Training and losses

just ask me

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd wee toss today from Kilncadzow had about 150 doos today and no probs,going to meet up with the Newmains van the morra for a toss fae Carnwath all going well.

I HAD MINE THERE THIS AFTERNOON TAE JIM LIB'D THEM IN 2 BATCHES FAE 20 TO 5 AND MOST WERE THERE WHEN I GOT BACK TO THE LOFT BUT I HAD 3 STAGGLERS BUT ALL HOME IN THE END :scotland:

:D

expletive remove AM DOOMED ,NONE BUT THE BRAVE,AND ONLY THE RUGGED WILL SURVIVE 37 GOING FOR THEIR FIRST TOSS,AH HOPE ALDO HAS HIS CAT WAE HIM TAE GET MINE OOT OH THE VAN,OR HE CAN BORROW LANARKSHIRE LAD,S BRUSH WAE THE LONG HONNEL(ENGLISH TRANSLATION, LONG HANDLE)BEST OF LUCK TO ALL ESPECIALY ME

:D:D:D

daughter took 49 natural yb to lanark today plus 7 birds for arras .

she saw them go over her just comming out of newmains heading home and saw them again at newhouse roundabout as they were going over airdrie , a percy went right into the batch there and all scattered ,,

didnt get the first 6 arras birds for 2 half hours after that and still 18 yb missing :emoticon-0179-headbang::emoticon-0179-headbang:

also tonight let my 36 second round yb out at 5,30 as norm there only been flying 10 -20 mins last few days , they went up and flew right up till pin dot in sky , went up at 8pm to shut loft and all 36 are gone , daerk now and still none home :cry-blow: there not strong on wing and only just flying , where the hell can they all go :crying:

if my daughter hadnt seen them getting hit with percie i would have been sitting saying there all usless fkrs :emoticon-0156-rain:

Guest youngboy

lost 3 well trained birds off loft yesterdy after hittin batch of trainers lets hope they make it home or get reported

the rest of 35 will be going on a club trainer tomorow from 40 miles that wil be there last till the race which is on sunday

she saw them go over her just comming out of newmains heading home and saw them again at newhouse roundabout as they were going over airdrie , a percy went right into the batch there and all scattered ,,

didnt get the first 6 arras birds for 2 half hours after that and still 18 yb missing :emoticon-0179-headbang::emoticon-0179-headbang:

also tonight let my 36 second round yb out at 5,30 as norm there only been flying 10 -20 mins last few days , they went up and flew right up till pin dot in sky , went up at 8pm to shut loft and all 36 are gone , daerk now and still none home :cry-blow: there not strong on wing and only just flying , where the hell can they all go :crying:

if my daughter hadnt seen them getting hit with percie i would have been sitting saying there all usless fkrs :emoticon-0156-rain:

Dreadful news,sure i have read in previous posts of birds being struck at same spot ,as for youngsters going high have also had this happen seem to get spooked as light fades and disappear ,have also witnessed them going to dots when being targeted by falcon really hope some turn up for you takes so much effort nowadays building a team without this crap luck .

Dreadful news,sure i have read in previous posts of birds being struck at same spot ,as for youngsters going high have also had this happen seem to get spooked as light fades and disappear ,have also witnessed them going to dots when being targeted by falcon really hope some turn up for you takes so much effort nowadays building a team without this crap luck .

THATS ALL YOU HEAR THIS YEAR MICK DISSASTER AFTER DISSASTER , LOT OFF STRANGE THINGS HAPPENING WITH ALL SORTS OFF BIRDS THIS YEAR ASWELL AS THE PIGEONS .. IT GOT QUITE DARK AND OVERCASTE HERE TONIGHT AND THE 2ND ROUND YB WERE PROB ALMOST UP AT THE CLOUDS THEY WERE THAT HIGH BUT DIDINT EXSPECT THEM TO GO FAR TO BE HONEST BUT I SUPPOSE AT THAT HEIGHT THEY COULD GO ANYWHERE , IF I GO UP THE HILL AT THE BACK OF ME 200FT HIGHER THAN MY HOUSE I CAN SEE ARRAN IN THE WEST THE FORTH IN THE EAST AND ABINGTON AND LEAD HILLS TO THE SOUTH SO HOW FAR CAN THE BLOODY YB SEE 1000 OF FETT UP :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Not started mine yet, in fact they are only just ranging this past week. When i get the Clermont race over with it will be all systems go with the Yb's. I've got just 25 to race, some of whom will only make it for the 3rd race.

