Peregrine

tommy bhoys

ive been getting a visit from a peregrine or two over the last 9days my birds are diving into the trees and under the lofts to get away ive not lost any to date but have five injured hens which i guess is down tae hitting branches on the trees you wonder what happens on way home from race

Yeah it's been at me 3 times that I've seen in the last 2 weeks, had I right go but unsure if it got any

ive tried changing my times when i loft fly my birds but the cant still at them so must be close by will need the ninja out shortly if it continues

Must be getting desperate as the youngsters are getting more demanding. This picture was in the nest in Sheffield couple of weeks back the pigeon looks alive to me. The smart *expletive removed* guy on Twitter said they were saving dinner for later.

post-38-15892455512403_thumb.jpg

Must be getting desperate as the youngsters are getting more demanding. This picture was in the nest in Sheffield couple of weeks back the pigeon looks alive to me. The smart *expletive removed* guy on Twitter said they were saving dinner for later.

I was hit a 4pm Sunday didn't think it got any young birds ,but had a few goes then headed to newmains

It took 1 of our ybs right above the loft on Saturday morning we have lost 4 ybs in the last couple of weeks and lost an old cock too

Now we know why.

well it knows where tae get dinner noo alf touch wood its not had a kill at mines yet those hamilton birds taste better it will be back

ive been getting a visit from a peregrine or two over the last 9days my birds are diving into the trees and under the lofts to get away ive not lost any to date but have five injured hens which i guess is down tae hitting branches on the trees you wonder what happens on way home from race

Don't want to tempt providence, but doos have been on open bole for at least two months now and haven't had any bother.I think Percies have moved into towns where they have ready made wee hooses,thanks to RSPB.

We are getting bother at the lofts as no one is training so it has to go looking for grub so is moving into towns

Youngster's are hatched and growing Alan

Hence female is now leaving the nest site

Male cant carry pigeon any distance but much larger female can

Start training their youngster's about end June usually coincidedes with our gold cup

With old bird racing probably extended this year ?? Our old birds wont get it easy as they will have twice as many to face

The town city Falcons are a real problem as their hunting methods are changing

Atb pal

I've been lucky, never seen any for weeks, at least my 1st round young birds have had a good rake about, but my 2nd round are starting to flit about you can guarantee they will turn up now coz they will be looking to feed

Had first visit in a few months yesterday

About 8.45am with hens then about 11.30 with youngsters

Am breeding fantails

Your lucky Brian I’m getting it every day seen it dive in to youngsters saw them all dive for cover but chased one youngster toward Bonnyrigg was one down that day ,next day flying up near Rosewell they saw Percy again and went very high in sky the highest I’ve ever seen pigeons flying in over 55 years of keeping them another one missing but good day yesterday all home safe after exercise.

Your lucky Brian I’m getting it every day seen it dive in to youngsters saw them all dive for cover but chased one youngster toward Bonnyrigg was one down that day ,next day flying up near Rosewell they saw Percy again and went very high in sky the highest I’ve ever seen pigeons flying in over 55 years of keeping them another one missing but good day yesterday all home safe after exercise.

Honestly John I thought it was a goner as had went so long without seeing it

Was cock yesterday, had a wee look but defo far from full attack

I’m needing some lol

I’ll sort you

Hi ,the peregrine has been waging war on my pigeons for over 20 years now and can I tell you it's a never ending battle from one day to the next, worrying when the pigeons go out ranging and come back in one's and twos over the next few hours and then when the racing is on and they will only fly round your own garden and they haven't even seen the training basket yet!,sorry for the negative comments but thats how it is a times