Snfc Maidstone Tuesday 25th June

sapper756

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, start an Amalgamation again to cater for 300 mile races, east and west can do the same.

The East had an Amalgamation over 10 years ago but it folded and we all know why. Who was forward thinking then. Thing is if the snfc were not at Maidstone most feds would be there anyway. Only thing is they would probably have gone up on Saturday (at least the east feds would have)

The East had an Amalgamation over 10 years ago but it folded and we all know why. Who was forward thinking then. Thing is if the snfc were not at Maidstone most feds would be there anyway. Only thing is they would probably have gone up on Saturday (at least the east feds would have)

I and Ye wid of got à howkin

Just back from SNFC committee emergency meeting.

Maidstone birds are still at Maidstone for an expected race tomorrow, liberation as early as possible. Irrespective of when the birds get away, there will be NO first day clocks. Clocks will be struck off between 11am and 1pm on the second day, if all goes well that is Wednesday 26th June between 11am and 1pm. LIBLINE will operate as normal, but the website times will not be updated after 1600.... no staff.

Update on ALL the birds: staff charged with looking after them report that they are in excellent condition. This is supported by a 3rd vet who examined them today and is very impressed with their condition, the state of baskets, and ventilation arrangements.

Gold Cup is covered and, normal marking arrangements apply on Tuesday 25th June. North West Transporter ferries the convoy to Gretna, where they will be transhipped into Central Transporter. North West Fed don't allow their vehicle accross the channel.

Maidstone birds are still at Maidstone for an expected race tomorrow, liberation as early as possible. Irrespective of when the birds get away, there will be NO first day clocks. Clocks will be struck off between 11am and 1pm on the second day, if all goes well that is Wednesday 26th June between 11am and 1pm. LIBLINE will operate as normal, but the website times will not be updated after 1600.... no staff.

Update on ALL the birds: staff charged with looking after them report that they are in excellent condition. This is supported by a 3rd vet who examined them today and is very impressed with their condition, the state of baskets, and ventilation arrangements.

Gold Cup is covered and, normal marking arrangements apply on Tuesday 25th June. North West Transporter ferries the convoy to Gretna, where they will be transhipped into Central Transporter. North West Fed don't allow their vehicle accross the channel.

Sounds good about birds welfare and arrangements, however clock checking times leave a lot to be desired for those of us who work.

And what if they dont get up

The cut-off time for liberation is 1300. If they don't get up by then, a holdover will be called and they will be moved to another race point.

good to hear some positive news :emoticon-0137-clapping:

is there no times for running clocks of at night 11 and 1 is of no good to the working man

I assume its because of the rule that clocks have to be handed in within 23 hours of timing first bird.

i take if if you get your maidstone clock struck of you could then have it set for alencon ??

What race point would it be

No decision on that tonight. Met Office pretty confident this afternoon that we will get a race tomorrow, so hopefully it won't come to that.

I assume its because of the rule that clocks have to be handed in within 23 hours of timing first bird.

Yes it is. Also folk would be able to get to their marking station during their lunch hour.

I work back shift and because of the txt I got from the fed I changed my rest day from Tuesday to Monday I will be working tomorrow so won't know how the race is going but if I get my doo Wednesday would be good for me .

If any of the guys in Blantyre are stuck for clock checking give me a call :animatedpigeons:

i'm down at point clear bay near clacton on sea around 80mile n/e of maidstone, , got her today around 16.30 and the weather was very cloudy with light spits of rain but has improved since, the sunset was a red sky a night is a shepherds delight, if im up early enough i update the weather.