Stolen Birds, Help Required.

hannah petrie

A friend had her loft broken into twice this week in Inverness, she is 74yrs old, kept show birds for many years along with her 8 yr grandson,and is totally heartbroken having been broken into and the birds stolen as they are her pride & joy

On monday morning she had 2 white Fan Tails and 2 westies stolen,

On thursday morning she had 13 tumblers stolen, 2 have been return but 11 still missing, they are white and mixed colours.

It is believed they were seen in the Elgin area today, so anyone finds any, can you please contact me or local police so we can return the birds back to her.

any help would be very much greatful

thanks

my mate round the corner has had three grizzles and an old white shetland hen nicked about three weeks ago, the same about a year ago but a lad and his g/freind came to me with the doos to give back so i did but whether its the same lad i dont know, anyhow the police are onto it but a fat lot o good that will do, i feel for his da and granda cause they are and were good doo lads, i have five missin for around a fortnight but hey , could be the hawk, its open bowl here 24seven.

Aye Dave nae the family's fault. A only named him so folk can Google and get a picture o the boy so they know not to let him in their doocote. I made that mistake then a few year later he was back and stole my doo that won my grandad memorial trophy. That was 7 year ago. A thought the boy would of sorted himself out by this time. Am sure someone would give him doos if he asked

Glad he has been caught, and will be prosecuted yet again. Maybe a mental institution this time.

Sadly - which I fear is very rare to say the least, I haven't seen much help to the lady in terms of help / replacement.

I, personally. have no such birds that the lady keeps.

If needed, and a collection is the way forward for her, I will donate £20.

Maybe this is such a case that Pigeon Basic funds can help with?

I may be wrong in this regards and if so, please forgive my ignorance.

I tend to agree with Roland that this person must be suffering from a mental health issue and is long overdue treatment for it. I think it may also be difficult to replace birds that are likely to be old favourites to the old woman. I hope they are recovered, but maybes offering a small reward for their recovery would be a better option than buying in new?

Glad he has been caught, and will be prosecuted yet again. Maybe a mental institution this time.

Sadly - which I fear is very rare to say the least, I haven't seen much help to the lady in terms of help / replacement.

I, personally. have no such birds that the lady keeps.

If needed, and a collection is the way forward for her, I will donate £20.

Maybe this is such a case that Pigeon Basic funds can help with?

I may be wrong in this regards and if so, please forgive my ignorance.

Roland and all others offering a donation I have put your suggestion to Hanna tonight as she would need to forward on a cheque if she decides to go ahead with a collection

PB would handle this and issue a cheque on behalf of members

She will let me know soon

Cheers

Ian

Roland and all others offering a donation I have put your suggestion to Hanna tonight as she would need to forward on a cheque if she decides to go ahead with a collection

PB would handle this and issue a cheque on behalf of members

She will let me know soon

Cheers

Ian

Buy the guy a bus ticket and I'll give him the therapy he needs free