andy Burgess

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest stb-

well lads it stopped raining in the n/east about an hour ago sun even came out for a short while so hope your birds get a chance to return

unfortunatly think mines in the north west of scotland or iceland lol no sun oot here yet still wet and freezing

23 amis myself still john , 10 yearlings and 13 2 and 3 yrs olds 4 of theses birds have won sect in fed and one won fed twice . i got 3birds together then 1 and that was all i got from 55 in an hour then it was one at a time comming back from the north all afternoon , the birds turning and facing back into the strong east wind were not enjoying it , you only have to look at velocities in some races to see that the birds went to far on , 1st pigeon vel 1830 20 pigeon from 122 clocked 900 , been sh** day today for birds returning , i have 1 section with 10 pairs of my best 2 and 3 year old in it , theres only 7 birds in it today from the 20 , pigeon racing mate

i got another couple back the day but still missing 20, birds that have flown battle which is 490 to me, like you say thats pigeon racing, sometimes hard to take for all that, just hope some make it, the weathers really against them now to

john

i got another couple back the day but still missing 20, birds that have flown battle which is 490 to me, like you say thats pigeon racing, sometimes hard to take for all that, just hope some make it, the weathers really against them now to

john

I feel for you John its a horrible feeling. Last week I tossed all my hens 22 of them from 20 mile in a bonny day at the time within 5 minutes it was snowing it took 3 and a half hours for me to get my first 1 I ended up we 11 out of 22 on the day fortunately they all turned up on the Monday . I know it won't feel like it just now but you will get more home over the next couple o days pal

Guest stb-

Still 23 down, think they are with your ones Rab. :)

there well away andy ive a load of really e3xsperienced yins awol yest if they were close at hand they would be home by now :emoticon-0156-rain:

Guest stb-

That's a really sore one for you boys, hope they turn up, Weathers a bit brighter here now.

unfortunatly that happens in 1800 velocitys ally a huge batch prob went ower you aboot 11.45 headin for iceland , they dont get the brakes oan and there off the turf , must admit i was especting a whole load the gether yesterday same asd last week but the whole load i did exspect to time are the yins no home ,, ah well its happend afore and will no doubt happen again . :emoticon-0156-rain: been sh itt here all day still s hitt

Guest stb-

Still waiting on 6 from 41, none today, 2 2year old latebreds and 4 yearlings, disapointed, but better than some.

Did they fly on by North or West, thoughts?

as i just said to ally 20 of the 23 birds i have missing i was exspecting to get all together in batch yesterday and with only getting 4 birds in first hour and then the rest all comming back from north from ben lomond direction they have deffo went over the top the pigeons dropping in comming back the way yesterday at 2 and 3 oclock looked better after they came from maidstone last year .