Snfc Rennes.

Mossgiel

It must be the best one Brian although their were alot of doos went from Ayrshire and the west at this time. Jock Poole, Newmains won it in 1975 in a nw wind also. Some great names still , Peter Virtue 2 in top 10, Jock Allan timing No Surrender, Anderson of Ayton, outstanding race and many more well known national men. Abie Taylor fae Falkirk was also a top flyer and always well in at this time.

It must be the best one Brian although their were alot of doos went from Ayrshire and the west at this time. Jock Poole, Newmains won it in 1975 in a nw wind also. Some great names still , Peter Virtue 2 in top 10, Jock Allan timing No Surrender, Anderson of Ayton, outstanding race and many more well known national men. Abie Taylor fae Falkirk was also a top flyer and always well in at this time.

You're right Derek, Jock Poole's winner was another exceptional performance. I have that result somewhere, however my filing system leaves a lot to be desired :emoticon-0136-giggle:. The 11th open bird, for Charlie Hood & Son, I'm sure was their "Stevie Boy" - he was also 7th open the same season from Avranches 2 - winning over £2300.00 between these two races.

C & R Anderson had a fantastic race clocking 7 on the day from an entry of 8. The glory years right enough!!

A good winner into a north west wind. Is this the best gold cup winner into the west section ?

Despite the winning velocity being under 1100 I remember this was a very good race. We timed 4/4 between 4.55 and 6.45 the second morning. The last one missed the result. I remember that season well, we sent 17 birds to 6 channel races and finished with 16 and only one of them not in race time. Imagine doing that now!

For me that win must be about the best that I know of I won my first Rennes diploma in that race timed a yearling at 21.55 happy days .

Dream stuff Jim, i'll be reminding ye come June that youve tae get yer best yearlings geared up for the Gold cup, ill join ye.

Nearly 2800 birds from the west ! Where have all the brave men went ,

Certainly have to brave today Colin

But the best must go as you know

Visited a fancier who has been 1,2,3 gold cup and he said to me your very best must go sure they can be wiped out in a bad one but to win they have to be the best

First is First

Second is nothing

Having nightmares already about sending me decent doos to the first races but go they must

Atb Mate

My dad purchased Billy's hen the next season with a view to race her , broke her ok first race Penrith she was lost for a month tried her again at Lancaster where she took two weeks to return, she was then put to stock and bred pigeons to score Red pied cock 1st Lockerbie 1st Stafford 1st club 9th open midland fed Dorchester 1988 , cheq hen 1st club 3rd fed Lancaster 1st club 5th fed 27th open scc sartilly 1985 also scoring fed Worcester open Dorchester open. Billy's hen originated from Linden&shaw Greengairs.

• 3 weeks later...

The Jock Poole win and not a bad timer for your grandfather too! :smiling-scarecrow-329: Apologies, unable to get attachment round the correct way :o

doc20180126071722.pdf

Whitburn pigeon was a cracker