will you put them right in at the 3 race john

got 15 back from the 18 missing this morning , but none of the 36 that went up into the heavens last night , where the hell do they go to

Guest KING BILLY

back up this morning libed at gorebridg 40ml 0625 my A nd B team with gardiners and zeek fairles thare mus be over 200 doos all home before me will have to move further 2 moro thare only given one birel then of heading strait throw the ski slop at penycoock

I have now had three tosses Ecclefechan to Moffat (about 21 miles) fairly good results so far dropped three I think but strangely I have lost three 2010 late breds being trained with the young birds..I paqssed a fancier releasing birds just south of Wamphray but was unable to stop and speak to him because of traffic.He was releasing at a bad spot for falcons

Guest KING BILLY

I have now had three tosses Ecclefechan to Moffat (about 21 miles) fairly good results so far dropped three I think but strangely I have lost three 2010 late breds being trained with the young birds..I paqssed a fancier releasing birds just south of Wamphray but was unable to stop and speak to him because of traffic.He was releasing at a bad spot for falcons

so its not true yous fancers cant train doos for the bop i always said west is best but am not traning thare to take my doos of thare line of flyet from the east whare lanarkshire fed have been brain washed to go B O P every whare mate

Guest ENDFLIGHT

expletive remove AM DOOMED ,NONE BUT THE BRAVE,AND ONLY THE RUGGED WILL SURVIVE 37 GOING FOR THEIR FIRST TOSS,AH HOPE ALDO HAS HIS CAT WAE HIM TAE GET MINE OOT OH THE VAN,OR HE CAN BORROW LANARKSHIRE LAD,S BRUSH WAE THE LONG HONNEL(ENGLISH TRANSLATION, LONG HANDLE)BEST OF LUCK TO ALL ESPECIALY ME :D:(

ooofff my result so far,birds liberated at 9 40am.joint lib. with lanarkshire lad,s trailer CARNWATH.NOW 13.15,30/37SO FAR NOW ARRIVING IN SINGLES BUT IT IS A NICE DAY WILL HOPE FOR MORE BEFORE NIGHTFALL ^_^^_^:egyptian::scotland:

so its not true yous fancers cant train doos for the bop i always said west is best but am not traning thare to take my doos of thare line of flyet from the east whare lanarkshire fed have been brain washed to go B O P every whare mate

Don't think anyone is suggesting that hawks aren't everywhere, but what seems beyond dispute is that the largest concentrations of peregrines are in the west, on the M74/M6 corridor, extending through Wales and into West of England.

Wasn't that long ago North West Fed was down that way and got humped, so much so we abandoned the west route and reverted east during the OB season. Thankfully YBs never got a taste of that, or should I say, they never got a taste of our YBs.

Guest pigeonguy147

ooofff my result so far,birds liberated at 9 40am.joint lib. with lanarkshire lad,s trailer CARNWATH.NOW 13.15,30/37SO FAR NOW ARRIVING IN SINGLES BUT IT IS A NICE DAY WILL HOPE FOR MORE BEFORE NIGHTFALL ^_^^_^:egyptian::scotland:

billy had 55/57 in one drop still waiting on 2 may have had a wee rumble from percy atb

If you live in Northern Dumfrieshire and you want to aspire to be a pigeon fancier birds of prey are a fact of life and we have no alternative but to use the M74 corridor for training.I think the same might apply to South Lanarkshire and no amount of comments will shange that fact

If you live in Northern Dumfrieshire and you want to aspire to be a pigeon fancier birds of prey are a fact of life and we have no alternative but to use the M74 corridor for training.I think the same might apply to South Lanarkshire and no amount of comments will shange that fact

Well im going to steer clear of the m74 from now on and go across country everytime except once i have been hit doon the m74 so im gonny go along the m8 from now on!

Is there any lanarkshire guys who go along the m8 here that get ok results ive heard some ppl go out to north berwick