Snfc Agm

Delboy

Because I prefer 550 plus so every one in Scotland flys over 500 MLS the way it used to be , even some in East Lothian flew less than 500 MLS for the gold cup last year which is bordering on sprint racing .

I will repeat what I say every time this comes up It,s not meant to be easy that is national racing .

Theyre was only 1 on the night out reims last year expletive remove surely that tells u it’s not a good race point and the second pigeon was after 10 o’clock 2 nd day

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theyre was only 1 on the night out reims last year expletive remove surely that tells u it’s not a good race point and the second pigeon was after 10 o’clock 2 nd day

Hard fly and small convoy. For me it needs to be easier to encourage entries.

Del it’s 590 miles to me out of Reims . That’s further than a fair few fly out of long distance race .

Because I prefer 550 plus so every one in Scotland flys over 500 MLS the way it used to be , even some in East Lothian flew less than 500 MLS for the gold cup last year which is bordering on sprint racing .

I will repeat what I say every time this comes up It,s not meant to be easy that is national racing .

Colin,

Your wrong stating everyone flew over 500 miles the way it used to be, Rennes 480 mile to Solway/Gretna

Aye and the 5th pigeon won best individual performance in Scotland (Ogilvie trophy) when the race winner applied for it timed in a half a day earlier. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

That’s crazy!! How can that work?

Perhaps the 5th pigeon had multiple performances and the first pigeon only had the one. Look at the year Walter Boswell's hen went back and placed high up multiple times. What a feat she performed.

Don't know the facts or fanciers for this one though. :)

Perhaps the 5th pigeon had multiple performances and the first pigeon only had the one. Look at the year Walter Boswell's hen went back and placed high up multiple times. What a feat she performed.

The Ogilvie trophy is awarded for best INDIVIDUAL performance, not multiple performances.

Yeah just a one off performance, I’d have thought only bird in on the night from 500 miles to win 1st open

But fair play to them all

The Ogilvie trophy is awarded for best INDIVIDUAL performance, not multiple performances.

Thanks. Thought it might be individual pigeon as opposed to individual loft.

In light of this, it seems rather strange. :)

Yeah just a one off performance, I’d have thought only bird in on the night from 500 miles to win 1st open

But fair play to them all

Especially in the Gold Cup which is the Blue Ribbon race. :)

Del it’s 590 miles to me out of Reims . That’s further than a fair few fly out of long distance race .

Was just pointing out that it should at least be a test for the birds ,but stand corrected .

Look how easy a race it was last year lol. :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Aye your right COLIN it was p*ss easy for me. Don’t know abt the rest though :emoticon-0140-rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Race Programme 2020: 

Huntingdon - Sat 30th May 

Maidstone - Sat 13th June 

Gold Cup Race - Reims - Frid 26th June 

Ypres - Sat 4th July 

Longest Race - Troyes (?) to be confirmed 

Roye - Frid 17th July 

Huntingdon YB - Sat 12th Sep

Tough old stuff