps us going ,my prob is i would need some sort of a pastime couldn't hit the pub all the time cant play golf and Scottish football is worse ,so we will just have to keep our heads up my friend and hope there is sunshine around the corner :emoticon-0157-sun:

Mick i got my last one from the toss yesterday at 3 pm this afternoon and percies had a hold of her , but yet another one has escaped , thats bird 25 this year now .

just after the last one arrived from the toss one of my 36 that dissapeared last night arrived knakered land on ground in front of loft wings hangin , the good news is and im really pleased is there is now 27 from the 36 back the last one landing there at 9,50 almost dark , they have flown them selves absolutly owt and sitting there all puffed up on perches tonight , where the hell do they get to , think im lucky to have gotten so many back . great feeling getting them work back in like that :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl: makes up for all the kickings we get nowadays

NO WE ARE NOT CRUEL GEORGE THE SO CALLED BIRD LOVERS RSPCB ARE THE CRUELEST UNCARRING BARSTEWARDS IN THE FKN WORLD , THEY HAVE OVER SATURATED THE COUNTRY WITH THERE BELOVED BLOOD SUCKING BOP , THERE THE CRUEL IGNORANT BASSAS :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:RANT OVER BUT IM SICK OF THEM AND THERE PETS

Perhaps they are very fortunate that we live in a civilised society or perhaps they would be the one's finding themselves targeted .

Mick i got my last one from the toss yesterday at 3 pm this afternoon and percies had a hold of her , but yet another one has escaped , thats bird 25 this year now .

just after the last one arrived from the toss one of my 36 that dissapeared last night arrived knakered land on ground in front of loft wings hangin , the good news is and im really pleased is there is now 27 from the 36 back the last one landing there at 9,50 almost dark , they have flown them selves absolutly owt and sitting there all puffed up on perches tonight , where the hell do they get to , think im lucky to have gotten so many back . great feeling getting them work back in like that :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl: makes up for all the kickings we get nowadays

Brilliant told you there was :emoticon-0157-sun: around the corner :egyptian:

Why is a march or protest not organised at Blackpool? makes sense since thats were most the fancy are together

Think clubs should get a rota organised whereas all members would have an allocated time to phone there local mp every day giving him major grief regarding the welfare of our doos if every club the length and breadth of the country were to do this for a solid month it would be the main topic of discussion in parliament as it would be driving them to the point of doing something .

Think clubs should get a rota organised whereas all members would have an allocated time to phone there local mp every day giving him major grief regarding the welfare of our doos if every club the length and breadth of the country were to do this for a solid month it would be the main topic of discussion in parliament as it would be driving them to the point of doing something .

Yeah that would be good

Also a kinda conference at Blackpool other than petitions that we know go no were

This way we could all agree a plan of attack

Yeah that would be good

Also a kinda conference at Blackpool other than petitions that we know go no were

This way we could all agree a plan of attack

Must be getting to oor MP he was in the local paper last week saying he's lost three stone's

F-- C-- :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

Must be getting to oor MP he was in the local paper last week saying he's lost three stone's

F-- C-- :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

fone them and tell them your not going to vote for them again untill they listen to you thats what i did AND SEE WHAT ANSWER HE GIVES YOU

Guest KING BILLY

back up to gorebridg today libed at 0630 thay beet me home againg going to dunbar what is 50ml to me tomoro that will be them till next wed friday night drink sat pouting thare ets rings on saterday sunday monday night shift back at it wed thur friday and hopefuly into the newmains open race sat if whe can get it orginised

Well im going to steer clear of the m74 from now on and go across country everytime except once i have been hit doon the m74 so im gonny go along the m8 from now on!

Is there any lanarkshire guys who go along the m8 here that get ok results ive heard some ppl go out to north berwick

2 favoured spots for Lanarkshire I've heard of are the Ski Slope and Longniddry. I've never been to North Berwick, but as there is a seabird sanctuary there I'd imagine Percy would be about, and as for Dunbar - I'd advise you to steer clear of there.

Guest KING BILLY

2 favoured spots for Lanarkshire I've heard of are the Ski Slope and Longniddry. I've never been to North Berwick, but as there is a seabird sanctuary there I'd imagine Percy would be about, and as for Dunbar - I'd advise you to steer clear of there.

wee have raced out of dunbar nearly every tues with the clydsdail mid week club and i can onastly say wee have had grait racing out of it can you give me some information about your findings

wee have raced out of dunbar nearly every tues with the clydsdail mid week club and i can onastly say wee have had grait racing out of it can you give me some information about your findings

I was at Dunbar last year training 7 National pigeons in small groups, 15 minutes apart. The first pigeon was singled-up, got hit & escaped minus tail feathers, he came home last; the second group of 3 got hit, one presumed killed and the other 2 came behind the third group of 3 which arrived home first, a good while in front of the others.

Speaking to club mates about this, I was told the Bo'ness training van had stopped going to Dunbar because of the number of times the birds were getting hit. Had I known that, I'd never have gone there in the first place.

Guest KING BILLY

I was at Dunbar last year training 7 National pigeons in small groups, 15 minutes apart. The first pigeon was singled-up, got hit & escaped minus tail feathers, he came home last; the second group of 3 got hit, one presumed killed and the other 2 came behind the third group of 3 which arrived home first, a good while in front of the others.

Speaking to club mates about this, I was told the Bo'ness training van had stopped going to Dunbar because of the number of times the birds were getting hit. Had I known that, I'd never have gone there in the first place.

i have never been with young birds only with old bird and never had a prob but you have pout the s h i ts up me with the young birds for tomoro so i wont be going thare chears mate for your information about dunbar what about tranent

i have never been with young birds only with old bird and never had a prob but you have pout the s h i ts up me with the young birds for tomoro so i wont be going thare chears mate for your information about dunbar what about tranent

I don't know about Tranent. Haddington is popular.

Guest KING BILLY

Im taking mines to Haddington no sure though about the change of direction but they will have to deal with it :emoticon-0136-giggle:

c you thars at 0615 getting ready for a 0630 lib

you ever tried Lauder KING BILLY ??

I've never had a bad one out of there and its really easy to get to

Great lib site if ye turn into the industrial estate just as you come in to Lauder.Go right through ind est,cross the cattle grid then thats you